Let It Go

Unconditional Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

But for me, it was the courage to let go of what I can't held tight onto - him.."

"Both of you have been dated for such a long time. You did wait for her before. Why now you can't do so? Young Do-ah. I had been with friends with both of you for years. I really don't want to see both of you because of some small things and go separate way. Just give her some time. Will you?" asked Jong Ki.

"I already waited long enough. Plus, it was her that initiates the break up." said Young Do. He is upset of her decision, but at the same time, he didn't want to force her. He respects her decision.

"If you think she worth it, you should wait. Try to talk to her. You know she doesn't mean it when she asked for break up. She still misses you." said Jong Ki.

"Don't make any decision that makes you regret later. Think wisely. Hope that the next time I see you, Shin Hye is besides you." continued Jong Ki. He pats on his back. He left after saying that to Young Do.

~~~

Shin Hye got a message from Young Do while on her way to the hospital. She stares at her phone screen thinking whether to reply or not. She didn't even realized that they had arrived at the hospital till Min Ho interrupts her.

"Ms Park." Min Ho calling her name.

"O-Oh. Wae?" she looked up at Min Ho and asked.

"We are here." said Min Ho.

"O-Oh. Alright." answered Shin Hye.

~~~

"Appa. Young Do Oppa texted me today. He asked to meet. Ottoke? Can you wake up and help me to solve this? I don't know what I can do..." Shin Hye is talking to her dad.

"Young Do Oppa? Family? Park Group? Why do I have to choose? I just want to be a normal person. I'm tired, Appa..." Shin Hye continues talking to her dad. Tears start forming at the corner of her eyes.

~~~

Did you cried again? This is the 4th times of the week that you had been wearing the sunglasses whenever you done visiting Mr. Park. I know you're trying to cover your red swollen eyes. But I know Min Ho saw her coming out from the entrance. She immediately puts on her sunglasses.

"Drop me at the cafe." said Shin Hye.

"Neh." answered Min Ho. He steals a glance at the rear mirror. He noticed her face expression. Did something happened? Why is she behaving this way?

~~~

"Wait here. I won't be long." said Shin Hye to Min Ho after she gets off the car.

~~~

"O-Oppa..." Shin Hye called Young Do in a soft voice.

"I got your latte for you." Young Do said to her. He placed the latte right in front of her.

"Gomawo." answered Shin Hye.

~~~

"W-What is this?" asked Shin Hye. Her eyes widened when Young Do suddenly passes her a flight ticket. 

"Your ticket to New Zealand. There is no date for this ticket. You just have to call to confirm the date to fly over. I will be flying to New Zealand by end of the month. I'm not asking you to give up everything but at least do try to think about me. I can't wait too long. If you appear at the airport on that day, I will wait for you. 6 months is the maximum time I can give you. I will wait for you in New Zealand...." said Young Do.

"What if...." Shin Hye cuts in and asked Young Do.

"We're officially over." answered Young Do. He stares deep into her eyes when saying that. "I hope to see you on that day." continued Young Do.

"Young Do-ah..." said Shin Hye.

"I'll wait for you." said Young Do.

He didn't say anything except those words. He left the cafe. Shin Hye stood there with the ticket on her hands. Min Ho saw her. Actually he saw them. Although he doesn't know what did they talked about, but looking at their face expression, he sort of guess it. Is him that caused her to be acting this way. Her nervousness, her sadness, her emptiness, everything about her is affected because of the man. The man that just left the cafe. Is it him? The guy that night? He wondered.

It was the night where he saw Shin Hye for the first time. He didn't manage to see Young Do's face clearly that night but he is sure that the man that just walked out from the cafe is the same guy with Shin Hye. He was the guy. The heartless man.

"Young Do-ah. Is not like I don't want to go with you. But then, the company...and Shin Woo...Appa still---" Shin Hye is telling him why she can't go with him. He cuts in "Is always about the company, Shin Woo and your father. How about me? The company has Jong Ki, so why are you still worry about that? You can always remote monitor it. Shin Woo. He is already a grown up teenagers, he can looks after himself. Your father, there is Doctor Soo and the nurse taking care of him. If anything, we could always fly back." argued Young Do. 

"How can I leave them just like this? The company---" before she could finished her sentences, he cuts off her "Eventually the company will be Shin Woo. You were not interested at all. Why don't you leave it to him? He can learn now how to manage the company. Jong Ki will be there to guide him..." said Young Do.

"How can I leave the company to Shin Woo? He is just 15 years old. And that is Appa's company. I-I just can't----" said Shin Hye, she couldn't finished her sentences, she is tearing badly. 

"2 year ago, you said you will follow me to New Zealand. We will start our life there. Then, because of your father, the plan got delayed. Fine. I waited. You said you just needed 3 months to make sure everything is fine. I waited. And then, you asked me to wait for another 6 months. I did. But now..it seems like you so enjoy being an acting CEO of the company, you just forget about our dream, you promise to me." said Young Do. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter