A Spy's Compromise

School From Hell

 

A/N: I'm no longer dead.

***

 

Bom bit her lip as she peered into the gym, eyes scanning around the vicinity. The large room echoed with the sounds of whistles, the squeak of sneakers, orange basketballs bouncing around and teenaged girls squealing. If there was one place she was sure to find Kris in, it would be at the gym during basketball practice. The male didn't take many things seriously, but this was the one exception. As captain of his team, he wouldn't dare miss a day of practice. Unfortunately, neither did his groupies.

 

The raven-haired girl eyed the various long-limbed teenage boys that ran up and down the courts. Everyone was so tall that it made it a little hard to see who everyone was. Her brows rose slightly when she spotted one familiar face. A certain red-haired, big-eared boy jogged over to another boy who's face she vaguely recognized for being in her homeroom class. A tanned blonde with very apparent dark circles under his eyes making him resemble a panda of sorts.

 

Chanyeol, as Bom had suddenly recalled his name from the day he had approached Dara when she was first trying to befriend her, patted the blonde on the back and pinched his cheek. It was almost as if he were trying to wake up his friend who may or may have not been sleeping while standing up in the middle of a practice match.

 

"Maybe we should start holding practices at midnight, huh Tao? Then you'll actually be awake to pay attention." Chanyeol chuckled as Tao grumbled like a small child at being awoken from his standing-nap. Just then Bom's gym teacher Mr. Lee, who also happened to be the basketball coach, walked up to the two males.

 

"Huang falling asleep in the middle of the game again?" The man shook his head at the vampire. "You're lucky you're one of the tallest we got around this school. Or else I'd have kicked your blood- off this team the first time you dozed off in the middle of real match."

 

"You know that's not true coach, I'm one of the best players here... when my eyes aren't closed." Tao smiled sheepishly. Chanyeol just stood by him and shrugged, not really being able to argue with his statement.

 

"Go practice your lay-ups, Huang. I'm switching you out of this scrimmage." He patted the blonde on the back and gestured to another court. Then he called out, "Oh Sehun! Get over here! You're playing!"

 

The rainbow-haired maknae turned at hearing his last name being called out. "Yes coach!!" The slim boy jogged his way over to the other court, crossing paths with Tao on the way.

 

So many tall members of the EXO clique in one building yet Bom couldn't seem to find the tallest one whom she was looking for. Just then, the swooshing sound of a basket could be heard that was immediately followed by cheering and happy roars. Bom's eyes flicked to one end of the gym.

 

"Very nice Wu! Keep it up!" Mr. Lee. His compliments were accompanied with more fangirlish squeals coming from the bleachers.

 

"YEAAAAHHHH That's our oppa!!" Bom was coming to realize that the more she involves herself with those EXO boys the more her ears are at risk of bleeding as they are always surrounded by those obnoxiously loud s. But aside from EXO themselves, those girls probably knew more than anybody else and if Kris had anything worth blackmailing him with, one of them was bound to know. Bom in her breathe as she finally stepped inside the gym. She quickly skittered her way along the wall until she reached the metal bleachers that the girls sat on as they conversed amongst each other. There was just enough space behind the bleachers that Bom was able to squeeze in behind it and crawl under some of the metal support bars that held it together. After wriggling her way past a few cobwebs and disposable food containers, she found herself just below the group of girls.

 

She mentally sighed at the amount of effort she was putting into this. Her friends would probably be laughing their asses off if they could see her right now, crouching like a thief in hiding with god-knows-what stuck in her hair. Her ears perked up when she overheard the girls discussing Kris.

 

"Ne ne did you know that Kris-oppa might have someone that he likes?"

 

"No , he loves all women."

 

"No I mean there's rumours that there's a girl in school that he really likes! And I don't just mean someone to sleep with!"

 

"There's no way! Oppa doesn't do relationships. He's a purely physical kind of guy."

 

"I know it sounds crazy but I heard some of the boys in his class talking about how he's been acting different lately. Like... a lovesick puppy almost."

 

"Well if there is a girl it's up to us to get rid of her. She's the biggest threat to all of us. If she's in the picture we can say goodbye to Kris and his gorgeous body." This comment garnered several devastated gasps whereas Bom merely rolled her eyes.

 

"The only problem is nobody knows who it could possibly be. It has to be someone he hasn't 'been with' before."

