The Rules for Love

Unconditional Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Liking someone doesn't mean you have to be lovers, sometimes you just have to be friends."

Min Jung found out Shin Hye is at Min Ho's place when she went to his place. She recalled back the night where he was calling and asking her for help. The girl right in front of her. Is her. The lady that night. The lady that Min Ho brought back. The lady that she helped to change. The daughter of Park Kim Soo. She looks at them, it seems something happened. She knows her brother very well. She knows there is definitely something between them. The way he treats her. The way he looks at her. Just one thing, she doesn't understand why is he being secretive to her. But one thing for sure, he is definitely in love with her. She is happy that her brother finally fall in love again. 

~~~

5 years ago....

"Noona. You look really pretty today." said Min Ho. 

"Hm." answered Min Jung. 

"Wae? You don't seem happy at all? Ain't the ladies should be excited when they are trying out their wedding gown?" Min Ho asked when he saw the face expression on Min Jung. 

"Is there such rules? Must every bride be happy when they are trying out their wedding gown?" asked Min Jung.

"Well, marrying the man that you love is the reason. Isn't it?" Min Ho looks at his sister and answers her.

"Marriage is not something simple like what you think it is. Anyway, you're still young to understand, but eventually you will" said Min Jung. 

"What do you mean by that, Noona? And by the way, stop saying I'm still young. I'm just 3 years younger than you. I can't be that young." asked Min Ho. He doesn't understand what Min Jung is saying. 

"To me, you are always young." Min Jung answered. 

~~

Few days later, Min Ho found out that the reason why Min Jung is sad about the marriage. He accidently heard the conversation between their parents. He is shocked and surprised. He quickly looks for Min Jung and asks her.

"Noona. Why didn't you tell me that this is an arranged marriage? You don't even love that man. Why do you say yes?" Min Ho asked Min Jung.

"Min Ho-ah. I didn't want to tell you because I know for sure you will react like this. Kwenchana. Chincha. I'm ok. Although I might not know who is the man that I'm going to marry in three weeks time but there is nothing I can do about it. Who knows? Maybe or eventually we will fall in love with each other after this." said Min Jung.

"Noona. B-But you can always say no. Why don't you tell them how you feel? I thought you told me that there is someone in your heart? You do have someone in your mind. What about that?" asked Min Ho.

"Min Ho. As a daughter, I can only listen and obey. As for the 'someone', let's just forget what I said. Soemetimes things can't go the way you want it to be. Is the rules for love." said Min Jung. 

She continues, "Probably Noona is not strong enough to say no. But I believe in you. My dongsaeng-ah. Remember you must not be like Noona. I know you are stronger than me. " 

"Rules for love?" Min Ho asked. He is curious of what it meant. 

"Liking someone doesn't mean you have to be lovers, sometimes you just have to be friends." Min Jung answered. 

~~

2 years later after the marriage....

"Noona. Are you sure?" asked Min Ho. 

"We already decided. Separate way is the best solution for the both of us." said Min Jung. 

"Kwenchana?" Min Ho asked Min Jung again. 

"Don't worry. I'm fine. Next week both of us will announce this officially." said Min Jung. 

"Appa. I-Is he...." Min Ho stuttering his words. 

"Don't worry about them. They already know. They should had expected this from the beginning of this marriage." said Min Jung. 

~~

Present...

"Rules for love. Now I know exactly what you mean. Liking someone doesn't mean you have to be lovers, sometimes you just have to be friends." said Min Ho to Min Jung. 

"Your case is different. Min Ho-ah. Never give up." said Min Jung. She pats on his shoulder. "Noona is always here for you. I will support you no matters what you do. Remember, stay strong." 

~~~

The third day since Shin Hye and Min Ho met. Min Ho got a call from Jong Ki. He asked to meet up. They are at a cafe. 

"Why did you quit the job?" asked Jong Ki.

"You know the answer. Bro." replied Min Ho. 

"Y-You fall for her? Chincha? Y-You actually fall for her?" asked Jong Ki. 

"What's the problem?" Jong Ki asked again. 

"Just let me be. You won't understand." said Min Ho. 

"Is it because of Kim Young Kwang?" Jong Ki looked at Min Ho and asked. 

"He is just the least problem in the list." Min Ho replied.

"Then what is the problem here? You know she is sick because of you. She doesn't know why you rejected her. She just healed from being broken and now her heart is broken into pieces again. Both of you are my best friend. Seeing her like that, it hurts me. Seeing you like this, it hurts me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter