Things Aren't Always What They Seem To Be

School From Hell

 

 

"You're positive he knows?" A pensive Chaerin bit her lip as she walked beside Bom who was sporting her gym class sweats with the two making their way to the school gym.

 

A sigh escaped Bom's lips, "I'm pretty sure... I mean he was there after all. It was him I... pinned down." The girl pressed her palms to her cheeks in embarrassment. "Oh god... I can't believe I did that to HIM of all people!"

 

Chaerin chuckled. "I can hardly believe it either, but can we trust that slimeball to keep your secret? I mean If you want... I can deal with him." She reassured while cracking her knuckles.

 

Bom shook her head. "I think Dara threatened him enough to keep him quiet for now. Besides, he has nothing to gain from revealing my secret. I don't know why, but I don't see him as the type of guy to go around spreading rumours."

 

"If you say so..."

 

The two finally arrived at the gym to see that everyone had already been sent to designated courts. Their gym teacher Mr. Song turned around and spotted the two girls, quirking an eyebrow at seeing the unusual pair walking in together.

 

"Park, Lee, you girls are late! And Lee, where is your gym uniform?" He eyed the blonde teenager noticing that she was still clad in her regular uniform attire with her staple leather jacket over it.

 

"Sorry Mr. Song. I only got back into the country a few days ago and haven't had the time to buy it yet. I'm going to have to sit today's lesson out."

 

"Well you're missing out. Today's volleyball day."

 

"Oh man! NOT volleyball! Super bummed." Chaerin replied, feigning disappointment in missing out on gym class. Bom stifled a giggle. The teacher sighed before motioning for her to sit on the bleachers and then pointing Bom in the direction of one of the courts.

 

As Bom discontentedly made her way to her group—oh how she loathed participating in sports, she took notice that it was considerably quieter in the gym that day than usual. What was different? Glancing around the large building for a moment she finally realized what it was. Luhan, who normally shared the same physical education period as her, was no where to be seen. Meaning that his fan club was not around to scream their heads off and cause their usual ruckus. Come to think of it, Kris was normally in the gym at the same time with the upperclassmen but also wasn't around.

 

Bom felt a bit relieved at knowing that she wouldn't be running into him. But at the same time she was frightened. What if Kris told Luhan about what had happened? This was the sort of news you would share with your best friend, right? It was bad enough that the werewolf had been snooping around the books she had been studying but if he had actually discovered the truth, he was bound to expose her for what she really is.

 

This sort of negative attention was the last thing Bom wanted. Heck, she didn't want any sort of attention at all. But with the last month or so, for some reason she's found herself in the spotlight on several occasions.

 

“Incoming!!”

 

Having been lost in her musings in the last twenty minutes of the class, Bom could only blink as she watched a ball fly right in her direction. With an ungraceful yelp, her reflexes caused her to trip out of the way with her hands bracing against the ground to soften her fall. The ball landed right beside her and then continued to bounce its way outside the court line.

 

“Score! We win!!!” A male student with horns on his head cheered from the other side of the net.

 

“Park!! What the hell was that?!”

 

Bom dusted herself off as she stood up and shyly looked up at the gym instructor. She quickly bowed apologetically. “Sorry Mr. Lee I was a little distracted...”

 

“More than a little. I know that this may not be your favorite class, but it is still a class nonetheless. You're on gym equipment clean up duty.”

 

“What?! You can't do that to her!” A fuming Chaerin came bounding up just as the bell for the class to end rang out loud.

 

“It's okay. We have lunch next anyways so I can just catch up with you and the girls after I finish.”

 

Chaerin frowned at Bom's compliancy but sighed as she crossed her arms across her chest. "You know where to find us." She gave one last fleeting look of displeasure towards their instructor before turning on her heel and making her way out of the gym. Several male students watched her in awe but were quick to cower in their spots as she stared them down with her fierce gaze that read 'you're not worthy of this fabulosity'.
 
