Bad Intuition

Between US

“Congratulations! You gonna be a mommy Mrs Yoon!”

 

You stared at the doctor’s face.

“Your blood test gave out a beautiful result. Congratulations again, Mrs Yoon!” she continued.

“You’re around 9 weeks pregnant now. The symptoms seems to hit you early though. But fret not, they gave us the indications that your pregnancy hormones are robust and all is going well.”

Her face was brighter than yours, definitely.

 

You couldn’t move. There’s only one thing in your mind right now.

One person.

Dujun.

 

“T-Thank you, doctor.” You stuttered and gave her a small smile.

“We’ll register you to our mother-to-be registry. My nurse will explain everything further. You’ll have to attend periodical health check-up for both mum and baby, until the baby is born.”

“I understand. Thank you, doctor.”

“My pleasure. You’ll get your prescriptions at the pharmacy’s counter. It’s for your morning sickness. It will make you feel better. Otherwise, if your nausea getting severe, please come and see me again, Mrs Yoon. We’ll monitor you closely. Don’t worry.”

You could hear her comforting tone. She must be thought you were afraid of your pregnancy news, from your indifferent and short responses. You weren’t afraid of being pregnant, but you afraid of……

Him.

Your husband.

Yoon Dujun.

 

How will he take this?

 

I had an awful experience breaking out your pregnancy news once.

 

“Please adhere to your check-up schedule, Mrs Yoon. It is very important. Take good care of your health. You have baby now. That’s all from me. I guess I see you again. Mrs Yoon.” she gave you her encouraging smile.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Freezing cold sensation creeping up your back bone jolted you out. Slowly regained your consciousness, you realized you’ve had fainted on the bathroom floor. You looked around.

You were alone. Alone.

You couldn’t recall when you passed out. From the tensed muscle and the pain you felt when you tried to move, you could tell you’ve been lying there for quite a while. Gathering all the energy that left, you pushed yourself up, escaping the frozen bathroom floor.

 

You threw yourself on the bed. Stared blankly to the ceiling, your tears fell. Your body ached all over, your severe headache couldn’t get any better. Dujun absence make it worse.

 

Why wasn’t you here, Dujun?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“He’s taking my bite, Ji Hyun-ah. Don’t worry too much, baby.” He kissed her tenderly.

Ji Hyun kissed him back, passionately. She nipped his upper lip, devouring him deliciously. He cupped her cheek and neck, deepening the kiss further. They enjoyed each other despite the exclusive environment of the restaurant they were now in. Luckily their table was a bit secluded from the rest.

“Ergh. Excuse me. I’m here, guys. Get yourself a room.” Chansung smirked in annoyance.

Lee Joon broke the kiss. Ji Hyun chuckled and smiled to him. She gave him a quick peck on his lips before getting back at her seat properly. She sipped her wine and brazenly pretending like nothing happen.

“Well, better get used to it, Chansung. I’m not holding back with this one.” He grinned proudly at her.

“Back to our business. How is she? Does she getting closer to you?” Ji Hyun asked Chansung.

“Yes. I know she is. I knew this one naïve girl too well.”

“You seems confident.” Ji Hyun smirked.

“I am confident.” He grinned back at her. Honestly, he’s irritated by Ji Hyun arrogant attitude.

“She’s never gonna falling back to you. I knew by the way that son of a warned me that day. They loved each other now. You’ll never get her back.”

“Excuse me, Ji Hyun-sshi. Who said I want to get her back?”

Ji Hyun looked confused. Her puzzled gaze changed towards Lee Joon. He laughed at her.

“Now, now, baby. You missed something important here. Nobody’s want to get anybody’s back. That’s just not the concept of this whole thing. Am I right?”

Ji Hyun not responding.

“Baby, you won’t go back to him, right?” his tone sounded serious. He stared at her. She shuddered.

“Of course not, oppa. What are you talking about? Please. Going back to that jerk?!” she raised her eyebrow, giving him her disgusting look.

“Good. Now, you said they loved each other’s now. Nothing hurt you the most if not from your lover right? Right, baby?”

