Breaking into the Box

That town called Mamacita

Shindong goes back to working his forge the next day, and Jungsu stays in the blacksmith’s house, hiding low. Siwon’s beside himself with anger at the whole situation and Kyuhyun chooses to stay away from the Sheriff for the time being as Siwon’s been the only person ever in his entire life to call Kyuhyun’s bluffs and knows when the younger man is lying.

Siwon still won’t tell Kyuhyun what it is that tips him off to the younger’s lies and bluffs and it’s a sore point between the two friends. Ryeowook’s contently cleaning off some equipment in the afternoon after a particularly messy client when he spots a gaggle of the girls who usually follow Eunhyuk around sitting in front of the bank, all eyes focused on Kyuhyun as he’s doing some silly card tricks to please the girls.

Eunhyuk’s content to stand off in front of the Sheriff’s office, having already clued Kyuhyun that the bounty hunter Donghae’s back in town and Kyuhyun wants a clear distraction for when Shindong brings Jungsu and the box into his blacksmith shop to try and open it.

Kyuhyun hasn’t told them yet he has the key to the box, it’s one of the few key sets that Shindong doesn’t have access to from his set of molds.

Eunhyuk’s constant posturing of his moves for bull fighting is distracting Kyuhyun, who’s attempting to listen to the not so subtle conversation that Donghae and Siwon are having in the office, with Donghae apparently being very upset that Siwon’s let Jungsu get away.

The girls are oohing and aahing as Kyuhyun pulls out another card and plays silly magician with it, the card to his lips. He feels awkward and a bit on the spot as he tries to come up with new ways to keep the girls entertained. The moment he waits for arrives as Donghae comes out of the office, the wanted poster in his hands of Jungsu and proceeds to go into bounty hunter mode.

Kyuhyun’s doing one more card trick for the girls when Donghae pulls on Eunhyuk’s foot, causing the bull fighter to come off balance. “Hey, have you seen this guy around town today?” Donghae asks, eyes wide as he points to the picture on the poster.

“Nope, haven’t seen him at all today.” Eunhyuk says.

“If you do see him, please tell the Sheriff or find me.” Donghae says as a man walking backwards who seems to be holding a box bumps into him.

“Hey, mister. Have you seen this guy? He’s wanted for theft.” Donghae asks, pointing at the picture as Eunhyuk turns to Kyuhyun and makes a motion with his fingers.

Jungsu plays his role well, pretending to not have seen the man in the picture, laughing and blinking his eyes like he doesn’t comprehend much and hasn’t really said a word to Donghae. Kyuhyun looks over, concern lacing his face as the whole plan to oust Jungsu’s mastermind partner could be derailed by the hotheaded bounty hunter.

Kyuhyun knows from interacting with Shindong the day before that the blacksmith isn’t the mastermind behind Jungsu, and so Kyuhyun’s hoping that he’ll get at least a bit of a lead on the other man before Jungsu’s arrested again.

Donghae’s telling Jungsu to get a hold of him if he spots the man when Jungsu panics, screams and runs away.

Donghae blinks, startled by the sudden scream and looks over at Eunhyuk before realizing that the man he’d just been talking too was in fact the man on the poster.

Kyuhyun’s so startled by Jungsu’s sudden scream, he throws a card out in front of the girls and as they follow the card, realize that Eunhyuk’s been in front of them and they run toward the man, inadvertently becoming a part of the distraction Kyuhyun’s set up as Donghae finishes putting two and two together.

Eunhyuk’s about to follow Donghae as the bounty hunter turns to chase after Jungsu, but the bull fighter is accosted by the girls as they start fawning over him and kissing him. Eunhyuk’s pretty much done as the distraction, Kyuhyun thinks as Donghae sprints past him.

Thankfully Jungsu’s got enough of a lead over the bounty hunter that he’s able to hide with the box before Shindong and Kyuhyun find him, carefully escorting him to the blacksmith’s shop.

Kyuhyun chooses to stand and stare off in the distance playing with his cards, getting a feel for being more dramatic while Shindong and Jungsu attempt to open the box.

“Yah, let’s use this.” Shindong tries to break the hinges off with a mallet, then cutting them with a pair of blacksmith scissors.

“No, no, no, let’s use this.” Jungsu points to the blowtorch, a tool that Shindong had recently purchased.  “Ooh that’s hot.” Jungsu laughs as Shindong blows on the fire over the box.

“Let’s try this.” Shindong grabs the metal shaver, attempting, and failing to break open the lid.

Nothing is working and Shindong and Jungsu are frustrated they won’t be able to get the crown out when suddenly Kyuhyun snaps out of his playing and pulls the key out of his pocket, opening the box up as he smirks.

“How?” Shindong’s eyes grow big as the crown is revealed.

“Oooh.” Jungsu’s eyes are practically bugging out of his head, his mouth open as Kyuhyun pulls the crown out, smirking as he holds it in the air before putting it back in the box and shuffling his cards in satisfaction.

Siwon’s gotten some random tip from one of the residents and has been running around the town trying to find Jungsu and has spotted Donghae hovering around the main part of town in case Jungsu makes a break for the main roads when Kyuhyun waves him over from one of the residential houses. “Hyung, I’ve got a plan.” He smiles at Siwon.

“What do you mean? I’m a bit busy trying to catch a thief.” Siwon snaps, patience gone.

“Oh, you’ll catch him alright. And you’ll catch the mastermind behind him.” Kyuhyun reveals.

Siwon stops, eyes twitching. “What do you mean?” He’s intrigued by what Kyuhyun’s just said.

“Jungsu’s not smart enough to have done all those jobs on his own.” Kyuhyun says. “I’m betting that there is someone behind him calling the shots. Oh and before I forget, they’ve managed to rope Shindong the blacksmith into their schemes too.”

“Shindong’s involved?!” Siwon whisper-shrieked in shock.

“He owes money to the bank. While I couldn’t get much detail out of them, I did blackmail them a little into letting me in on their plan.” Kyuhyun admits. “So far they’ve managed to get the box open, and I think they are going to try and take it to their master planner.”

“Who do you think it is?” Siwon’s known for a while now that Kyuhyun’s got a list of suspects for something, and if it’s a list of possible people behind Jungsu, then Siwon’s confident that Kyuhyun’s got a good hunch on who it is.

“Heechul.” Kyuhyun says, frowning. “But the thing is, Heechul’s as clean as a whistle. I had his background checked and the only thing he has is that he co-owns the bar with his uncle in Seoul and has been paying the man money from the bar in order to buy his uncles shares outright.”

“Do you think maybe Heechul wants whatever’s in the box so he can pay off the last bit of his uncle’s shares in the bar?” Siwon asks.

Kyuhyun smiles at the Sheriff. “Bingo.” He says, pointing at him. “That would be the missing piece I couldn’t figure out.”


A/N: wow! 12 subs! *waves* HI all my lovely subs!!! I am thinking if this story gets 50 subs I will gift one random subber a choice of a one shot or becoming a character in my next story. Sound good? *grins*