Caught in the Act

School From Hell

 

“So they're trying to kick that ball into those giant fishing nets and that gets them a point?”

 

“Actually those 'giant fishing nets' are referred to as goal posts... but yeah.”

 

Bom and Dara sat huddled at the highest corner of the soccer field bleachers as the smaller girl carefully explained the rules of the sport to the other. Bom wasn't one to watch or enjoy sports so Dara found now a better time than ever to educate her. The two had decided(more like Dara had painstakingly coerced Bom) that going to see Luhan during one of his games would be the perfect opportunity to spy on him and study him for any suspicious activity since it was brought to their attention that he had been looking into Bom's race of demons. Bom didn't understand how they could possibly learn anything from a sporting event but had little to no choice as Dara practically dragged the relenting girl. Unfortunately for her as well, neither Minji nor Chaerin had any interests in attending such an event either but were actually allowed to reject the offer.

 

As usual the air around the field was misty and hazy, but enough to still be able to see the figures running up and down the field. It was to be expected when your school sits at the top of a tall mountain after all. The competitors were monsters from a sister academy to Illyria located in a distant part of the country. Although there weren't too many academies that taught 'special' students out there, that didn't prevent them from partaking in a little competitive sport. Competing against human schools was too risky and completely out of the question.

 

Bom was typically one to take her 'studies' seriously so she tried to focus on the game at hand but was often startled by the feminine screams of the group of female students who sat in the first couple rows of the bleachers. It seemed that every time Luhan had gained control of the ball, the demonesses found it necessary to screech out in excitement. It didn't help that one of the girls happened to be a banshee who's screams came out more as terrifying wails, frightening Dara and Bom and possibly other spectators.

 

The game came to a close and Dara got up to excuse herself momentarily to use the restroom while Bom waited for her before they both left together. She sighed and propped her elbows on her knees as she rested her chin in her palms. She continued to watch the werewolf carefully for any possible—but most unlikely—suspicious behavior. As he approached the stands the group of female students crowded around him like moths to a flame. One girl in particular slinked her way up to his side, acting especially flirtatious to which he responded with a lecherous smirk as he whispered something in her ear, causing her to bite her lip with an anticipating expression. Bom rolled her eyes while muttering something along the lines of “erted prick” under her breath. She was startled when her eyes returned to his form only to see him looking directly at her as well. Bom anxiously tugged her hood further down her face and looked around to see if perhaps he had been looking at someone else who had been sitting close to her but she was the only one around.

 

Suddenly, Bom was struck by a wave of dizziness as it overcame her body and her vision gradually went in-and-out of focus. She held a hand to her head as she slowly sat up from her seat and began fumbling her way down. It's happening again. Bom needed to find Dara fast so she started heading towards where the restrooms were in hopes of making it to her in time. Luhan watched her with a peculiar expression but it didn't linger for much longer as the surrounding girls began ushering him back into the school. Flashing them his usual heartthrob smile, he wrapped his arms around two of the girls' waists and proceeded to walk towards the school building with the rest squealing in tow.

 

Bom stumbled as she made her way to what she hoped was the restrooms. It was hard to tell with the subtle blurring of her vision but she could sense that she had somehow made it inside the school premises. She was already losing control of her body and feared that she would not be able to make it to her friend in time. Her body felt as if it were on fire and her breaths became ragged. Bom sought relief from her feverish state as she leaned against the cool metal of a locker close by.

 

“Dara... Chaerinnie.... Minji......someone help me....” she softly called out as she slouched to the floor.

 

 

Dara finally returned to the bleachers to find no sign of Bom anywhere. She wasn't the type of girl to suddenly wander off without any sort of notice so panic immediately settled in. This had to be the doing of the girl's Succubus nature.

 

“. I gotta find Bom, the girls are gonna kill me!” With that, Dara sped off towards the school in hopes of finding her friend.

 

 

***

 

 

Kris straightened out his uniform tie that he had loosened from his earlier “activities.” After combing his long fingers through his slightly blonde tousled locks he got up from his position on the classroom desk and dusted off his pants. Slender fingers with glimmering scales adorning them slid their way from behind him over his broad shoulders and linked themselves at the front of his torso.

 

“That was fun. We should do it again sometime.” A half-dressed girl with slitted irises cooed into the dragon's ear in a sultry voice. A forked tongue slipped from between her lips and grazed against his earlobe. Kris smirked as he reached up to pull her arms away from him.

 

“Sorry babe. You know I don't do second flings. That would be unfair to the others and you know how scary they can get when they're jealous.” Kris replied nonchalantly, but blatantly lying of course. Despite being referred to as a 'fling' the young woman merely pouted as she was pried from his body. Slipping on his blazer, the male threw one last charming smile back at the redressing girl before calling out, “See you in class.” And with that he was out the door.