Bom giggled slightly at the scene and Mr. Lee proceeded to hand her the keys to the gym storage room where all the equipment belonged. After she watched him exit the building she turned around and sighed in exasperation. Of course volleyballs were strewn all across the floor, they might as well have been at furthest corners of the universe. She wasn't looking forward to having to take down the many nets that had been set up either. Groaning, she adjusted her glasses and walked over to the metal rolling ball rack that sat against the wall.
 
Starting at one corner of the giant room, Bom slowly picked up ball after ball trying to pile as many as possible in one arm before making her way back over to the rack only to accidentally drop them all and have them roll away in all sorts of directions.
 
"Damn it." She cursed. Just then the sound of the gym doors clanging open caught her attention and she turned around to see the gym teacher once again, but dragging a familiar figure behind him.

"Get your  in here! You think you can play hooky and get away with it do ya?" Bom blinked confusedly at the pair from the opposite side of the floor.
 
"Park today is your lucky day. Looks like you'll have a clean up buddy to help you out." The teacher hollered out. "Found this punk sneaking around after having dared to ditch MY class. These pretty boys think they can get away with anything these days." He shoved an enraged Luhan before him who growled angrily at the man who man-handled him. He looked up, spotting Bom and his eyes widened.
 
Immediately all the color from Bom's face drained. Before she could protest however, the gym teacher had already exited the gym but not before pointing at his eyes with his index and middle fingers and then pointing them at Luhan signaling that he had his eyes on the werewolf. Silverish-grey wolfish ears suddenly appeared atop his head and twitched back and forth in irritation along with an equally twitchy tail. Whenever his temper rose Luhan had a hard time controlling his inner wolf.

Bom momentarily felt the need to rub those cute furry ears of his but quickly shook that thought away. This was Luhan after all. He sought to expose her. He was the enemy, not some adorable puppy. After letting off some steam, the wavy-haired blonde turned around to face the girl staring at him and the equipment littered everywhere.

"I am NOT cleaning up this ing mess." He declared defiantly.
 
Bom's lips pressed into a thin line, a vein starting to pop out on one temple. She should have known he wouldn't bother to lift a precious finger to help out. Forced by a teacher or not. She huffed before facing one of the volleyballs that had escaped her earlier and going to pick it up along with the rest once more. Deciding this time that she'd carry them over to the rack one by one instead of multiple at once. After about seven minutes of her repetitive motions a voice stopped her.

"You're too slow." Luhan stated.
 
"Why are you even here if you're just going to complain?" Bom snapped back with a glare before continuing her motions.

Luhan stared at her taken aback at her snip remark. He watched her finish placing the rest of the balls onto the rack and proceed to approach one of the tall volleyball nets. Pressing up onto her tippy-toes Bom strained to reach the string at the top of one of the poles to untie one side of the net. She let out small grunts as she hopped up and down in an attempt to yank it loose. Luhan couldn't stand to watch her struggle much longer so rolling his eyes, he approached the girl.
 
"Here, let me.." Bom froze when she felt a firm chest press lightly against her back and a long arm reached from above her to easily undo the knot that held the net in place. He then proceeded to yank the pole from the slot in the floor. Laying it on the ground, he went to the other side to do the same thing as well. Bom aided him in folding up the net and together they laid them down against a wall before continuing on to the next court.


"So I saw you... at the soccer game yesterday." Luhan spoke, deciding that making small talk with the gloomy girl wasn't going to kill him(hopefully).

Bom froze, fearing for a second there that he was onto her and Dara having been spying on him.
 
"I don't usually see you at games. Why did you suddenly decide to attend?" The werewolf asked curiously.
 
"Oh um.... my friend really wanted to attend. I was just sort of... forced into going with her."
 
"Oh.." Bom brushed off the slight disappointment she thought she heard in the male's tone.

"But you were very good. I studied you."

"Studied me??" Luhan asked, a bit weirded out. But Bom shook her head.