 

"Kris likes the y types right? Or the strong dominating types? You don't think he might be crushing on Lee Chaerin could you?" Bom slapped her palm across in order to stop herself from laughing out loud. Chaerinnie? And Kris? She would never even give him the time of day!

 

"I don't think so... He might be into the cute and nice types, like that Sandara Park chick." Bom couldn't help but clamp her teeth down into the inside of her lip in order to stop herself from breaking out in giggles. Dara threatened the guy only the other day. Even if she was into him Bom figured that Kris would probably be too chicken to ask her out after that.

 

"How about the quiet, elusive types? They're probably harder for him to approach. And oppa always likes a challenge. I hear there's a witch who hangs out in the library almost 24/7. Do you think she could have used her witchcraft to cast a spell on our oppa to make him fall in love with her?" Several of the girls shrugged at the possibility. Were they seriously talking about Minji right now? The poor girl has never even met the guy, let alone had any chance to 'cast a spell' on him. 'These girls really!' Bom thought as she shook her head at their ludicrous assumptions.

 

"Well it's not like he'd want to date someone like Park Bom!" One girl cackled aloud.

 

"Don't make me laugh. No one is brave enough to want to date her." The rest of the group laughed along.

 

The crouching girl rolled her eyes once more. Although the comment did sting a little, it's not like she was interested in dating anyone anyways. Bom rubbed her fingers against her nose as it was starting to feel slightly itchy from all the dust floating around beneath the bleachers. Did no body clean this gym? Unfortunately it didn't help as a familiar ticklish feeling began traveling its way up her nostrils. Bom started to panic and held her body extremely still as she pressed her palm to and nose to prevent herself from revealing her position.

 

Mm-chhhmmpp!”

 

At the sound of the muffled sneeze, the metal of the bleachers began to rattle as the fangirls seated upon it looked at each other in alarm.

 

“Did you hear that?!”

 

“Did you sneeze?”

 

“It sounded like it came from down below!”

 

“Do you think it could have been some kind of animal??”

 

By the time the girls began eyeing the trash-laden floor beneath them, Bom had long skittered the hell out of there before she was discovered. Using the time the girls were distracted searching for her, she managed to quickly sneak her way back out the gym doors and out of sight. Unbeknownst to her, a pair of eyes watched her every move in amusement.

 

 

***

 

 

At the library Bom, Dara, Chaerin met up with Minji to report their findings... or lack of rather.

 

“You came up empty too?” Chaerin and Dara frowned as Bom nodded. The girl was currently dusting off any remaining dirt that got on her uniform during her little mission. Minji sighed, devastated she couldn't help trying to dig out some dirt on Kris Wu like the others. But the rest of the girls advised her not to because it would involve having to leave the library which may cause some suspicion on the girl who supposedly never left the room.

 

“I'm afraid I got nothing either. I spied on some of the EXO members for a while earlier but all they talk about is boring boy stuff. I don't know how I expected them to dish out dirt on each other anyways...” Dara said in a disappointed tone.

 

“And no matter how much I stared down some of the Seniors that have classes with him, they kept insisting they didn't know anything about him.” Chaerin added.

 

“We can't give up though. There's no telling what he'll do with such important information on Bommie.” Dara says.

 

“It's just the first day. We'll find something on him soon. Don't worry!” Chaerin reassures.

 

“Ah, I just remembered unnie. I found some more material that might be of help for your research.” Minji piped in, catching Bom's attention. After she presented the reading material to Bom the girls decided to call it a day and continue their search the next day. Although they were disheartened with their lack of results they weren't going to let this bring them down.

 

 

***

 

 

Bom sighed as she closed the door to her locker. With all that has come up in the last few days, things have gotten pretty busy and rather stressful for her. On top of that, exams are just around the corner so that will be another thing for her to worry about. Slinging her backpack full of textbooks and research material over her shoulder, she began trudging her way outside of the school building, intent on returning home to snack on something sweet while studying.

 

A sudden tug on her arm caused for alarm and Bom found herself being dragged in a different direction than she was heading.

 

“H-hey! What are you doing?!” In her shocked and hysterical state, Bom didn't bother trying to see who had grabbed a hold of her and just began swinging her backpack at her kidnapper.

 

“L-let go of me!!” She yelled as she flailed about with her eyes squeezed shut.

 

“Ow! OW! ! Will you cut that out?!” A deep and familiar voice stopped her as she slowly opened her eyes. Towering before her was a very pissed off Kris. He patted out the wrinkles in his uniform in irritation.

 

“What the do you keep in there? Bricks?” Bom narrowed her eyes at her and sneered.

 

“Books. You know, for reading? Because this is a school... but you probably wouldn't understand.” The dragon raised a brow.

 

“Hey now... what happened to the scared little Bom that used to try to run away from me? Are you sure you're not in your other form right now?” Kris leaned in towards her, leading Bom to step back until her back hit a wall. Her brows furrowed together in fear and she held up her backpack to her chest to serve as a barrier between them. The male pressed a palm to the wall beside her and smirked. “There she is.”

 

“Why are you doing this? What if people see us?” Bom questioned, annoyed at being cornered by him once again. In a matter of seconds, large wings expanded from behind Kris and blocked the both of them from the view of anyone else that might pass by. The all-too-familiar predicament made Bom squeeze her backpack even tighter.

 

“I saw something interesting today during practice. A little mouse appeared to be spying on me from behind the bleachers.” An amused grin spread across his handsome features. Bom avoided his gaze and simply replied.

 

“I... don't know what you're talking about.”

 

“Really now? Because that mouse looked a lot like you.” The dragon mentally laughed at how Bom appeared to get more tense. “Did you miss me that much that you wanted to catch a glimpse of me? Perhaps you wanted to see me all hot and sweaty during basketball practice?”

 

Bom's mouth scrunched up in disgust. “Don't flatter yourself. I wasn't there to spy on you. I was there to spy on your loudmouthed fangirls.” Oops. Did she just confess that out loud? She mentally slapped her palm to her forehead.

 

Kris cocked his head to the side in confusion. “Those girls? Now why would you go and do that?”

 

“What is this? 21 questions? Let me go now.” Bom attempted to brush past him but he lifted his other arm and placed it on the other side of her, effectively trapping her further. The dark-haired girl glared up at him.

 

“Don't make me... use my powers on you.” She threatened in a shaky voice, a cold sweat running down her neck.

 

“I know you wouldn't purposely use your powers on me. You wouldn't risk getting caught so willingly.”

 

'Damn, why did he have to be right?' Bom mentally cursed.

 

I'm not letting you escape until you tell me why you were there today. If you weren't there to see me I don't see what use you would get out of spying on my fangirl—”

 

For blackmail okay?!” Bom finally admitted. She desperately just wanted to get out of this situation, even if it meant exposing the plan she and her friends had come up with.

 

Blackmail?”

 

Yes. I wanted to get some dirt on you to blackmail you with. I figured those girls are around you 24/7 so they're bound to know something.”

 

Why would you need to blackmail me?”

 

Are you really that dense? Dara just threatened you the other day about not revealing my secret. I didn't think that would be enough so we decided to try and find out what dark secrets you kept hidden about yourself so you could continue to keep your mouth shut and leave me alone!”

 

Ah.... so that's what this was all about.” Kris smiled at how cute Bom was acting after getting so frustrated. “As much as it saddens me that you don't trust me to keep your secret of my own free will, knowing you're willing to go that far to keep me quiet has given me a great idea.”

 

Bom gulped, not liking what she was hearing.

 

You want your secret to stay a secret?" A sinister look gracing the dragon's face, "I can grant your wish if you grant one of mine.”

 

The hooded girl hesitated as she feared the worst possibilities before replying, “W...what is your wish?”

 

Kris flashed his perfect pearly whites as he arrogantly answered.

 

 

Go on a date with me.”

 

 

***

 

Okay before you all start throwing torches and whatnot at me for having disappeared 5ever. I'm SOSOSOSOSOSOsox5000 sorry! It's just that I am currently in my final semester of university and this has been the most stressful and busy semester for me. (Srsly guys I thought I was going to die from stress and I may have had a breakdown along the way.... but at least I graduate soon!!!)

A lot of my big projects have ended so I had a bit of time to get back into writing. Tbh, I had half of this chapter written already for months but I just couldn't find the time to finish it. I can't say for sure if I can start updating regularly right now since I still have finals to worry about but please don't forget about me and this story. >___<

 

On another note, I am in LOVE with EXO's new album and “Call Me Baby”. Not so in love with the rumors about Tao. ): But honestly, I will be happy with whatever the outcome is as long as he is happy. I just want him to be able to rest and recover and be healthy and I won't hate him for anything. And that is my two cents.

 

I hope to greet you guys with a new chapter in much less time it took with this one. Thank you to some of you who have been concerned about me! See you next time guys! And thanks for sticking around still!!