 

The dragon stretched out his limbs as he walked down the hallway. Spotting the time on a wall clock close by he reasoned that his best friend's soccer game had already concluded. He had meant to attend it himself but then he ran into a bit of a... distraction on the way. He was sure Luhan wouldn't mind anyways. He figured he could probably catch up to the guy along with the rest of the gang in the cafeteria where they usually hung out after their games.

 

 

Kris' steps halted when a soft whimpering sound made its way to his ears. It almost sounded as if some kind of animal was injured. Realizing that it was coming from just around the corner of the hallway he was in, he made long strides and turned to see what it was... and it was something he hadn't expected in a million years.

 

He definitely was not expecting to see a weakened-looking Park Bom panting heavily—and somewhat ally—against a locker. Seeing her flushed face, he sped up his steps to check on the young woman. A pang of nostalgia shot through him at seeing the girl in this state. It was quite similar to their first meeting in which he caught her about to pass out. Was she going through the same experience once again? This couldn't be a regular occurrence for her could it?

 

"Hey... are you alright?" He called out softly, a sincere concern evident in his voice.

 

Bom's eyes fluttered upwards at hearing the familiar voice. She could barely make out Kris' face but she easily recognized his deep tone.

 

"It's... you again..." she said weakly but didn't hide her look of disdain at running into the womanizing dragon once again. Kris scoffed.

 

"You don't look so good. Let me help you to the nurse's office." He offered as he began to reach out to help her up. But he was stopped when Bom yelled out hoarsely.

 

"NO! I don't need your help!!"

 

There she goes again rejecting his help just like last time. What was with this ? Did she hate him that much that she would die if he ever so much as expressed any sort of kindness towards her? He stared at the girl curled up on the floor trying to shrink as far away from him as possible. No girl has ever expressed such a hatred for him before in his life and it was really starting to piss him off. Becoming irritated with her stubborn attitude, he attempted to help her once more but was roughly pushed back with one hand by the relentless teenage girl.

 

"I said I don't. Need. Your. Help." There was a slight venom mixed in her soft voice. Kris narrowed his eyes as he had had enough of her rejections. She needed help and he was going to give it to her god damn it! As she tried to retract her hand back he quickly wrapped his own around her wrist so that he could pull her up but he didn't realize that her sleeve had slid down partially and exposed her actual hand.

 

"Listen you , I don't care what you say, you've got some going on and you need to be taken to the nurse imme—diate..ly...." Kris' voice faltered as a sudden wave of dizziness hit him head on like a bus. He felt his body begin to burn up, especially where his palm made contact with her wrist. He wasn't sure what was going on any more but in a matter of seconds he found himself on his back with something—or someone crawling on top of him. The dragon rubbed at his eyes to make sure they weren't playing tricks on him.

 

There sat Bom, the girl who had been cowering away from him only seconds ago, now huddling over him with her hood having been pulled off and her long dark hair cascading like a waterfall around her. But that wasn't the most alarming part, at some point Bom had disposed of her glasses, revealing the most alluring and beautifully colored eyes he had ever seen in his life. The mixture of lilac and azure swirling in her large orbs were mesmerizing and hypnotic. So much so that he could no longer move his body. It felt as if a huge weight had been placed on his body to prevent him from moving and he knew it wasn't her that was feeling so heavy. Could this be some kind of power of hers?

 

"What.... are you?" He groaned out in a hoarse voice. He received no response but the sight of Bom straddling his torso, her lips seductively and eyeing him like a piece of meat. An all too familiar tightening began forming in his pants and it pained him to know that he couldn't take control of the situation at all. But something was off... this Bom was different from the usual Bom. It was as if someone else had taken over her body and turned her into some kind of temptress... not that he was really complaining. This had to be some of the best he'd ever had.

 

This new Bom roamed her hands up his chest and hovered her face above his. Seeing her up this close and without the guise of her spectacles Kris came to realize that Park Bom was actually quite pretty... smoking hot even. How this hidden beauty managed to escape his radar was beyond him. The corner of her pouty lips quirked up in a smirk as she placed a delicate hand to his face, causing more surges of pleasurable heat to wash over his body. God damn, he couldn't stand how helpless he was. Never has a woman had so much control over him before. To think that HE a respected dragon was being held down by this girl with mysterious hypnotic powers. Mustering out the last bit of his strength he released his wings and flapped them in an attempt to shake her off but she held her ground and continued to the side of his face, weakening him once more so that his wings drooped back down to the floor.