"What I meant was that I was paying close attention to the game since I was learning the rules for the first time. Your skills surpass your teammates by far. Even as a first time watcher, I could tell."

Luhan couldn't help the swell in his ego nor the light pink tinge in his cheeks as he rubbed at the back of his head sheepishly. "Well thanks, that's probably one of the best compliments I've ever received from a girl." Bom raised a brow curiously. He had to have received thousands of compliments, what makes hers so special?

"Most girls kind of throw compliments at me without really understanding the sport. I mostly get comments like "You looked cool!" and "Your  looks great in those shorts!"." He chuckled.

Despite her efforts to fight it, Bom's lips curled up slightly in a small smile and in that moment Luhan thought that the normally spooky girl actually looked quite cute while smiling. The two continued with their small talk and soon enough, they had already finished taking down all the nets and all that was left was to return them to the storage room. Bom felt a wave of relief wash through her as she realized that Luhan had not mentioned a word of the incident between her and Kris, hopefully meaning that the dragon had actually kept his mouth shut for the time being. It had only been a day though, she couldn't get her hopes up too high. Bom walked over to the last folded up net and picked it up, she turned to approach Luhan.
 
"Glad to finally be done. It would have taken me ages to get those taken do—"
 
"Bom watch out!"

But Luhan's warning came a split second too late as Bom had already stepped onto the long string that was dangling from the net in her arms and she tripped forward. She let out a small squeal as she held up her arms to prepare for impact. Luhan's reflexes kicked in instantly and he used his wolf speed to dash towards her and catch her just before she hit the ground. He slid on his knees on the waxy floor and caught her in his strong arms. He rolled her tense form over so that she was facing him.

"Are you alright?? You're not hurt anywhere are you...." Luhan's voice trailed off.

Bom's spectacles had slid down her nose during her fall and he found himself staring into frantic—but gorgeous deep brown eyes. She blinked up at him with her thick, dark lashes. Never before had he seen such captivating eyes. It was a shame she hid them from plain view. Luhan soon found himself admiring her soft-looking lips that she had pursed together. Had she always looked like this?

"I-I think I'm okay... thanks to you." Bom felt her face heat up at their adjacency. Luhan was definitely not what she had expected him to be. She was surprised to see that he could actually be a gentleman. Her round eyes bore into his handsome face for a few seconds before she scrambled her way out of his arms.

"We should probably put all the equipment away now..." she said softly while standing up and readjusting her glasses. Luhan could only nod as he too got up. The two walked over to the large metal doors at the back of the gym. Bom pulled out the keys that the teacher had entrusted to her from the pocket of her hoodie and unlocked the doors so that they could put everything away.
 
"Well that's everything." Luhan stated as he dusted his hands.
 
Bom's face lit up ever-so-slightly with the tiniest grin. "I'm sorry that you got stuck helping me clean up—although you probably deserved it." She bowed briefly. “But thank you anyways. I wouldn't have been able to finish if not for you.” She then turned around and headed for the changing rooms.

The wavy-haired blonde watched her leave with a conflicting feeling deep in his chest. Was that girl really supposed to be the daughter of a symbol of death? She honestly just seemed like a normal, shy girl who just happened to be fond of dark clothing. Which in this school, wasn't all that uncommon really. After getting to know the mysterious girl a little bit more, Luhan was sure of one thing.
 
There was no way that she was a Succubus.
 
 
***
 
 
Bom popped a shrimp in  and chewed it with a slightly more content expression than usual gracing her features. She had a textbook laid out next to her and although it appeared as if she was studying it, she couldn't help but think back to the gym. In the back of her mind she knew that Luhan shouldn't be trusted seeing as he was one of the biggest womanizers in all of the school, but she couldn't shake the microscopic butterflies in her stomach whenever she recalled him heroically saving her from her blunder. Dara, Chaerin and Minji all stared at the girl from across the library table with puzzled expressions on their faces.
 
