Date From Hell

School From Hell

Bom's feet weighed down like cinder blocks as she dragged them to her classroom and slumped into her chair with a loud Thud and dropped her backpack on the floor. Her eyes bore off into the distance from behind her thick lenses. She was exhausted because she hardly slept a wink the night before. Dara turned in her seat beside her and stared at her with concern in her eyes.
 

Bom zoned out as she recalled part of the conversation she had with Kris following his outlandish proposal.


 

*** Flashback ***


 

I'm sorry I don't think I heard you correctly.” She couldn't believe her ears. Did THE Kris Wu just suggest what she thought he had suggested?
 

Then let me repeat myself for you. Go. On. A. Date. With. Me.” The male smirked slyly and the girl's mouth dropped. Yep, she definitely heard him right the first time.

 

Are you crazy?! What in your right mind makes you think I'd ever want to go out in public with YOU! You... erted overgrown lizard!” The back of Kris's throat rumbled in a low growl at her insult. She really knew how to pick her words.

 

Because if you don't, I'll go around telling everyone that the one responsible for all the energy-drainings at school is you. I can't imagine there will be any positive outcome. If you're lucky, you'll only be ostracized and then kicked out of school.”

 

Bom clenched her jaw in anger, unable to bite back this time. So this is what the true Kris Wu was like. She should have known she couldn't put him above blackmailing her even when her own intentions were to blackmail him in the first place.
 

The blonde chuckled in his own self-victory. “And while we're on our date I get to ask you ten questions about yourself and you are required to answer them honestly.”
 

Bom narrowed her eyes. “One.”
 

Five.”
 

Three.”

 

Kris sighed, he's never had to compromise with a female before. “Fine, deal.” He finally retracted his wings and crossed his arms across his chest.
 

Saturday we meet by the mortals' park at the base of the mountain. 4PM. You better show up and you better show up on time... or else.”
 

Bom pursed her lips together and couldn't help her body from shaking slightly.
 

Don't forget to wear something cute.” Kris gave her one last wink before turning and exiting, leaving her to glare daggers into his back as he left.



 

*** End flashback ***



 

Hey... are you alright?”

 

Bom snapped back to reality and stared back with the most pathetic look on her face. Dara's brows shot up immediately.
 

Dara... I'm scared.” Bom whispered. Now the brunette was really afraid. What is there to be scared of? Did something happen to you?!” Dara grabbed Bom's shoulders and looked her up and down. Bom turned around and eyed the rest of the classroom, relieved to see that it was still early enough that it was just the two of them inside.

 

Not exactly... but I may have found a way to get Kris Wu to keep my secret.” Said Bom in an odd dejected tone.

 

That's great!....isn't it?” her friend asked, puzzled at her attitude towards what normally would have been good news. “Were you able to find something good to blackmail him with?”

 

No... but after we split up with the others yesterday I... ran into him after school.” Bom gulped and Dara frowned.

 

Did he say anything to you?! Did he threaten you in any way?” Bom shook her head.
 

He did catch me snooping around though. He had me cornered and I had no choice but to admit what I was up to.” Dara gasped.

 

Ugh! Typical of an like him to put you in a predicament like that... God, when I get my hands on that sick Dragon....” The brunette fumed.
 

He... he said he was willing to make a deal in order to keep him from revealing my identity.” Dara narrowed her eyes in distrust.

 

What does that ert want? Did he demand you do his homework? Did he make you his slave? Does he want a pair of your underwear?!” she questioned.
 

God NO!” Bom shook her head fiercely. “He wants me to go on a date with him!” She was met with silence.

 

...”

 

...Dara? ...hello?” The raven-haired girl waved her hand in front of Dara's face, but received no reaction.

 

...like hell.”
 

“Pardon?”

 

Like hell you're going on a date with that guy! There's no way you're spending time alone with him!” Dara exclaimed, “Who knows what weird moves he'll pull on you. And what will you do if he tries to take you to his home?! What if he takes advantage of you?!”
 