Ji Hyun nodded.

“So, in order to crush him the hardest, is by using……” he gave her the thinking look.

“His wife, that .”

“Right! Totally right! Who knew you have brain?” he laughed at her. Ji Hyun hit his arms, feeling embarrassed.

“Hence, that’s where Chansung came along. Get it?”

“Okay. I get it.” She nodded.

“Both of your target is the same person. Then both of your tool should be the same person. What’s different between both of you is just the method. That’s all.” He drank his wine.

“At last, I got the chance to kill two birds with one stone.” Chansung clenched his fist. Lee Joon and Ji Hyun turned their attention to him.“Her father fired me after I’m working my out for him. I’ll be satisfied enough to get her to pay the price. That family disgust me to my nerves.”

“Good!! I need that, Chansung. It’ll makes things easier for us.”

“How do you plan to use her?” Ji Hyun asked Chansung. She wrapped her arms across her chest.

“We’ve started already, baby. You met him and that the other day. You turned her into your punching bag, ani, your slapping bag I should say. Remember?” he chuckled.

“I remember, oppa.The best day of my life.” She smiled proudly.

“We’ll go on with this plan for another week. As long as she came to work, we’ll continue with all the acting. I’ll took all the proof, don’t worry.”

“But I think your plan was too slow, oppa. I didn’t see any obvious result.” She pulled her long face. Lee Joon smiled leisurely. “We have to feed the monster first, baby. Slowly, deeply. No obvious result? You didn’t know that bastard sleep at the dorm now?” He smirked. Ji Hyun looked at him.

“Jinjja, oppa?”

“For real.”

“Wow. I believe you now, oppa.”

“See? Slowly baby. How many times must I told you to patient?”

“Arasso….” Ji Hyun admitted her defeat.

“Oppa, they’ll go to Japan next month. For about two weeks if I’m not mistaken. Should we do something with her here?”

“Hmm….” Lee Joon mind starts plotting another plan. He shouldn’t miss such a golden opportunity.

“You want to hit her again?” Lee Joon asked her.

“Should I?” she smiled.

“No, you shouldn’t. You were lucky that day I came before she could do anything to you.” Chansung intervened.

“What do you mean?” Ji Hyun needed more clarification.

“She’s one tough girl. You shouldn’t looked down on what she could do. Believe me.” He sneered. “Don’t gamble with her. She’ll put a good scar on your pretty face.” Chansung added. Ji Hyun was taken aback. Her flawless features was her most precious possession, her source of income and popularity. She never dare to ruin it for nothing. She gulped at Chansung’s word.

 

After they fell quiet for some time, Ji Hyun smiled. She clicked her fingers and leaned forward to Chansung, whispered to him.

 

Ji Hyun suggestion made Chansung plastered a broad smile on his face.

 

“We have same thinking after all.”

 

-------------

 

The three of them left the restaurant after having their luxurious dinner. Their next destination was the nearby famous night club. Little that they know someone heard their conversation.

 

Hyunseung sat close to the wall. He had a gathering with his friends. He came a bit late and took the farthest seat, closer to the secluded corner.

 

“Of course not, oppa. What are you talking about? Please. Going back to that jerk?!”

 

Jun Ji Hyun??

 

“So, in order to crush him the hardest, is by using……”

“His wife, that .”

 

Definitely her. He knew well enough how Ji Hyun’s voice sounds like.

She’s with her boyfriend, I guess. But something sounds weird. What are they talking about?

His curiosity instinct kicked deeper.

Hyunseung turned around but his motion was quick. He pretend to stretch his body. He saw Ji Hyun sat back-facing him. From his short glanced, because he doesn’t want to make it obvious, he saw a man sat facing his table. He doesn’t recognize him. Then he saw the same guy he saw some times ago with Ji Hyun.

