The Thing About Love I

Between US

 

“We have to move. Now.”

Lee Joon glanced at your clueless, bruised face. “Come on, baby. Tie her up.” He threw a zip tie on the bed. “No need to tie her feet. She can never ran far with those balloon.”

Ji Hyun walked towards you. She took the zip tie.

“Dinner’s over.”

“Where are we going?”

Ji Hyun zip-tied your hands behind your back. You’re twitching in pain when the hard plastic material fastening around your injured wrists.

“Where are we going? Where are you taking me? Ji Hyun, please.” You starts crying. Enough with all the hell that you’ve been living in this room for days. Taking you to another location can only mean that this torture will continue. You looked at her full with plead and hope for sympathy.

“Shut up!” She shouted. “Make a noise and I let Chansung take you instead.” She warned.

“No. No! Don’t let Chansung take me.” Not after that night Chansung you senseless.

“So listen to me!”

“Please Ji Hyun. Don’t do this please--”

She shut you up with a tape at your mouth. She blinded you with a piece of cloth covering around your eyes. She then covered you with an oversized hoodie, covering your whole head.

“Mpphh!” you muffled.

“Stop struggling!” she hissed. She forced you to stand up and pulled you by your arm to walk following her despite your crippling steps.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Flashback: A day before -

 

Ji Hyun ordered her usual caffeine treat and looked for a corner table inside her favorite coffee house. It was mid-day and only two other customers was inside enjoying their coffee. Ji Hyun was waiting for Lee Joon. Wearing a nerdy pair of spectacles and casual wear without any make up on, anyone will think she was just an ordinary, laid-back girl. Nothing fancy, nothing glamorous. She rarely coming out like this but today was an exception. She wanted to blend in on purpose.

Lee Joon approached her. He got his own cup of coffee. He sat in front of her, both of them wearing the same facial expression.

“What are we gonna do now, oppa? I—I don’t want to continue this anymore…”

“I know.”He sipped his coffee.

“You…know?”

“I can read you like a book, baby.” He said.

“Oppa…”

“Listen. I’ve been thinking. Maybe we could just disappear. We are his only witness in all this; which I admit was a very ridiculous and stupid plan of mine; and so does he to us. If we leave, we can’t bring any harm to him, nor him to us. It’s a win-win situation. We fly oversea. Kyoto, or LA maybe. I have friends there. We lay low until things get better.”

“What about Dujun’s wife?”

“The plan are getting out of hands the moment Chansung took the girl. I didn’t plan it. He’s a maniac. I don’t know what’s gotten into him anymore. She is not our responsibility. Let Chansung alone deal with her.”

“But Joon-ah--”

“Wae?”

“Hmm. Nothing.”

“You worried about her?” Lee Joon asked.

Ji Hyun ran her gaze away from him. Lee Joon smirked and shook his head, like he’s getting what her ‘nothing’ mean. She circled the brim of her coffee cup to divert his attention.

“Still, I got this feeling that Chansung will not let us go that easy, oppa. Like you said, he’s a maniac. Only hell know what else can he do, to us particularly? Keeping up with his plan is a better option rather than being oblivious of what he’s going to do next. I’m afraid, oppa.”

Ji Hyun thinking was right. Lee Joon admit the scary fact himself. He caressed her hand softly on the table.

“Let’s just leave Korea, baby. Let’s just disappear, hmm? We take the flight to Kyoto, or LA maybe. I have friends there. We fly out and lay low until things get better. This is our best choice. Nothing left for us here anyway.”

“Are you not listening to me? He will not leave us alone, oppa!” Ji Hyun protested.

He ignored Ji Hyun and stood up to leave. She sighed in disbelieve. Men’s ego. She hates it.

Lee Joon turned back and locked his eyes to her. Ji Hyun look back to him.

“Let me ask you something, baby. I need your honest answer. Pick one. A: You truly worried about us; B: You honestly worried about her; or C: You dead worried about what will happen to Dujun WITHOUT her?”

Ji Hyun stared at him, answer-less.

Lee Joon sighed. He looked away and a drop of crystal clear water fell from his eye. 

 

 

Lee Joon startled when someone harshly grabbed his arms a when he was maneuvering between the tables to get out of the café. Chansung stood up and faced him direct.

“You should listen to your lady love there, Joon-ah. She’s right.” Chansung grinned.

He glanced over Lee Joon’s shoulder to look at Ji Hyun. She already stood in surprised of Chansung’s existence.

“Shall we discuss the term of withdrawal together, hmm?” He smiled with his eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

How many minutes had passed? With your head spinning from the turns and brakes the vehicle took, plus the narrow space they put you in, you lost track of time. It seemed like more than an hour already. Considerably more. Within than period of time they could take you to the outskirts of Seoul already, or maybe stays within the city. Physically, it hurt more than you could bear; the headache and pain all over your entire body, but emotionally you’re hundred percent alert. Where are they taking me? You keep asking yourself the same question. You pick up the traffic sounds here and there. You heard tire screeching. One time you heard the police siren and hummed your heart out, only to feel strong force stamping on your injured ankle, followed by exploding pain at the point of contact.

You felt Ji Hyun’s soft hands grabbing you out of the vehicle. It was really cold and nothing smells like a city. The damp air filled your lungs. The crickets are singing aloud to the world, certainly they’re in a better condition than you are in right now. She dragged you into some sort of building because you felt warmer. She forced you to seat on the floor against a wall, peeled the tape from your mouth and gave a clear warning not to move anywhere. Oh please Ji Hyun. Where can I possibly go with my eyes blinded like a bat?

“Where are we, Ji Hyun?”

“Someplace quiet.”

“What are we doing here?”

She grabbed your chin, facing you to her.

“I, am waiting to get the hell away from here, from all this, while you, are waiting for your next fate with him, my dear.”

“Him? Chansung? Oh God. Please no, Ji Hyun. Don’t leave me with him.”

You were frantically whining and sobbing in front of your nemesis.

“No, Ji Hyun. Don’t leave me with him. I’m begging you.” You said.

Silence, but you never heard her footsteps. She was still there.

“Ji Hyun. Please.” You plead again.

Ji Hyun stared at you. A moment later you felt her soft hand slipping something in your palm. Something sharp.

 

------

 

“What took you so long?” Lee Joon asked.

“I have to collect my package first. Where is she?” Chansung replied.

“Inside, at the corner.” Lee Joon replied.

“What about my money?” Chansung asked.

Lee Joon threw a thick, square envelope to him. Chansung checked the content and smile.

“Are we done here?”

“Not so fast, darling.” Chansung chuckled. Lee Joon’s expression tuned sour.

“How about we watch some ‘drama’ first?” Chansung smirked.

“Look, the deal is that I bring her here, I give you the money, and Ji Hyun and I are free to go!”

“You go now and I turn myself in. I’ll give all the evidence to the police, and we all sleep behind bars tonight. I’ve got nothing to lose, Joon. Remember? ” Chansung smirked wickedly at him.

“Are you threatening me?”

“All I ask is for you, and her, to stay for a while. It doesn’t matter if you leave now or in another hour, doesn’t it? Of course, the latter will help you disappear effectively into thin air because you’ll got my full cooperation, and keep this buried forever. What do you say?”

Lee Joon was busy connecting his neuron for analyzing and calculating. He doesn’t trust Chansung, to be honest. He wanted to get out of the plan and disappear with Ji Hyun, as fast as they can.

“Come on, Joon. Wait for a while. I need you to help bring my package inside.” Chansung said.

“Package? What package?” Lee Joon asked.

Chansung went over to the car’s trunk and Lee Joon followed him. He opened the trunk. With the help of moonlight from the full moon Lee Joon saw a body with hands and feet tied in the trunk. Looks like a body of a man, with head covered with a piece of black cloth.

“Is he--” Lee Joon muttered.

“He’s not dead. Just unconscious.” Chansung said.

“What are you gonna do with him?”

“Just bring him inside when I said so.”

 

------

 

Someone loosen your eye covering. You blinked several times to clear your vision. Murky lights coming from an old yellow bulb above your head illumine a limited circular region around. Ji Hyun was standing in front of you, walking back and forth anxiously. A minute later Chansung came in and he another light nearer to the wooden door. Lee Joon followed him behind. It seemed like they are in some sort of abandoned shed. Rustic chairs and broken wooden furniture covered in thick dust can be seen all over the place.

“You guys feeding the chicken outside?” Ji Hyun grunted. Waiting is not her forte.

“Relax, witch. Chill. It’s cold tonight.” Chansung snubbed her.

Oppa, let’s go. We’re done here.” Ji Hyun grabbed Lee Joon’s hands when he was closer.

“We’ll stay for a moment, baby.” He hugged Ji Hyun lovingly and whispered at her, but his voice shaken.

“What do you mean? Let’s get out of here, oppa.” Ji Hyun said.

“We’ll stay for a while, baby. It’ll be over soon.”

“Hey, lovebirds. Get a room.”

 

Chansung tried to grab your arms but you pushed his hands away with your body.

“Don’t touch me!”

“Fine! You stubborn !”

He gripped your hair into his fist harshly and dragged you onto a chair.

“Argh! It hurt!”

“You asked for it.”

“What exactly do you want from me, huh? You kidnapped me. You me. You’ve tortured me enough!”

“THIS IS NOT ENOUGH!”

He cupped your chin with his palm, forcing you to look up at him.

“You’re not getting me back, Chansung. Even if you treat me like a princess, I wouldn’t come back to you. Not ever!”

“Tsk, tsk. Such a pitiful girl.” He laughed.

You were puzzled.

“Then why--” you look at Ji Hyun. Lee Joon and she has been the quietest audience ever for the past 5 minutes.

“Don’t tell me you keep me because you want to hurt-- Dujun? To make him suffer because I was not round. Because of what, Chansung? Because of one lousy punch he’d given you? Don’t be ridiculous!”

“Maybe I am being ridiculous.”

“If you think you will win, think again. He’s not weak! You’re so pathetic, Chansung. Did you know that?! You ing bastard!!” You yourself couldn’t believe you just spit the whole thing to Chansung. Your fear had turned into anger. You’re too tired to play this game anymore.

He consequently slapped you hard.

“You think you’re so smart, eh? We’ll see who’ll win.” He smirked.

Chansung gave a hand signal to Lee Joon. Lee Joon then left the barn, returning moments later with something heavy. Not something, you saw. Someone.

“Dujun!” Your scream synchronized with Ji Hyun’s. Even his face covered, you could tell those well-shaped body belongs to Dujun. Ji Hyun must be getting the same feeling too.

Dujun was unconscious; seeing from his body gesture, unmoving and crouched down when Lee Joon sat him up on another chair, a few feet away from where you were seated. Chansung throw a long strand of rope to him from his pocket.

“Tie him up properly, to the chair.” Chansung said.

Lee Joon obeyed his instruction and began to tie Dujun tightly together with the chair, both his hands and feet.

Oppa, why is he here? What have you done to him??” Ji Hyun muttered. The question was directed to Lee Joon, but he wasn’t answering. You were stunned and let Ji Hyun do all the talking. In this situation, in this very jiffy moment, you could feel you’re in the same page as Ji Hyun.

Oppa!” she cried angrily.

“I don’t know! It’s not me! Ask him! He brought him here!” Lee Joon pointed at Chansung.

“Hey jerk! Why you take him here?!”

 

Dujun not supposed to be here. He cannot be brought into this.

 

“That is not your business. Now, you both can leave.”

“No! I’d warned you already. You can’t touch him nor do I to touch her.”

Ji Hyun pointed his index finger at you.

“I didn’t do anything to her, so why the hell are you messing with him?!!” Ji Hyun was mad. Really mad.

“Shut up and leave already!” Chansung sneered back at her.

“No! Let him go!” Ji Hyun was standing straight in front of Chansung. If their gaze could emit some sort of flash or fire surely you will witness the collision of two creepiest ambiance from their eyes, just like the flashing aura radiated from magic wands when Harry Potter fight with Voldemort.

 

Only heaven knows what he will do to him. I can’t leave him here. It’s too dangerous.

 

“Our deal was over, . Leave before I changed my mind. It won’t be pretty.”

“Come on, Ji Hyun-ah. Let’s get out of here.” Lee Joon already pulling her hands to take her way but Ji Hyun won’t budge.

“No! I won’t leave Dujun here with him.” She protested.

“You can do anything you want with that , but not Dujun!” she shrieked. By ‘’ she means you.

“Ji Hyun-ah!” Lee Joon cried.

“No, oppa. I am not leaving until he let him go!”

Jebal! Pull yourself together! We have to leave now!” Lee Joon shook her shoulder but Ji Hyun still staring straight to Chansung.

Dujun making some noise. He was gaining back his consciousness. He groaned and coughed but it sounds weird. All eyes were on him.

Ji Hyun walked over to and removed the cloth that was covering his head. Dujun looked worse for wear; the side of his head bloodied, face bruised and swollen. His head bursting with pain. He adjusted his vision after several seconds and looked around.

He saw you.

“Mmmpphh!!”

He wanted to call you but his words stuck in his throat because his mouth was taped. He tried to move but couldn’t. Then he realized he’s been tied.

His pupil dilated when he saw Ji Hyun’s face. Then he looked back at you, before he noticed Chansung and Lee Joon. He looked back at Ji Hyun. He whirred to her. Ji Hyun peeled the tape and starts to untie him.

-- “__________-ah!” Dujun screamed at you.

-- “Oppa!!” You want to run to him.

-- “What are you doing Ji Hyun?!” Lee Joon yelled.

It all happen in the same time.

 

Gunshot resounds in the damped air before Lee Joon could stop Ji Hyun from what she was doing. He froze. You screamed.  Ji Hyun jolted from her stand. Dujun closed his eyes.

 

“_________! Move and I won’t miss my aim this time.” Chansung sneered at you. He then turned to Ji Hyun. ”! You go away from him or I’ll burst his brain right in front of you!”

The gun barrel was aimed directly towards Dujun’s head.

“Move!” Chansung jerked at her.

Ji Hyun couldn’t blink her eyes. He looked at Chansung and then changed her gaze to Dujun. Dujun looked to her, both surprised and puzzled. Lee Joon quickly pulled Ji Hyun away from Dujun.

“Let’s go Jun Ji Hyun!”

Ji Hyun brushed her hand free from Lee Joon. She stormed towards Chansung.

“You bastard!!”

 

She tried to take the gun away from Chansung.

 

Chansung fired.

 

 

I hope you know why I did what I did.

I LOVE YOU, JI HYUN. I’ll do everything for you, everything that you want me to. When you’re hurt, I feel the pain too. I know I was a jerk. I told Dujun you’re carrying my child when you’ve made up your mind to abort it; for his sake. I sent the clinic’s address to Dujun, purposely to let him find you.

Do you know how I feel back then, Ji Hyun? I was angry. I hate you more than him. The baby was mine, yet I don’t I have any say in it? I hate you more than my chest can contain, Ji Hyun. Sadly, I can’t stop you to do anything that you want.

You’re my kryptonite.

When Dujun left you, I laughed at your face. My plan worked. Serve you right; are the exact words that I wish I could spit at you. Me being me, I took you back. I took you back because I know you can’t make it by yourself. You’ll get hurt more alone. Sure, you can easily find any cheap, bloodsucking man for your one night stand or to accompany you at the bar stand but I just can’t allowed it. Better be me. Just like that I become your babo. I give you my shoulder to cry on, my ears to listen to all your rant and rave, and my body to feed your needs.

I set up this plan for you. Your egoistic level can’t get any better than mine. You want to hurt Dujun because he left you. He hurt you. Like I said, I’ll do anything for you. I am the mastermind and also a puppet in this game. I’m willing to help you get the revenge you want.

Does it hurt seeing him happy with his wife, Ji Hyun? Then what about me? Do you feel the pain that I felt watching you happily in love with him back when you both still together? I’m filling his slot when he was away on tour or too busy with his promotion, but no extra points for me. I’m hurting, Ji Hyun. Didn’t you have the slightest idea of me in pain? Clearly you not. Yet I still stick around. I sweep my own tears. I coaxed my own heart. My pain disappear when I see you happy.

I become afraid to be apart from you. I confessed my true feeling but you thought I was bluffing. I was damn serious, Ji Hyun. You don’t want our relationship to become awkward or demanding so I let it go. I let it go because I’m afraid you’ll hate me. I’m afraid I’ll never be able to see you again. I’m willing to be your ordinary oppa, if that what will keep me forever by your side. 

I tried hard to be the one that you could finally choose. I already gave you my heart, my soul and my life; despite the definite fact that I will never have yours. I am an idiot. An idiot for you. For only you.

If only you could give me a chance…like when you give it to Dujun.

 

What had this plan gotten us, Ji Hyun? It’s a mess. I have only myself to put the blame on. Even when we are in this dire situation, you’re still thinking about him. Even when I’m struggling to pull us from this puddle of mud, it’s him that you see.

You are too selfish, Ji Hyun.

Can’t you just look at me one last time?

Is it still so much to ask?

 

I LOVE YOU, JUN JI HYUN

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am truly sorry especially to all my subscribers and loyal readers because of the late update (my previous update come after more than two months). 

Mianhe. Jeongmal mianhe... (-_-)*bow. *bow again.

I won't try to explain why. I can't find the suitable words. I only hope for your understanding. I felt so guilty to you guys to the point I was afraid to open my AF account. T.T

A word of courage is far more precious than a bar of gold to me right now. 

Himne!! \^_^/ Hwaiting!!

May I find the bravery to walk this path in 2015. May we all be happier in 2015.

 

On lighter note, you may find this chapter a bit heavy. Please tell me if there is any part that you find confusing. I spend all night long to write and proofread several times. @-@ Thank you all~~ [Spoiler: Maybe another 3 chapter..... Hmm. MAYBE.]

 

There's two phrase that keeps repeating in my mind for the past two months.

"Life become easier when you start accepting apology you never had."

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment." 

I lOVE YOU ALL!!~

THANK YOU & THANK YOU AGAIN!~

 

XOXORISE_hugs&kisses~