 

Suddenly Bom jerked backwards and clutched at her head. This confused the male as he watched her in what seemed like an attempt to fight back against something. Her eyes flashed back and forth between lilac and blue to a dark brown before she clenched them shut. Eventually Bom stilled as her hands slowly fell to her sides. Her eyes slowly opened revealing her haunting cool-colored pools once again. Finally, she spoke.

 

“All men are the same.”

 

Kris was surprised at finally hearing Bom speak but in a tone lower than usual.

 

“They act all high and mighty but become so weak so easily at the hands of women... pathetic.” she huffed while smirking. It was almost as if the old Bom had lost in the battle and in her place was this confident and dominating demoness.

 

“What the hell are you?” He growled out, once again demanding to know who or what she was.

 

“Me? I'm just the woman who will finally knock you off your pedestal, Kris Wu.” Bom lowered her lips so that her breath lightly brushed his ear. “I'm going to enjoy draining your life force...”

 

The male's brows shot up at hearing her words. Did she just say what he thought she said? Wait a minute... that sounded oddly familiar. Suddenly recalling what Luhan had been discussing with Sunny a few days ago his eyes widened. Was she...?

 

But before Kris could continue his train of thought the dark-haired girl grabbed his chin so that her eyes bore directly into his. At this moment, his body became completely still as he watched her face draw closer to his. Before her lips could make contact with his he could already feel his body giving out as his vision turned hazy and dark. A woman's voice other than Bom's screamed out before he completely out.

 

“BOM!!!”

 

 

***

 

 

A soft grumble escaped from underneath bright white sheets. Bom groaned as she roused from her slumber and flipped the sheet off from her torso. Eyes fluttering open, she recognized her surroundings to be that of the infirmary. Slowly but surely she rose from her lying position, but not without difficulty of course. She felt as if she had been hit by a ton of bricks, no doubt from another failed draining attempt. Sighing, she pressed a palm to her head as she slowly turned her body so that her slim legs dangled over the edge of the bed and she faced the curtain that separated the bed from the rest of the room. At the sound of her rustling, she heard Nurse Yoon speak up from the other side.

 

“Bom are you finally up? Just give me a moment, I'm brewing up some tea to help you feel better!”

 

“Ne~” She said groggily as she cautiously stood up on her feet. She drew the curtain aside intent on thanking the nurse when the sight before her caused her to scream, slip and clumsily fall backwards back onto the bed.

 

“W-what the hell are you doing here?!” The girl screamed while pointing a finger accusingly in front of her.

 

On the other side of the curtain sat Kris, who sat on a simple stool leaning forward with his elbows resting on his knees and his long fingers laced together. He stared intently at her with his usual furrowed brows and cold expression as if examining her.

 

“What's all the yelling about?” The nurse finally appeared with two steaming mugs in her hands. When she spotted the shocked Bom sprawled out on the bed staring horrified at the male in front of her the woman sighed.

 

“Oh... did I forget to mention that he was here? I'm sorry Bom but as much as I tried to get him to leave after he woke up, he refused and was determined to stay here until you got up as well...” She approached the young man and offered him a mug of tea, he accepted and nodded in thanks. She then continued to offer the other mug to Bom, which she accepted as well.

 

“How long was I out for?” She asked the school nurse.

 

“Hm.. I'd say about three hours since I brought you in here.”

 

“I see.” The nurse then left the two teenagers to talk things out and sat at her desk on the other side of the room.

 

Questions swirled in Bom's head. What was Kris doing here? What exactly happened three hours ago? How much does he know? Memories of Kris' face up close flashed in her mind. Bom merely stared at the mug in her lap before she suddenly realized her situation. Pressing her fingertips to the bridge of her nose her eyes widened when she realized that something was missing. Spotting her glasses at a nearby table she quickly snatched them up and hurriedly placed them on her face.

 

“They're brown.”

 

The statement caught Bom off guard as she stared at the blonde cautiously.

 

“You don't have to worry... your eyes, they're back to being brown.” Bom let out a soft sigh of relief, not yet realizing the meaning behind his words.

 

“Are you really blind or are you just putting up a front to hide your natural eye color?” Kris asked as he raised a curious brow.

 

“W-what? Why would I need to hide my eyes? You said so yourself, they're just p-plain brown eyes.” Bom stuttered. Kris narrowed his eyes at her.

 

“I've seen them... your real eyes. And I've experienced first-hand what they can do...” Bom's breath hitched in as her hands tightened against the hot ceramic mug, not caring that it was burning her palms. There was a brief moment of silence before he spoke up once more in a low voice.

 

 

“You're a succubus aren't you?”

 

Crash!