Hyunseung talked to his friends once in a while. Yet his ears keep eavesdropping to Ji Hyun conversation. He felt something not right with Ji Hyun and her company conversation. Well, he may still remained in good relationship with Ji Hyun, but by being Dujun’s girlfriend for quiet a long time, he knew Ji Hyun could be like an evil witch. She could be so mean beyond words. To Dujun’s friends and her friends alike. Hyunseung doubt she had many girl-friends anyway. She surrounded herself with men most of the time. Changing partner every fortnight. Dujun was the longest, in his knowledge.

 

“We have to feed the monster first, baby. Slowly, deeply.”

 

Monster?

 

“You didn’t know that bastard sleep at the dorm now?”

 

Hyunseung chocked on his meal. He grabbed his glass and sipped his drink.

Bastard? Dorm? Okay…definitely something is not right.

 

“She’s one tough girl.”

 

______________-ah.

Omo! _________-ah? Oh my god!

You name flashed in Hyunseung’s mind with the words ‘tough girl’.

What’s all this about? ‘Crush him’? ‘His wife’? ‘Dorm’? ‘Tough girl’?

 

When Ji Hyun and the other two men left their table, Hyunseung lowered his head. Luckily he sat the furthest from the main walkway. Clearly he saw Ji Hyun’s face and that guy from before. The other one was new to him.

 

His heart never been at rest from that night. Going back to the dorm, he couldn’t spill the words to anyone. He’s confused, and still trying to connect the pieces of their conversation together. His gut feeling telling him they talked about Dujun and you, and could feel the negative nature of their words and tones, but he shoved his bad assumptions away.

 

Live your life happily together, Dujun-ah, _______-ah.

Hyunseung silently pray inside.

 

 

******

 

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Annyeong haseyo! Yongun oppa, it’s me, __________-sshi.”

“Owh, annyeong haseyo __________-sshi! Why you suddenly calling me? Is there anything I can help?”

“There is something, oppa. I couldn’t reach my husband by phone. He must be busy. I guess I could call you instead. I just want to ask, if they have any schedule outside today?”

“Owh, Dujun not picking up your call? They should be in the recording studio right now. He must be unaware of his phone. No, we didn’t have any schedule outside today. They’ll spend entire day at Cube. Waeyo _________-shhi?”

“That’s great! I just want to surprise them with my home-packed lunch, Yongun oppa. That’s all. Hehee…”

“Wah!! Dujun was so lucky! Make sure you prepared some for me too, _________-sshi!”

“I will, Yongun oppa! Don’t worry. I have to treat you well, so that you will take care of my husband better at Cube, no?”

“Aha! You were so right, _________-sshi. I’ll wait for your bento here!”

“Haha! I’ll see you there, Yongun oppa!”

 

-------------------

 

After more than a week of not seeing him, you couldn’t wait to reach Cube building. Your husband slept at their dorm and rejected all your calls, ignoring all your messages. Desperate to hear his voice, you even called Junhyung and Hyunseung and asked them to pass the phone to Dujun, but to no avail. He shut you out without you knowing why. Junhyung assured you to give him some time to cool down. So you restrained yourself from sleeping in front of their dorm or in front of Cube.

 

‘There must be something I did wrong. What is it, oppa? I totally have no idea what made you so angry with me, oppa. Couldn’t you tell me straight? You confused me, oppa. Please… Come back home. I miss you…’

 

Yet your nth messages left with no reply from him.

You miss him so much you couldn’t contained them in your heart anymore. You’d rather being yelled and received all of his anger in exchanged to just see his face again, smell his scent again, and hold his hands again. It’s too lonely at home. Every night you slept in tears, hugging his shirt. Every once in a while you woke up to the nauseating sensation and cried alone in the bathroom. Dujun not there to comfort you. You wanted to tell him the news, tell him that you’re suffering right now, tell him that you need him, but it doesn’t seems right if you do it via text message. You have to see him in person. To set things straight and convey the happy news to him. That’s what you should do, what you have to do.

 

You entered Cube with so much excitement. Finally it’s your day off. You have to see Dujun today.

 

We’re going to meet your daddy today, baby. Are you excited? Mommy does. Mommy misses him so much you know…”