"Bom are you alright? You're acting... strange." Dara asked tentatively.
 
The girl looked up from her book and noticed the odd stares she was receiving from her friends. "Of course... why wouldn't I be? I'm not acting strange."
 
"Well... unnie you look... I don't know... happy?" Minji noted. "And no offense, but you're not exactly the most cheerful and lively person in the world..."

“Yeah you've been acting fishy since you got back from clean-up duty. Did something happen?” Chaerin asked as she leaned in towards the other, giving her a once-over.

Gulping, Bom opened  to speak but immediately shut it before she relayed the events that happened in the gym. She got the feeling that the girls wouldn't be as thrilled to hear about her sudden change of heart in regards to Luhan. He was a threat and she doubted the girls would see him as any different.

“No of course not... I just... really like how Dara cooked this shrimp?” Bom bit her lip at the suspicious stares she received in response. But it appeared that her answer was good enough for now as Chaerin decided to change the subject.

“Anyways, girls we have a huge problem on our hands. What are we gonna do about that erted Wu dragon now that he knows Bom's secret? We can't trust him to keep his trap shut forever.”

“I agree. I mean... I've never met the guy and I don't know much about him, but he seems like a really bad guy.” Minji stated.

“I'm telling you the safest and surefire way of dealing with him is by getting rid of him.” Dara began and Chaerin nodded. “I could have a little talk with a certain someone...”

“No. We are not killing him... for the last time...” Bom sighed while slapping a palm to her face. “I'm not going to have the guilt of someone's death on my conscious just because I don't want people to know what I am.”

“Well then there's only two ways to go about this and they both involve striking up deals with him.” Minji said pointedly. “Either find something to blackmail him with so that you both have secrets against each other or find something that he likes and provide it for him as repayment for keeping silent.” Dara and Chaerin shook their heads.

“It has to be the first one. The blackmail. That guy is probably into some freaky  and I don't trust him in the least bit to have our Bommie doing anything for him. I wouldn't put ual favors past that guy.” Bom looked at Chaerin with a horrified expression.

“Y-yeah... how about we go with blackmail...?”

“Well I guess that settles it. We have a new goal aside from spying on Luhan. Mission: Find Kris' Deepest Darkest Secret is a GO!!” Dara exclaimed while punching a fist into the air. Chaerin joined in her cheerful gestures and Minji clapped her hands together while smiling.

 

Bom watched her friends in their mirth. Despite her life becoming more hectic and rowdy, she had to admit that things have definitely become more fun with all the girls gathered together. It was a wondrous feeling waking up each morning knowing that she wouldn't be alone anymore.

 

 

***

 

 

“Sir here are the files on that thing you asked for.”

 

“Oh thank you Secretary Shin.” Chairman Park opened the manila folder presented to him, crimson orbs scanning the pages. He hummed to himself as he read through it but after a couple minutes he paused, brows knit together tightly.

 

“This can't be right.” He looked up disbelievingly at the middle-aged woman standing before him. “These numbers are too high, they've practically doubled in recent weeks. Are you sure this is correct?” His secretary looked at him nervously.

 

“I was a bit startled by them as well, sir. But I personally went through the records myself and those were the results I found. There's no doubt in my mind that those accounts are accurate.”

 

“But... it can't be... it's not possible. It doesn't make sense!”

 

“I know, sir. But those are the facts.”

 

“I wonder if she's taken notice as well. She hasn't come to me and said anything about it yet.”

 

“Maybe it was only a matter of time.”

 

“Do you know what this could mean?” The secretary could only nod silently, knowing full well what this all meant.

 

“My dear Bommie might not be... the only one.”

 

 

***

It took me a little over a week but I'm getting there! Hope you all enjoyed this chap (Lubom finally YAS)! I'm sorry if there are errors I don't know if I read through this properly enough-too many cold meds. Don't forget to comment down below~ Next time I greet you will probably be in the New Year so Happy New Years everyone!! ^^