The Plan and Park Jungsu

That town called Mamacita

Park Jungsu was normally a patient man, but this time, he was starting to get irritated. His last job had been almost a month ago, and he’s getting low on supplies in his small hideout south of Mamacita in an off the beaten trail hunting cabin that hadn’t seen an inhabitant for several years.

“Damn that man.” He grumbles, kicking at an empty box that had once held firewood. As much as it gets hot in the summer in this county, he’s got to deal with an old wood stove to use for cooking instead of the newer gas models that are becoming standard. Stomach growling, Jungsu picks through the pile of boxes and sighs as the only thing he can find left is some ramen that he’s been loath to eat because it requires hot water.

Just as he’s about to light the stove to boil water for the ramen, his stomach protesting loudly at him for being empty, a series of knocks on the door alerted him to his benefactor finally showing up, 2 days later than expected.

“Bout time you got here.” Jungsu grumbled, opening up the door to him.

“Hey, a bar doesn’t run itself now does it?” Heechul grumbled, shoving a heavy box into Jungu’s arms. “Here is one box of supplies.” He grabbed another box that was at his feet.

“You couldn’t bring any more?” Jungsu’s pulling the makings for a sandwich out of the bag that’s packed full of cold items and had been hidden under some other things.

Heechul huffed. “You’re welcome.” He grumbled. “No. I couldn’t risk bringing any more this time. We got a visitor in town that’s taking a vacation from gambling, and I don’t know how he goes with the law quite yet.” He explains to Jungsu, pulling the empty boxes away from the wall to set the new ones down. “That and it’s been slower than normal at the bar because of the heat so I don’t have as much to spare right now.”

Jungsu nodded as he placed the remaining cold items back into the bag and placed it into the small icebox he’s managed to keep cold despite the hotter than normal summer. “So, you said there was a visiting vacationer in town? Are you sure he’s not a bounty hunter?”

“I’m sure he’s not a bounty hunter. We did have one show up the day after the gambler showed up, but he was just visiting on his way through to Yangju.” Heechul replied. “Sally got some information out of the man and I think he could be useful.”

Jungsu sighed blissfully as he bit into his sandwich, the action causing him to slink down into a chair before registering what Heechul had said. “Do you think he’s a rogue gambler who’s hiding from the law?” He asks around his food.

Heechul’s face twists into an odd combination of amusement and disgust. “Please, finish your bite before you speak.” He groans. “The way Sally has it, the gambler’s been in a bit of a bad streak recently and decided to get away from the gambling circuits to recoup his losses.” He shifted positions, a sign that he had a plan he wanted to discuss before he left for the day.

“What’s the plan you are thinking of?” Jungsu asked as he swallowed the last bit of his sandwich. He’d scarfed the thing down so fast he’s surprised he hadn’t choked on it.

Heechul smiled. “Since the bar has been lacking in business lately, I was thinking that you could make an appearance in Mamacita while I’m out of town and try to rob the bar. Let yourself get captured, and that idiot of a Sheriff will celebrate so much that he’ll spend every bit of his recent reward money at the bar buying shots for the townspeople. In the meantime, while everyone is busy getting drunk, Shindong is going to bail you out of the jail and then the Sheriff will be heartbroken and broke, while I’ll be able to pay off the last bit of debt I owe to my uncle in Seoul.” He started.

Jungsu smiled, the plan perfect in his eyes. Heechul paying off his uncle will mean that Jungsu can hide on the second floor of the bar instead of the tiny cabin without fear of being caught. “When do I start?”