Baek Seol Is Alive?!

The Tale of Snow White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meanwhile, in the kingdom of Lavidia, evil Queen Lucinda went to her magic mirror one night. She was carrying the box with a heart inside. "I haven't been to my magic mirror for two days now. It's time I ask it who is the fairest of them all now," she said. She summoned the mirror with some magic words. "What in need of me, my queen?" asked the mirror.

"Magic mirror on the wall, who now is the fairest of them all?" asked the queen.

"Though you are fairest, but Baek Seol is still the most fairest of them all. I see her in another world. A world full of large buildings and busy people on the streets. She is now living happily in a house of a man so handsome and kind," replied the mirror.

The queen gave out a loud cackle, for she doesn't believe her mirror's words. "Don't be ridiculous! Baek Seol is now dead in the forest. The huntsman has brought me prove." And she open the box and showed the heart to the mirror. "Behold! Her heart!"

"That is the heart of a boar you carry, my queen. Baek Seol is still alive," the mirror corrected her. The queen examine the heart again and the mirror was correct. It was a heart of a boar. "The heart of a boar?!! I have been betrayed!!" She threw the box with the boar's heart away. "Grrrr! That blundering fool!! He tricked me!! That means Baek Seol is still alive!!!" She turn to her mirror. "I demand to show me where Baek Seol is!!!"

The mirror revealed Baek Seol having dinner with Kyuhyun. Seeing her stepdaughter alive, she roared with anger. Furiously, she went to her throne, sat on it and push a button. The throne immediately took her down to her secret laboratory, where she mixed potions and spells. "If that huntsman can't kill Baek Seol, I will have to kill her with my own hands!! I will go straight to the world where Baek Seol is in a disguise which no one can recognize my real identity." She went to the shelf and took down a book on disguises. 

She carefully flip the page to look for a perfect disguise to fool Baek Seol. "Ah! Here we go. An old hag." She studied the ingredients to make the potion carefully. She gather all the ingredients and pour them carefully into a cauldron, one by one. "Now, we mix the potion all together."

Once the potion is ready, smoke came out from the cauldron. "Ah ha! It's ready!" The queen carefully fill the potion with a ladle and pour it into a glass. "And now, begin the transformation!" She drink the potion and the transformation began, along with a crack of thunder. Her hair began to turn white and her hands began to turn into wrinkles. 

Soon, the queen has been transformed into an old hag. "My voice! I sound ghastly," the queen cracked. She look into the mirror and smile evilly. "I did it! Now Baek Seol won't recognize me in this disguise." She let out an evil cackle. 

"And now, I'll look for something to kill Baek Seol once and for all." She flip through every page until she found one. "Ah! This is perfect! A poison apple. 'One bite from a poison apple will put the victim into a sleeping death.......forever!!!' HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!"

 

Back in Korea, Baek Seol was leaving for the center on Monday morning, completely unaware of her stepmother finding out where she is. She left the house together with Kyuhyun. He also offered her to drive her there. "This must be the place," announced Kyuhyun as he stopped in front of a colourful building. "I'll go and look for a parking." Baek Seol step out of the car and look at the center. "Wow! This place is colourful."

"Baek Seol sshi!" Taeyeon called. Baek Seol smile and race to her for a hug. "I'm glad you found this place. How did you get here?" 

"Kyuhyun drove me here," said Baek Seol.

"Jinja?" Just then, Kyuhyun appeared by the entrance gate. "Oppa! You're here! I thought you're at work." 

"The boss gives us a one day off today. I can come and see Baek Seol tell a story to the children," Kyuhyun told Taeyeon.

"I see. Come in. The children are waiting for you." Taeyeon let the couple inside the center and into a room where the children are playing with their toys. "Alright, children. Put back the toys now. It's storytime."

The children cheered and put back the toys onto the shelves. "Today, we have a new friend with us. Meet Baek Seol. She's gonna tell us a story." 

"Hello, little ones. It's nice meeting you," greeted Baek Seol. Kyuhyun watched her from the back. "What story would you like to hear?"

"I want to hear a story of Cinderella!" said a little girl.

"No! I want you to tell us Jack in the Beanstalk!" said a little boy. All the children

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter