CH. 2

Strangest Fate of Fates
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jongin couldn't believe what he had just heard. He was too shocked to even speak. "Exactly, so stay out of my business Kim Jongin," he stated clearly. He opened the door and left Jongin.

This is why you don't get involved with others Jongin. But he was getting abused and he is going to get abused even more! Why are you so interested in this guy Jongin? Well, he doesn't seem like he has friends- That's no excuse Kim Jongin, you and I both know what this is. I mean, why would your people-hating attitude suddenly disappear for him when it doesn't even disappear that much in front of your friends? Jongin stopped this internal ranting and called up Tao.

"Tao, you know your friend, that police officer? Yeah, can I get his contact info? I need some help with something." Jongin was not the irrational type either. There were rumours about him being part of a gang, or him being a part of some mafia group. There were other rumours that he could make no sense out of, but one thing was true - he was a great fighter.

 

"So you're Kim Jongin right?" the tall male asked.

"Yeah," he answered.

The two of them were at a cafe, a bit further away from the university. "What did you need me for?" The man was Wu Yifan. He was an undercover police officer who was known for his captures and arrests.

"Recently I got a new roommate. I didn't mean to but, I overheard him and one of the teachers one morning. They were in a music room and my roommate was singing. I honestly thought it sounded great, but the teacher didn't think so. He slapped him right across the face, and was yelling at him. He whispered something into my roommate's ear and I found out from him later that the teacher had said," he got a piece of paper out and handed it to the police officer, "that to him. I'm not usually the type to worry about others, but this teacher didn't seem to say it as an empty threat."

Yifan looked evidently shocked by what the note said. "This is a serious threat indeed. Do you know when exactly this might happen?" he asked.

"The teacher said that if my roommate didn't have it ready by tomorrow morning, then he would do that. So it would probably be some time tomorrow," he answered.

"Could you tell me your roommate's name and age?"

"His name is Byun Baekhyun, 21 years old."

Yifan noted the information down. "Jongin-ssi, I know this may be a bit bothersome for both of you, but for this to work, I need you to keep an eye on Baekhyun-ssi. If anything suspicious comes up, call or text me. If he leaves unnaturally, follow him from a distance and contact me as to where he has gone. From there, we'll handle the rest if it is necessary to close in on them. But, you must not tell anyone else of this meeting or plan and definitely not to Baekhyun-ssi. Is that understood?" he explained.

"Yes, thank you very much Yifan-ssi."

 

Jongin did just as he was told, he followed Baekhyun around cautiously that day. The following morning, as expected, Baekhyun had already gone to the teacher. When Jongin got to the music faculty, he heard yelling this time instead of singing. As he got closer, he could make out about four people in the room. They were only silhouettes, but Jongin could still recognise two of them. He quickly hid behind a wall before any of them could see him. Once it was clear, he began to follow them.

 

"Yifan-ssi, I'm currently following them. The teacher Mr. Ha

Please log in to read the full chapter