You Must Leave

The Tale of Snow White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, the huntsman took Baek Seol far into the forest and into the meadow just as planned. Baek Seol happily twirl gracefully among the meadow and picking up flowers, not knowing what the huntsman will do to her. At the same time, she was singing a happy melody. Suddenly, she heard a sad chirp from behind the rock. Baek Seol put down the flowers she collected and ran to the sound of the chirp. She spotted a baby chick chirping sadly. 

"Hello there," Baek Seol greeted gently. She pick up the chick and carassed it with her gentle hand. "What's the matter? Why are you chirping so sadly?" The chick just chirp in respond, as it is too young to talk. "Are you lost?" The chick began to cry. "Aww! Please don't cry."

Unknown to Baek Seol, the huntsman slowly took out his dagger and began walking towards her. "Come on now. Cheer up. Can you smile for me?" asked Baek Seol. The chick look up and tweeted happily. "That's better," she giggled and she kissed its head. Then, she heard the sound of chirping from the sky. "Oh! There's my baby!" said the mother bird. 

"Oh! Are you the mother of this chick, ma'am?" asked Baek Seol.

"Why, yes. I've been looking all over for him," replied the mother bird. "The wind has blew the nest away with him in it."

"Aww! You poor dear," Baek Seol said to the chick. 

"Thank goodness you found him," said the mother bird. "Thank you, Baek Seol."

"You're welcome, mother bird," said Baek Seol. "Alright now. Back to your mommy." The mother bird grab her baby and flew away. "Good bye." Behind, the huntsman was close to her. He began to draw his dagger. Baek Seol saw the shadow, turn around and screamed! The huntsman tried to kill her but he couldn't. He drop his dagger in result.

"I can't do it! I can't do it!" sobbed the huntsman. He knelt down and asks for forgiveness. "Forgive me, Your Highness." 

"What's going on?" asked Baek Seol, feeling confused.

"I didn't mean to do that. I swear. I was given orders by Queen Lucinda to kill you. She is angry and jealous of you. If I don't complete my task, she will punish me to death," explained the huntsman.

Baek Seol became scared, hearing about her stepmother's evil plot. "What should I do?"

"You must run! Hide yourself to be safe! Get away from your stepmother! And never return!" the huntsman ordered. Baek Seol didn't know what to do but the huntsman forced her to go. Baek Seol took the heel and fled into the deep forest. As she was fleeing, a fairy came to her. "Baek Seol!" she called.

"Oh! It's you! You got to help me! My stepmother wants to kill me!" sobbed Baek Seol. 

"Come with me! We know a way to help you escape!" said the fairy. Baek Seol followed her all the way to the fairies' village. The fairy ask her to come into the fairy queen's palace quickly. "We heard about your stepmother's evil plan. To be safe from her, you must leave Lavidia." 

"Leave Lavidia?" gasped Baek Seol.

"It's your only way to get away from the queen," said the fairy queen. Then, she waved her magic wand and created a portal. "This portal will take you to the real world where you can stay there. Though, I must warn you. It will be a dangerous place, filled with rough people and unfamiliar big cities. You have to find your own way to survive. And animals and other living things do not talk over there. Real people is what you need to talk to in order to survive. But don't worry. At least you will be safe from your stepmother's anger." 

Baek Seol just stare at the portal. "Hurry and step in before your stepmother finds out where you are," said the fairy queen. Baek Seol nodded. "Thank you so much, fairy queen. I will never forget this." And she got inside the portal and travels wherever it is taking her.

 

Meanwhile, in a city of Seoul, South Korea, city lights were shining brightly in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter