New People in my Life

Fifteen Sequel: Remember Me

SULLI/CHOI JIN-RI'S POV

I just woke up from a short nap and I see my mom sitting on the edge of my bed. 

"Eomma?" I asked weakly

"Jin-Ri, your dad told me you wanted to eat dinner outside?"

"Oh, ne eomma, if that's okay with you."

She smiled and said, " Of course it is. Anyways, will it be okay if I invite someone?"

I got a bit confused and replied "Someone? But I wanted this to be a kind of welcome back home thing." 

"He'll help in welcoming you back home darling, he's your fiancee"

"Fiancee? Mom why didnt you tell me about this? How could you just wake me up from my nap and tell me I have a finacee?"

"Darling, give him a chance. He's a nice boy and he's the son of the Chinese company we'll be merging with. He speaks Korean and he studies here, so dont worry."

"Well then dinner's off, I'll see you later." With that I picked up my jacket and went outside. I didnt even wait for my mother's reply. I was so pissed. How could she do an arrange marriage? Isnt the world too modern for that? I just couldnt believe it. 

SOOYOUNG'S POV

I knew Jin-Ri would react this way so I called Luna. 

"Luna, Jin-Ri is very mad at me. She went out and since she doesnt know Seoul, she'll be lost in no time. This is your chance to meet her. I'm sure you'll be able to find her and make her come to the dinner."

"I will try my best madame."

"Okay, Kamsahamnida."

"Neh, Kamsahamnida."

I was reassured that Luna will be able to do this. She is the daughter of my secretary and I have watched her grow up. To be exact, the real Jin-Ri and her were very close when they were younger.

NO ONE'S POV

Sooyoung was right, in no time, Jin-Ri was lost. She didnt know Seoul at all and there were so many people walking in the streets that it was hard for her to pause and think were she should go. Meanwhile, Luna was thinking hard about were Jin-Ri would've gone. 

"Jin-Ri's house is in Gangnam, an knowing that she grew up in Australia, she might have gone to the first mall she's seen. I'll go and try that!"

Luna was right, Jin-Ri found a mall and decided it was the safest place she could go. Before going inside an arrogant man bumped her and she fell flat on her to the ground. 

"Aishh, that stupid man." Before she stand up, there was a hand extended to her. The hand belonged to a beautiful young lady with short black hair. She had a beautiful smile on and said "Are you okay?"

Jin-Ri accepted the hand and said "Yes I am, thank you for helping me."

She chuckled and said "You look like you're not from Seoul, are you lost?"

"Actually, I am. I dont know how to get home, but since I'm here, I'll go to the mall. Will you be willling to accompany me?"

"Of course! I came here for the same purpose. It would be nice to hang out in the mall with a friend"

Deep inside, Luna was thinking, "She looks exactly like Jin-Ri." 

Luna and Jin-Ri did lots of things together and soon enough, they became close friends.

"So Jin-Ri, why did you decide to go out by yourself when you dont even know Seoul at all?"

"Well, my mom said i will be meeting my "fiancee" tonight, but I dont want to."

"Oh, I see. Why dont you see him?"

"Are you out of your mind? Hell no!"

"Why dont you do it for your mom? I mean moms do everything for us. I remember my mom working endless just to make me finish school. I think you should meet him, not for yourself or for him, but for your mom."

Jin-Ri paused a little and gave in. "Okay fine. I'll ask my mom where it is and can you help me get there?"

"Of course I will."

Jin-Ri and Luna sat on the bench while they waited for Soyoung's reply

"Well, Luna it's actually in this fancy restaurant called, oh whatever i'll just show you the address."

Luna took a look at the text message and she knew where it was. 

"No problem! Let's go!"

In no time, the two girls arrive at the restaurant. Luna could see Sooyoung through the glass windows and Sooyoung could see Luna as well. She gave Luna a warm smile and Luna knew her job for the day was done. 

"Well, Jin-ri, here it is. I better get going."

"Oh, yes, thank you so much. Are you sure you dont want to join me for dinner?"

"This is your dinner. I got your phone number so I'll call you when I can go out with you."

"Same here. Thanks Luna! Bye!"

With that Luna waved and Jin-Ri entered the restaurant.

"There you are Jin-Ri!" Sooyoung said

Jin-Ri could see a handsome young boy beside her mother and she knew it was Luhan. Indeed he was handsome, but she doesnt know him at all.

"Jin-Ri this is Luhan. Luhan, this is Jin-Ri" Sooyoung excitingly introduced one another.

"Nice to meet you Jin-Ri-sshi. I'm Luhan."

 

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating this fanfic for a long time. I've been busy with competitions but I promise, I'll update more next week! :)