You're mine, I'm yours

Between US

“Can you stay here with me tonight?”

 

“Sure…”

 

He gave his warm smile.

 

The sun replacing the moon with his fingers and yours entangled together.

 

******

 

Coming back to your workplace after a few days, your colleagues greeted you warmly. Apologising for your sick leaves, you work harder than usual.

“I’m sorry, unnie. I’m so sorry I leave all the hard work to you. Mianhe, unnie.” You’re working on your aegyo-puppy face towards your manager.

“Haish, this girl. Sure, I had pretty busy days here with you not around. I have to do all the hard work.  What? Trying to be the peace keeper? Dreaming to be like Batman perhaps? Aigoo… You could be seriously injured, you know! You shouldn’t do that again next time, __________-ie. You should call the police. Let them do their work properly. I paid my taxes every year! Let them kick some jerk’s . Not you.”

“Okay, okay. Alright, alright. Arasso, unnie. I won’t let it happen again. I promise, unnie. Stop nagging like my Mom...” you chuckled at her.

“Yah! Who said I’m nagging? You should get your priorities right, girl. You safety before anyone else. What happen if those scary students beat you without mercy? You think you can walk away with just a sprained leg? You--”

“I know, I know, unnie. Haha! Unnie, you’re much much scarier than those delinquents.” You laugh out loud and showed her your tongue before you hide in the kitchen.

“Yah! You!”

“Hahahaha!”

 

-------

 

“_________-ie. It’s time for you to take over here~!” Yeo Jin called you from the counter.

“Alright, Yeo Jin unnie. I’m coming~!””

“_________-ie, when you’re on your sick leaves, that guy kept coming and asking for you. Do you know him? Or do you have anything to do with him?”

“A guy? Who?”

“The one who keep pestering you for your number. The tall and handsome one, with small eyes. Yah, if he is not your type, pass him to me, will ya?”

“Haa, unnie! Good idea! Don’t worry unnie. I’ll help you.”

“Yes! You’re my favourite dongsaeng definitely. Now, entertain our customer kindly. I ended my shift anyway. Are you staying until closing time?”

“Yes, I am. Only for today. I felt bad for Manager unnie. I’m helping her out.”

“Be careful, then. Your ankle just healed. Don’t work yourself too much. Anyway, I’m going to shop for a new clutch today. Hooray~!”

“Unnie, buy one for me too~!”

“You wish!” Yeo Jin skipping away happily leaving you managing the front counter. As soon as you took over, he came. The guy who kept asking for your number.

“Welcome. May I take your order, Sir?”

“You’re back! I heard you’re sick. Are you alright now? Are you really okay? What happen to you?” his voiced full with worries.

“Err…” looking there’s no other customer behind him, you replied his questions. “I’m alright now, Sir. Something happen, but I’m really okay now. Now, what would you like to have, Sir?”

He shook his head in relief from your answer.

“Give me one caramel macchiato and one white choco latte. The desert as per usual.”

“Desert as per usual, Sir?” you looked at him in confused.

“Your number.” He gave you his appealing smile. You shook your head and proceed to prepare his orders. You came back to the counter with his two drinks. “Here you go, Sir. One caramel macchiato and one white choco latte. Total would be sixteen dollar.”

“I didn’t get my last order yet.”

“We did not offer that on the menu, Sir” you reluctantly gave him your smile.

“But I’ve been waiting for you for so long now…” he tried to win you with his sulking face.

“Sir, how about I give you my friend’s number? I bet she’ll be happy to contact you later.”

“No! I want yours!” he sneered at you, making you jolted slightly. His stern voice attracted your supervisor’s attention, and another co-worker behind the counter top.

“Is there any problem here, Sir?”

You looked at the customer waiting behind him, where the voice came from. It’s Yoseob with Hyunseung. Feeling a bit embarrassed from his action, he apologised to you and took his leave. “Are you okay, __________-ah? Do you know him? Why is he asking for your number?” Yoseob asked.

“I’m alright. So you’ve heard our conversation… He just a regular customer here, oppa. I don’t even know him. Just forget about him, okay? So what bring you here, oppa? Don’t you have schedule today?”

“I’m on my coffee run with Hyunseung. Dujun wanted some coffee too, but specifically stated we must buy it here. I don’t know why he must get a coffee from your café. There’s a lot of other café nearer to our studio. In fact, we have our own café. I’m wondering why he’s been so weird lately…” he then smirked at you meaningfully. Hyunseung nodded his head and continued, “Yes. He’s being too weird lately. Jumping and skipping all day. Always smiling. I wonder why…” he rubbed his chin and glanced at you.

