Familiar

Fifteen Sequel: Remember Me

Sehun’s POV

I shot straight up in the middle of the night. It was all a dream. Of course it was. It can’t be that easy to tell Sulli. She won’t accept it that easy either. I haven’t even formally worked with her. I got up and went into the kitchen. I drank a glass of water and I can’t help but think of everything that’s happened. Six years is a long time and I can’t help but think that this is partly my fault. If I could’ve gone home for one Christmas or Summer, I would’ve known earlier that she was missing. But I was too caught up with basketball that I didn’t even bother. I didn’t even end up playing in the NBA. It was during my first game as a Senior when I landed on my knee and everything I worked for fell into the ground.

** The Next Day

As soon as I timed in, CEO Choi calls me into her office.

“Are you done thinking about my offer?”

“Yes, actually.”

“Are you going to take it?”

“I’ll take it.”

“Good. I’ll have you work on the project with Jinri and Kyungsoo for two weeks then you go to China.”

The moment CEO Choi offered me this job, I knew that she was trying to take me away from Sulli, but I know that if I don’t take her offer, she might do more extreme measures to take Sulli away. Anyways, I have two weeks to get to meet her and try and befriend her.

“Understood. Thank you, CEO Choi.”

She simply nods her head and I head to the construction site.

I see Sulli looking at the blueprints with Kyungsoo. She looks even more beautiful now. She has grown into such a mature young lady. I wish I was there to watch her grow. I also wish she saw me grow. I shouldn’t have left.

“Mr. Oh! Over here!”

I smile and make my way to the table. As I get closer, I see her wearing the necklace I gave her.

“Hi Ms. Choi. I thought we were just starting this project?”

“You can call me Jinri. I know you weren’t here when we made this, but I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to study them well in no time. You can ask me or Kyungsoo if you have any questions. We both made most of it.”

“Understood.”

NO ONE’s POV

“Jinri-sshi, would you be free for lunch?”

“I don’t really have anything in particular so I guess I am.”

“Great! Wait for me here, I’ll just get the car.”

“Okay.”

Sehun gets his car and Jinri comes into his car.

“So, Sehun-sshi, what was it like going to college in the US?”

“It was different, but I was lucky my family migrated with me, so it helped me adjust a lot. How about you? Didn’t you stay in Australia too?”

“Yes, I did but I didn’t remember anything before coming to Australia. Unlike you, I didn’t have friends in Korea.”

“I’m pretty sure you have friends. Anyways, where did you get that necklace you’re wearing?”

“Oh, well actually, I just found it at home. I don’t really know who owns this.”

“I have the exact same one. Here.”

Sehun takes off the ring and gives it to Jinri. She looks at it carefully and for one moment, she was sure he was the boy in her dreams. But she waves off the idea thinking “my mom wouldn’t lie to me about something this serious.”

“I guess it is the same. Where did you get yours?”

“It was a couple ring, with my girlfriend.”

“Oh, you have a girlfriend? Did you meet her in Stanford?”

“No, we were together since first year high school.”

“How sweet! You guys were high school sweethearts! You should introduce her to me.”

“I can’t. She died.”

Jinri was taken a back and replies with a “I’m sorry.” Sehun shrugs and continues to talk about the topic. “Well, she’s not really dead. She’s missing.” Jinri’s face lightens up. “You have to find her Sehun!” Sehun smiles. “I actually found her already, but she doesn’t really remember me and I feel like she’s already happy with her life.” Jinri frowns and turns to Sehun “You have to tell her Sehun. Even if she doesn’t want you anymore, at least you let her know. She has the right to know, and you have the right to try. You’re gonna look back and regret it if you don’t.” Sehun looks at her and replies “You really think so?”

“Yes, I really think so.”

They get to the restaurant. It was a Korean barbeque restaurant. It used to be Sulli’s favorite restaurant.

“How did you know I love Korean barbeque?”

“It was a lucky guess.”

“It’s been a while since I ate in a modest restaurant. This feels cozy.”

Jinri looks around the restaurant and for some reason, it looked so familiar. “Have I been here?” she says in her thoughts. “Maybe mom has brought me here when I was younger, before I lost my memories.”

Sehun and Jinri both ate quietly. Sehun couldn’t stop stealing looks at Jinri. Jinri feels a little uncomfortable.

“I’m sorry I can’t really talk about myself. I just have no memories. I spent time in Australia for medication. I didn’t even go to school there. My mother hired a personal tutor. It was just me and her in the study. I’m really sorry.”

“No worries jinri. I know you’ve gone through a lot. I just don’t know what to talk about too. I mean, we’re just starting to get to know each other. Why don’t you just tell me things like, your favorite color? Or your pet peeve. You know, things like that.”

“That’s a great idea.”

Sehun and Jinri spends dinner having a wonderful chat and getting to know each other really well. After dinner, Sehun drops off Jinri in front of her house.

“Thank you for dinner, Sehun.”

“No problem.”

“You feel so familiar Sehun. I just feel like I’m not even trying. I hope we get even closer. Thanks again.”

“I feel the same way Jinri. I hope we can be closer. Good night.”

Jinri’s POV

Ii don’t know why, but Sehun feels so familiar. I feel like I’ve known him for so long. I feel like he knows me too. A lot of weird things have been happening around me and I can’t stop thinking about it. I try to brush it off, but I just can’t. I feel like I need to dig into it. I decide to open my laptop and research about my accident and myself. I can’t help but feel like my mom is hiding something from me.

 

A/N: And here is my first update since like 2 years! I considered erasing the whole fanfic and start a new one because I reread the older chapters and they were very poorly written. But then, I figured, it would be a waste to throw away everything I wrote before when it has received love from my subscribers. Thank you so much for waiting for me! I will be updating once every week! Hope you guys like it!!