I'm not entirely helpless you know! Did you forget that I have powers that can render men immobile and helpless?” Dara leaned back and shrugged.

 

I suppose that's true... but I still won't allow it. I don't trust that guy one bit and I guarantee when Chaerin and Minji find out they'll oppose it even more than—” Bom cut her off and grasped her hands in hers with a pleading look in her round eyes.
 

Please Dara! You can't tell the others about this proposal. I plan on going through with it... no matter what you say.” Dara had a hard time resisting those damn adorable puppy eyes of hers.
 

But Bom—”

 

I know you're just trying to keep me safe but I promise I can take care of myself. Please... this might be my only chance.” Dara paused, really wanting to do all that she could to stop her friend.

 

Okay well suppose I let you go out on this... date. What exactly is your plan should you lose control of your abilities again?” Bom's shoulders dropped. She hadn't thought about that. Dara herself appeared to be lost in her own thoughts before suddenly clapping her hands together.
 

Then it's settled! I'm going with you!” Bom raised a surprised brow.
 

You're going on the date with me?”

 

Well, sort of... I'm going to spy on the two of you to make sure that he doesn't do anything funny and to also make sure nothing bad happens if your inner Succubus nature comes out.”
 

Bom mulled over the idea for a while before nodding. “That's not a bad idea. I guess that could work.”

 

I can't believe I'm letting you go through with this.” Dara shook her head. “If Chaerin and Minji find out about this they're going to kill me for sure.” Bom merely grinned and threw her arms around the other to embrace her in a tight hug.
 

Thanks! You're the best!” Dara sighed in defeat before hugging her back. “You owe me big time for this, you know.”
 

The two pulled away and soon enough the doors to the classroom opened and more students filed in before the bell rang. Among them of course were Lay and Tao and following closely behind the unicorn and the vampire was Luhan. Bom's eyes met briefly with his and she could feel her cheeks heat up oh-so-slightly before they broke contact when Sunny nudged him out of the way of the door frame.

 

What's wrong with you Lulu? Quit spacing out.” The pixie eyed her longtime friend curiously. He had been acting even more strangely than usual in the last couple days and she couldn't pinpoint why.
 

The bell rang soon after and the teacher promptly entered to begin homeroom. 


 

***


 

"It's not too late to turn around and run Bom, you know what right?" Bom paced back and forth across the entrance to the park that she and Kris had agreed upon meeting at. Mothers quickly ushered their children from the park after the several claims of a "strange noona" prancing around made their way around the playground. Convinced she was some kind of crazy person, they made sure to avoid the suspicious young woman that walked in circles mumbling to herself incoherently. Be it among monsters or humans, Bom was still as strange and spooky as ever.

 

Some didn't fail to notice a prettybut equally suspicious"noona" hiding on the opposite side of the park, peeking over from behind some bushes.

 

Bom pulled her hand from her sweater pocket to read the time on her cellphone. It was a quarter until their established meeting time. She had made sure to arrive early so as not to anger Kris in any way and to ensure this day go as smoothly as possible. She turned and looked across the park, making eye contact with Dara briefly. The brunette nodded to her and she nodded back.

 

Noting that the park was now cleared of any other presences besides her own and Dara's, Bom decided to take a seat in one of the swing set seats. Wrapping her delicate fingers around the metal support chains, she began lightly pushing herself on the swing. She gazed down at the ground as she did so, enjoying the sound of her sneakers digging through the gravel. She continued to play on the swing for the next few minutes as she awaited what she anticipated would be the worst day of her life.


 

 

"You've got to be kidding me." The creaking of the swing set came to a halt at the sound of another person in the park. Bom lifted her head sheepishly but couldn't help her eyes from widening in awe.

 

Kris, contrary to his usual resting -face expression, was dressed handsomely in black fitted jeans that suited his long legs, sleek black sneakers and a dark grey V-neck shirt with a green military-style jacket layered over it. A dragon-shaped pendant hung from his neck and gleamed in the afternoon sunlight. He looked like a model slaying the runway that was this public park. But back to his face...