You can’t help but blushing. He’s been so kind lately indeed. Especially to you. Your relationship with him getting better even though you only spent time with him at home after his schedules. He lways be there for you. Not as friends. He treated you as more than friends. You don’t know what it is but you felt it definitely.

“But Hyunseung-ah, I think I already know why he’s being like that. It is not ‘why’ but rather ‘who’ makes him being weird lately,” he and Hyunseung smiled at you.

“Aish, oppa. Can I take your order now?” you can feel your face burning and red.

 

 

------------

 

 

“_________-ah….”

The air seems to not find its way into your lung. You felt like the dark sky fell over you. It’s heavy, stuffy. The long-forgotten pain rushing up again in your veins. You choked and clasped your chest tight. Closing your eyes shut, you stood frozen.

That voice. His voice. Him.

“_________-ah… How are you, ________-ah?” That man figure slowly approaching you and finally stood before you. With your eyes still shut, you could feel his breath near you in the cold night. Slowly opening your eyes, you saw him clearly in front of you.

Piercing your gaze to his face, you kept silent.

“________-ah… It’s me--”

“I know who you are, .”

“________-ah, you’re still the same.” He murmured.

“No, I’m not.”

“________-ah… Don’t be like this, baby. I miss you…” he tried to grab your hand but you shrug it off angrily. “Don’t touch me!”

“Baby…”

“Shut-up! How dare you come and see me? And tell me that you miss me?!!” Anger consumed you to the level that your tears fell. You clenched your fist tight. “You – useless !!” you sneered at him.

“I know, I’m an . But ______-ah, please… I regret myself every second after I lost you. It is my biggest mistake. My life become miserable. I lost my job, I lost you… I need you, ________-ah…” he shamelessly pleaded for your sympathy.

He reached and grabbed your wrists tight, holding them firmly into his hands. “Please, come back to me, baby…”

“How can you be so mean, Chansung? Telling me how miserable you are after you left me. How about me, then? Do you know what have I been through? Do you know how miserable my life has been?” This time you can’t hold your sob. “Our baby…did you even think about him? I’ve lost my child, because of you! Because of your selfishness! You jerk!”

“_________-ah… I know you still love me. Deep down inside, you still have feelings for me. Let’s start over, ________-ah.”

His face looked confused when you let out a big chuckle.

“Now you’ve make another big mistake, Chansung. I still have feelings for you? What a joke!” you smirked at him. “My heart is all my husband’s now.” You stared deep into his eyes.

“W-What did you say? HUSBAND?!” taken aback by your words, he waited for your answer.

“You mean to say to me, that you’re…married?”

“YES, I’M MARRIED, CHANSUNG!”

“How can you be married? Who is he?!” his rage taking over.

“Why can’t I? Why can’t I be married to a guy who’s much more responsible than you?! Let go of me!” You struggled to lose your wrists from his grip, but to no avail. He tighten his hold on you. “Let me go, Chansung! Aw! You’re hurting me!!”

A punch out of nowhere hit him in the face before you could think a way to free yourself from him.

“She said…let her go!” Dujun roared at Chansung.

Chansung’s grip on your wrists loosen and he fell to the ground.

“Argh! My face!” Chansung cupped his face in pain.

“Leave if you don’t wish for another one, bastard!” If only fire can actually came out from his eyes, it would. Dujun’s fierce stare telling Chansung he should not stay here any longer, unless he’s looking for further damage.

“Who are you??”

“There’s no need for answer. Go!” Dujun raised his arm again, threating for another blow. Chansung stumbled upon trying to get up on his feet.

I’ll be back. He smirked at both of you then walked away. 

 

“Let’s go, ________-ah.” He hold firmly your hand and led your way home.

Surprised by his presence, you couldn’t say anything. He kept silent too. Finally arrived at your apartment, you fell to your knees once you got inside. Chansung showed up in front of you in all of the sudden makes all the horrible memories floats again. You remembered how broken you are during that time he left you alone. You remembered how excruciating the pain your heart feels when you abort your baby. It makes your body shivered. Why he has to appear again now? When you had buried all the dark memoirs in the deepest part in your heart, where you can’t find it ever again. When you finally begin to have a happy relationship with Dujun. Why he has to come and tore open the wound again, shaking your heart again? It is a lie if you said you wouldn’t feel a thing about him. He was your first love. The purest love you’ve ever feel. The one who you’ve given everything – even your ity. Too bad it turns out to be your darkest nightmare, too.  