 

The sound of something smashing to the floor and liquid hitting the tile caused alarm for Miss Yoon and she quickly stood back up to see what had happened. Walking back over she saw Bom bent downwards collecting the ceramic shards as Kris rolled his eyes before shortly joining her in the clean up. Bom was uncomfortable with the dragon's close proximity but remained silent as she picked up the pieces. Kris briefly leaned forward and whispered hotly into her ear, causing her cheeks to burn.

 

“You have a lot of explaining to do Park Bom.” She darted her eyes to his and glared in his direction, cheeks still flushed. The male smirked at seeing her reaction and resumed his cleaning.

 

“Are you two alright? What happened?” The nurse approached the students with a small trash bin as well as several paper towels.

 

“Nothing... my hand just slipped.” Bom replied meekly as they both stood back up. “You know how clumsy I can be.”

 

The nurse sighed, “Bom what am I going to do with you? You really should be more careful.” The young nurse quickly sized up Kris' tall form and then looked at Bom, nodding her head and giving her an approving look. Bom furrowed her brows and shook her head furiously. Kris looked back and forth between the two ladies with a confused expression on his face. Then he cleared his throat.

 

“Anyways, you didn't answer my question.” Bom refused to look him in the eye, irking the male.

 

“Perhaps you forgot already? Then let me ask you again.” The tall male stepped closer, causing Bom to step backwards but was stopped by the edge of the infirmary bed.

 

“Are you... are you really a suc—”

 

BAM!

 

A panicked Dara came barging into the room screaming at the top of her lungs.

 

“Nurse Yoon!! Have you seen Bommie around?! I lost her back at the soccer game and I've been searching for her for hours! I'm really worried something bad hap—” She stopped mid-sentence when she laid her eyes on the scene before her. Bom stood cowering against the edge of the bed as Kris stood dangerously close to her looking like a wolf—no dragon(the wolf was his stupid best friend) about to eat her.

 

“Get away from her!” Dara flung herself in between the two with her arms outstretched to form a barrier for Bom. “She's not to be played with like one of your toys.” She hissed.

 

Tch.” Kris scoffed while shaking his head. “You have it the other way around. She's the one who attacked me.”

 

Dara's jaw dropped as her arms slowly fell to her sides. She turned to face the raven-haired girl. “I-is it true? Did you...?”

 

Bom could only bow her head in shame. “It seems so... but I can't really remember much.”

 

Dara whipped around to face the nurse as if searching for more answers. Nurse Yoon immediately answered her gaze.

 

“I found the two of them together. Bom already had him pinned down but luckily I was able to stop her before it got too far and she...” She didn't finish her sentence knowing that Dara already understood where she was going with it.

 

“...before she what?” Kris' deep voice broke into their conversation. “What would you have done to me Bom?” Bom looked up at him fearfully but Dara turned her head and narrowed her eyes at him.

 

“She doesn't have to answer any of your questions. DON'T answer him Bom!” This outburst caused a slight growl to erupt from the blonde male's throat. He had had enough of this tiny woman's meddling.

 

“I deserve to know what happened back there and what COULD have happened to me!” Kris' fists clenched at his sides.

 

Dara quickly grabbed a hold of Bom's arm and pulled her in the direction of the door. Ushering the girl through the doorway first, she then turned to face Kris.

 

“She doesn't have to explain anything to you so this conversation is over! And don't think of coming after her either. You'll have to go through me as well as a few other girls before you can get to her! Also, don't you dare tell any soul about any of this happening. If you do, I will come after you. And trust me, if you value your existence, I wouldn't cross me if I were you.”

 

Kris mentally chuckled at such a threat coming from such a petite and sprightly girl. But deep down he had to admit that something lead him to believe that she wasn't kidding and perhaps he really could be in danger if he tried to pursue Bom again. Dara glared at him one last time before heading out the door with Bom and slamming the door behind them.

 

***

What's going to happen to poor Bom next??? :O (apologies for any errors)

I know this update took a super long time. The last month I've been dealing with stressful finals, lost files(temporarily thought my life was over XD) and whatnot but I just recently finished them so I have so much more free time to brainstorm and write! :)
As a thank you for all you patient subbies and also because a few of you requested it in the last chapter, I'd like to share my Park Bom painting that I mentioned previously! Taaaadaaah!! I'm sure most of you can recognize what this was inspired from. :D


(right click and 'view image' if you wish to see it enlarged)
It's kind of a big painting (3ft x 4ft) and it can't fit on my wall amongst all my kpop and anime posters so it's just hanging out in the guest room of my house hahaha.

Anyways thank you all for reading and please leave me your thoughts down below! I'll see you all next time!!