 

"You call that outfit 'cute'?" Bom peered down at her own attire which simply consisted of dark wash skinny jeans, green hi-top sneakers and her staple loose black hoodie—with hood covering her head as per usual. Kris didn't think it was possible to dress even more modestly than she already did at school.

 

"Do you only own oversized black sweaters?" Kris scrutinized.
 

Bom rolled her eyes as she stood up from the swing. "Yes, actually I do. And for your information, this is my 'cute' black sweater." She retorted sarcastically. Kris held back a growl but took a moment to appreciate how nicely her skinny jeans actually hugged her hips and thighs. Parts of her he had never seen before because they were normally covered by her long uniform skirt.

 

"I was wondering why this park was so empty. You probably scared everyone off being dressed like some kind of heinous criminal."

 

"Criminal?!" Bom squawked back.

 

"And would it kill you to take your hood off? No one is going to be grabbing at your face." Kris quickly grabbed a hold of the back of her hood and quickly yanked it down, letting her long, ebony tresses cascade down around her face. He paused and gulped, suddenly remembering the way her hair fell around him when she "assaulted" him on the school floor.

 

"Yah! Where do you think you are putting your hands?!" She screamed at him. Her hands instinctively reached up to pull her hood back on but the irritable look in Kris' eyes stopped her. With a 'tch, whatever' she adjusted her glasses and quickly stuffed her hands back in her pockets.

 

"Come on, let's go. You're wasting my time." Kris quickly grabbed a hold of Bom's upper arm and dragged her away from the park. She tossed her head in a fleeting look backwards.

 

"What are you doing? You're so slow!" The tall blonde growled.

 

"N-nothing!" Bom quickly turned her head back around and allowed herself to be pulled in god-knows-what direction. Even after walking along the sidewalk for several minutes, Kris would not release his awkward hold on her, garnering many odd stares from passersby. Young girls and women gasped and whispered at seeing such a handsome model-like man casually striding along. But when they laid their eyes on the plain and gloomy Bom, confusion was clear in their tones.

 

"Hey, that guy is really hot don't you think? Do you think he could be a supermodel? He's so tall!"

 

"No doubt. But who is that creepy girl clinging to him?" Clinging? Do they not see his death grip on her arm? Bom glowered to herself. She bit the inside of her cheek in annoyance at all the comments being directed towards her. This 'date' was already off to a terrible start. Luckily, she soon found herself no longer outside and was being pulled inside a small and cozy coffee shop. Walking towards the far back corner of the shop, Kris finally released his grip on her arm and motioned for her to sit down at a small booth.

 

"What do you want to drink?" The question caught Bom off guard and she found herself staring up at him quizzically. This irked Kris slightly as he rolled his eyes.

 

"Do you drink coffee? Tea? Or do you want a milkshake?" Bom shook her head.
 

"Do they serve roasted corn tea here?" Kris tilted his head curiously.

 

"That kind of thing exists? Doesn't sound too appetizing."

 

"But it is!" Bom blushed at her sudden outburst and shrunk back in her seat. "...it's my favorite..." She murmured.

 

"I can check to see if they make it here. Hold on." With that Kris turned and started making his way to the front counter of the coffee shop where a very obviously blushing female barista greeted him. Flashing his heart-melting smile, he proceeded to search the menu for this strange-sounding tea.

 

Bom pretended not to notice the familiar thin figure that briskly strode in with her beanie pulled low on her head. Walking past the booth Bom sat in, she seated herself in the adjacent booth separated by a partition. It was just high enough that when Kris returned he would be none the wiser, allowing her the perfect eavesdropping access. Knowing the grim reaper's daughter was sitting just opposite of her, Bom's palms grew clammy in uneasiness.

 

“Do you see him flirting with that employee? Once a player, always a player.” Bom could practically hear Dara's eyeballs rolling. Before she could reply Kris was already returning to their booth with a steaming cup in each hand. He laid one down in front of her as he took a seat. Bom noted surprisingly that he appeared to have gotten the same drink as her. After eyeing it like some kind of foreign artifact, the male took a quick whiff before taking a small sip of the warm liquid. His eyebrows rose in small delight. “This stuff ain't half bad.”
 

A small smile crept on Bom's lips but she was quick to repress it before he could notice. She slowly lifted the cup to and sipped at the comforting tea.
 

“Now that I've got you alone. I believe you have some questions to answer.”
 

“Yep. You're down to two.”
 

“Wait what?! We agreed on three!” Kris growled out.
 

“I know. But you wasted your first one when we first met up and you asked me if all I had were black sweaters.”

 

“T-that doesn't count!” Bom chortled evilly in her mind at seeing the dragon get so flustered. “Hey, you said personal questions and I believe that was a personal question.” Kris' hand clenched into a fist on the coffee table. “Damn it.” He took a moment to regain his composure and sighed.
 

“Then my next—although technically first—question for you is, why do you dress the way you... you know?” Bom blinked down at her clothing. What is it with everyone and her choice of style? It's not like she was dressed like a homeless person or anything.

 

Well as you already know I have special... abilities. And as you have experienced first-hand these powers work through touch as well as the hypnotic aura from my eyes. I purposely choose to cover myself and wear my glasses to prevent any 'accidents'. I don't mean to put anyone in any harm, really.” Bom pouted.
 

“Hmm.... interesting.” Kris thoughtfully his chin. “If that's the case, why is it that some of my friends are showing up zombified by your doing?”

 

“I-it's not on purpose! I can't help it sometimes. My powers they—” Bom stopped herself before revealing too much personal information. She nearly exposed her biggest secret of all to one of the last people she ever thought she'd speak to.

 

“You can't help it...?” Kris quirked an eyebrow in interest.

 

“N-nevermind...” Bom fidgeted anxiously with her now empty cup as the male stared at her suspiciously.

 

“That was my third question Bom. You owe me an honest and complete answer.” The young woman dug her teeth into her lip, afraid to look him in the eye. “I... I... uh...”


 

Crash!


 

The both of them were startled by the the sudden sound of something smashing against the floor over in the booth behind them. An awkward and heavily (fake)accented voice exclaimed aloud. “Omo omo omo! How clumsy of me! Sugar! Sugar everywhere!” The barista up front clamored over to tend to the guest with a dustpan in hand and Kris stood up to see if he could help but the 'guest' just repeatedly kept bowing so deeply that he couldn't even see her face.
 

“No no! I am e-uh fine. Do not worry abaut me. Please, just continue enjoying you're uh dateu. Sorry to bother... youu...” Kris couldn't help but feel like he'd seen this person somewhere before...
 

Despite that cringe-worthy performance Bom mentally thanked Dara as she stood up from her seat. “Maybe we should go...” Kris nodded as he followed her out the cafe.
 

As soon as they exited through the door Dara quickly bowed to the cafe employee and apologized before zooming out the building herself. “I'm so sorry! But I must go now!!”
 

“H-hey wait!! You didn't even order anything....” The barista's voice trailed off as the door swung to a close. The girl scratched her head in puzzlement. “What happened to her accent...?”


 

***


 

As soon as Bom stepped out into the cool air she immediately felt her wrist being grabbed as Kris started to drag her quickly to the next part of their date. “H-hey! What's the rush?!” She asked as she nearly tripped over her own feet. But she received no response as the tall male kept pressing onward. His actions almost seemed a bit hostile and she couldn't understand why. He had her turning corners left and right and they raced across crosswalks even when the stoplights were just turning red.

 

“Are you trying to kill us?!” She screamed as cars honked loudly at them as they narrowly missed their deaths multiple times. Finally, Kris yanked her one last time in front of himself so that she spun around and faced him. “What's wrong with you?!” Bom fumed at first but fear immediately crept in when she saw the agitated, feral look in his eyes.
 

“How dumb do you think I am?” He hissed out lowly.
 

“What are you talking about?”

 

You think I didn't know about your little friend spying on us back there? Did you really think I would fall for that ty acting?” Bom's heart thumped roughly against her ribcage as she stopped breathing. “I'm a Dragon for crying out loud. One of the strongest and most feared creatures the immortal world has ever seen. I could sense her the moment I approached you in the park.” 'Damn... he's better than I thought.' Bom thought.

 

Kris pulled out his phone and began tapping away. Bom stared at him inquisitively. “What are you doing?”

 

Ensuring something. Don't you worry your little head.” Once he was finished he stuffed his phone back in his pocket and continued to lead Bom to their next location.
 


 

***


 

 

Fancy seeing you here!”
 

Dara stood hunched over with her palms resting on her knees after having completely run out of breath from trying to chase after Kris and Bom. The two had dashed off so quickly that it was only a matter of time before she had lost them. Having run around the streets for quite some time, she stopped to rest when a male's voice drew her attention. The petite girl looked up to see the familiar face of the young Phoenix, Park Chanyeol grinning from ear-to-ear. It struck the girl as odd that his appearance seemed a bit disheveled like he had just flown in only moments ago... but it must have been all in her head.

 

What are you doing all the way over here?”

 

Chanyeol was currently beside himself to be able to see his crush outside of school. When Kris had tipped him off earlier through a text message he flew down to the mortal dwellings at lightning speed. He made a mental note to thank him later.

 


 

***



 

Bom had been in numerous uncomfortable situations in her life, but this ranked pretty high on her list. The next stop on their date happened to be a quaint little ice cream shop. It seemed innocent enough at first, except for the fact that apparently word got out about a tall, smoking hot guy being seen in the area and girls had gathered around outside and were staring into the shop as she stood in line with Kris. She could feel herself shrinking as all the attention was directly on him. Figures, whether they be demonesses or humans, the male standing in front of her was a chick magnet.
 

Squeals were heard when Kris combed his fingers through his blonde hair as he 'contemplated' what flavor he wanted. Bom couldn't help but feel like he was doing it all on purpose to put on a show for these girls. 'Please.' She thought indifferently.

 

After they both got their double-scoop cones of ice cream, they sat down at a small table. Unfortunately for Bom, it was right next to the glass window where the girls could easily glare holes into her.

 

You must be feeling pretty good right now. Being seen on a date with a guy like me with all these girls envying you.” Kris smiled smugly and leaned forward on the table, resting his elbows on it as he casually at his cone.

 

I'm feeling quite the opposite actually. This is embarrassing.” Kris felt a slight jab to his ego and cleared his throat uncomfortably.
 

Well it's better them watching us than your little spy.” He leered and Bom dropped her gaze down guiltily. “What is with you and not trusting me? Do you think I'm honestly such a bad guy to do anything to you?”

 

No offense, but you don't exactly have the best reputation when it comes to women.” Bom quipped back sarcastically.
 

This is different.” Different? Was he insinuating that he didn't see Bom as a woman?
 

The crowd of young women outside the ice cream shop suddenly got rowdier and noisier with excited squeals as the front door jingled, signaling the entrance of another customer. Kris casually looked up but froze when when he saw who it was.

 

You've got to be ing kidding me...” The sudden outburst made Bom tilt her head in confusion before she turned her head to see what the fuss was about. She too froze.

 

Hey man! Surprised to see you here!”


 

Kris smiled awkwardly towards his best friend. “Sup Luhan.”

 

***

 

Teehee :P

 

Wow I was really not expecting to come out with the next chapter so soon. I guess being on hiatus for so long left all this pent up need to write. (It's also a good distraction from stressful finals blegh) I hope that this chapter wasn't too boring for you guys. Please don't forget to comment and I will see you guys in the next chapter! :D