Dujun stood still at your side. He gritted his teeth when he heard your soft sob. He came all the way to your café to pick you up after your shift ends. Following you from behind in secret, he waited for the right time to surprise you. He already planned to take you for some late night snacks. It would be good to spend time together outside, walking hand in hand, after a very tiring day. Like every other couple whose madly in love. Your presence makes so much difference in his life now. He can relax yet enjoyed himself around you, and you around him. Then he saw someone approached you at the park. He heard all of your conversation with Chansung. So this is him. Another bastard in our lives. Until he saw you struggling in his grip. That’s when he lost himself.

 

“_________-ah…”

Kneeling in front of you, he cupped your tear-smeared face. Still wincing with your sob, he swept away your tears with his thumbs. He pressed his lips onto yours tenderly. You could instantly felt his ultimate sincerity. Wrapping your hands around his neck, you returned and deepening the kiss. 

 

Hold on to me now, ________.

You have all of me now, Yoon Dujun.

 

When he slides his hands towards your neck and caressed your hair, you both lost in the growing intensity of the kiss. His kiss affectionately exhilarating to you. Desperate to gain back your breath, you broke the kiss with your hands pushing him softly on his pounding chest. Resting your forehead against each other, you both tried to breathe steadily.

“Dujun… Dujun-sshi…” you mumbled.

“Dujun-ah.” His breath heavy.

“Dujun-ah…”

His lips captured yours again. Bursting with passion. Aware with lust that begins to take over, Dujun carried you into his bedroom. Giving in to his warm touch and kisses, both of you bask yourselves in each other’s embrace. Your tongue fight with each other. His sweat, his body and his heavy, warm breath makes you lost your sanity. Your gentle touch caressing his hair, and your soft whimper calling out his name makes him crazy. The burning desire to have more of each other arose at every ride, every , and every graze.

 

I love you, __________.You’re mine.

 

 

---------------

 

 

[Back at the park]

 

“Here’s you pay for tonight. So, do you want to go on with my plan?”

When this strange man met him and offered some huge amount of money to carried out his revenge plan, he hesitant at first. Chansung did not want to waste his time, especially when it is related to you. You’re nothing to him. Then this man convinced him to help him for just one night. He pays to.

Chansung brushed his bruised nose. That guy really got something in his fist. She’s married now. Wait. Is that man her husband? Dammit.

“Of course. It became personal now. Puii.” He spit out his annoyance.

“What about her husband?”

“That’s my concern. Not yours. Just make sure to show up whenever I call you.”

 

 

******

 

 

“Oppa, are you sure this plan gonna work?”

“I am. Why? You don’t want to do this anymore?”

“Of course not. I want him to suffer, just like what he did to me.”

“Oh my dear… Are you suffering with me now?” He leaned forward and kissed her.

She return his kiss lovingly.

“Of course I'm not, oppa. I am happy with you now. But I can’t just let him go like that. After humiliating me at the clinic, and marrying that pathetic girl over me?? I want him to pay for it!” anger roaming in her voice.

“I know, baby. I know. I hate him too, for making you suffer like that. I’m here for you, baby. I’ll do anything for you. Just be patient a bit, okay?” Caressing her face softly, he is determined and willing to do anything to make her happy.

If it’s not because of you, I already become a father. She aborted my baby, because of you, FOR you. Yet you treat her like this.

You’ll pay for it, Yoon Dujun.

 

“Ji Hyun-sshi?”

“Oh! Hyunseung-sshi! Haven’t seen you for a while. What are you doing here? How are you?”

“Oh, I’m fine, thank you. I’m getting some coffee on my way to Cube. How are you, Ji Hyun-sshi?”

“I’m fine too, Hyunseung-sshi.”

“Wah, you became more beautiful since the last time I saw you.”

“Haha! Thank you, Hyunseung-sshi. I wonder if I became more beautiful since your friend left me.” Winking at him, she left Hyunseung flustered at her words.

“Err… You are. You are always beautiful to me, Ji Hyun-sshi…”

His gaze changed towards the guy Ji hyun sat with. She just smiled and said nothing. That guy busy himself with his phone, never showed any interest to said hello.

Ah, maybe he is her new boyfriend. Wait. His face seems familiar. Hmm…

“I better get going. There’s more schedules today. Good bye, Ji Hyun-sshi.”

“Alright then. Good bye Hyunseung-sshi. Take care.”

“You take care, too. Bye.”

 

--------

 

“His group member?”

“Ne, oppa. Hyunseung is the only one I can keep a good relationship with, after the breakup. He respect other’s decision and opinion. That’s why I can still talk to him. Not like the other members. They looked at me like I’m an evil witch or something. Pfft!” she’s so annoyed with their attitude. Especially Junhyung. He never smiled at her and always treated her with hatred. She can never understand that guy.

 

“Wait until I crush your friend again, Junhyung…”