Siwon's shot!

That town called Mamacita

“Hey, we should get this over to Heechul.” Jungsu whispers to Shindong as they hide in a shed behind the barber shop with the box.

“Do you think Kyuhyun’s going to let us just hand this over to Heechul without getting his cut?” Shindong whispers.

They haven’t seen the gambler since he’d opened the lock up on the box, and left the key in the lock for them. Jungsu shrugs. “If we can get it to Heechul, we can tell him about the gambler and his blackmail. Maybe Heechul will figure out how to placate the man without causing a scene or something.” He whispers back.

They’d heard some footsteps not long after they’d hidden in the shed, so whispering was the only sure fire way they wouldn’t get caught before they got the crown to Heechul. After waiting for what seemed like forever, Shindong poked his head out of the shed, and then waved at Jungsu, who’s still holding the box, to follow him silently.

They barely get around the corner of Ryeowook’s barber shop when the audible click of a gun sounds in the unnatural stillness of the dusty main street. “Stop right there!” The bounty hunter shouts, gun pointed directly at them.

“Go. I got this.” Shindong’s determined to get Jungsu to Heechul so badly that he’s willing to risk his life for the money. The long handled hammer Shindong’s got in his hand is set on the ground.

“Be safe.” Jungsu crowds behind Shindong as he maneuvers Jungsu around Donghae, the blacksmith acting as a shield against the gun pointed at them.

Shindong feels more than hears Jungsu moving away from him as he spots Donghae shifting toward the outlaw. “Oh no you don’t.” Shindong growls at the bounty hunter, moving toward him in an effort to distract Donghae more from going after Jungsu.

Donghae blinks as Shindong grasps the end of the gun. “Go! Go!’ Shindong shouts to Jungsu, watching the man run off down the street with the box.

Ryeowook stares as the blacksmith and the bounty hunter are tugging back and forth on the gun blinking and almost screaming like a girl when Shindong manages to maneuver the gun pointing away from him, but off to where Ryeowook had been dusting off his outdoor washbasin. “Point that thing away from me!” He screeches at Donghae in shock.

“I’m trying!’ Donghae grits his teeth, his efforts to repoint the gun back at Shindong are failing only because the blacksmith is a lot stronger than he had figured until he jerks off to the side, reinitiating their tug and pull game some more.

“Yahh!!!” Ryeowook sees an opening to step in and help the bounty hunter out, screaming as he jumps in when Donghae manages to get the gun pointed at Shindong. The two men stumble over each other, surprised at the loud scream that emits from the petite man.

Shindong falls down on the dusty ground, paralyzed for a second as Ryeowook comes at him with his shaving cream brush. He’s suddenly surrounded by Donghae’s arms as the man grabs a hold of him, acting faster than the blacksmith so he doesn’t get away.

Ryeowook torments Shindong as Donghae’s got the gun pointed at the man’s head, laughing as Shindong shakes in terror at Ryeowook being so bold and aggressive.

“Alright!” Shindong screams. “I surrender!”

Siwon’s excited and anxious now that he’s talked to Kyuhyun and as he rounds the corner to the main street to Mamacita, he hears Shindong desperately yelling something about surrender. He skids to a halt in front of Ryeowook’s shop, surprised to see Shindong being held in the Barber’s outdoor chair, tied up with his arms behind him, and both Ryeowook and Donghae keeping the man agitated with one of the blow fans and the shaving cream brush.

“I see you have a handful there.” Siwon chuckles as he calmly saunters over to them.

“We got this Sheriff. You go find the thief.” Donghae tells him. “He ran off down the street towards the bar, but we didn’t see where he went because of this guy.” He blows another puff of air at the blacksmith, who shudders and growls at the sensation.

“Good.” Siwon nods. “I’m off!” He moves over to where Kyuhyun’s usual spot, surprised, but yet, not surprised the lanky gambler has managed to sneak back to his place without anyone else noticing him.

Kyuhyun nods at him, shuffling cards as one of the girls in town comes over to chat, apparently unphased by all the commotion. Heechul comes out of his bar, his rifle in his hand, and nods at Siwon. “No thief here so far.” He tells the older man, shouldering his gun. “I’m fully prepared to defend my property.” He adds as Sally walks out of the bar behind him.

Siwon nods, opening his mouth to tell Heechul to be extremely careful, knowing that Kyuhyun’s watching the bar owner like a hawk when he hears laughter across the street. “Yah!” Siwon rushes over to where a red sheet flaps in the wind.

Sungmin’s been in and out of the bank to check, double check and triple check the locks on his transport wagon since he’d woken up after Shindong had knocked him out. He still can’t believe the passive blacksmith was helping Leeteuk out.

Sungmin’s startled by the sudden commotion next to him, where Siwon’s accosted Eunhyuk. “Hey! You haven’t seen that thief around here, have you?” He growls.

“N-no Sheriff.” Eunhyuk stutters, shocked that Siwon’s manhandling him. He’s always been treated well by the older man, and this sudden change in behavior scares him.

“Gahh where are you!” Siwon screams suddenly, frustration at a breaking point as he suddenly shoots of his gun in the air over the buildings.

“Hey! Pabo!” A voice screams at Siwon from across the street.

Turning, Siwon sees the thief, sporting a sinister smile, holding the stolen box in one arm as he steps out from the alley in between Heechul’s bar and the general store.

Siwon steps toward the man, a cold chill running down his spine at the smile Leeteuk sports, eyes widening as the thief raises his right arm, a short pistol in his hand. Before anyone else can move, Leeteuk lets a shot off at the Sheriff, laughing as the shot hits the other man.

“Oh my god!” One of the girls scream as Siwon feels the bullet hit, his reflexes slowed by his frustration and the sudden appearance of Leeteuk.

Siwon looks up at the thief, who is still cackling madly as Siwon’s hand comes up to cover where he felt the bullet hit him. Leeteuk blows the smoke still coming off the short barrel of the gun as Siwon turns, a disbelieving look on his face as he falls backwards on the dusty street.

Donghae, Ryeowook and Shindong all stare at the scene, shock across their faces. Shindong can’t believe that he’d agreed to partner with a man who’d resort to murder to get money.

Heechul’s got his rifle pointed at the thief, though deep down inside he’s silently cheering Jungsu for altering their plan. If the Sheriff had gotten any wind of his plans to get that crown and move to Seoul, his days of freedom would be over.

Siwon’s eyes close as he goes down, pretty sure he’s dead and doesn’t even know it yet as Eunhyuk stares in disbelief at the scene that happened right in front of him. The lady he is with is turning her head, already crying and clinging to him.

Sungmin looks up at the moment he’d heard the gun shots from Siwon, only to see the box that Leeteuk stole under the man’s arm. He bites his fingers, wanting to rush over to the other man to steal his box back, and took a tentative step forward when Leeteuk raised that pistol and shot the Sheriff.

No one notices Kyuhyun shuffling his cards at the table, unfazed by the turn of events, a smirk on his face. He’s never seen Siwon get so worked up that the man can’t slingshot a gun into a suspect’s face before.

Leeteuk lets out one last laugh, turning and sauntering away from where he’d just shot Siwon, knowing that Heechul’s got his rifle trained on him. He’s 99% sure that the older man won’t shoot him.

Siwon’s eyes pop open the moment he realizes that he’s not dead and that he’s not even injured. He feels around the area he was sure he’d been hit in, finding his badge and pulling it off his coat. The star has a neat mark of a bullet on it, the metal bent backward where it had been hit.

“Holy .” The man mutters, realizing he’d really come close to death and that if it hadn’t been for the badge he’d been ready to throw away in Heechul’s bar the day before, he really would have been dead.

Without missing a beat, Siwon’s up, gun still in his hand as he glances around, and cautiously, but quickly sets off down the alley that Leeteuk had disappeared into.


A/N: Holy hell, sorry for the wait everyone!! Honestly the past 2 days have been hell for me. I barely got any sleep Sunday and Monday nights, bombed my test that I spent a whole day studying for and to top it all off, had to deal with some pointless child tantrum like fits in a convention staff page of which I now no longer staff for. They didn't respect me as a human being, and that just don't fly with me (pardon the french).

Anyway, so I was intending to have this chapter edited and posted over my lunch break but after the yesterday, and the lack of sleep, I woke up this morning with a massive migraine and spent most of the morning/afternoon in bed instead of at school. The weather here isn't helping as it's been raining almost non-stop since 11am CST. 

Lastly, I feel so bad for Jessica getting kicked out of SNSD when she wasn't ready to do so. Now it makes sense to me why none of the other SNSD members branched out into non idol things and would only do variety shows, and musicals since apparently the agency was all for Jessica doing her business until it came time to start group promos. *crosses fingers nothing else bad happens* 

I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter! As always, let me know what you think!