The Prince Of My Heart (2/3)

Kyuhyun Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Pic don't belong to me. Credit to: Xiao♥)

 

Kyuhyun waited for Moon Hee at the royal gardens. Moon Hee finishes her job as quick as a flash. She went back to the kitchen, took off her apron and went to the garden. "Your Highness!" she called. Kyuhyun was glad that she came. "There you are. Shall we take a stroll?" And together, the two went for a lovely stroll. "This is so awkward," whispered Moon Hee. "Why do you say that?" asked Kyuhyun. "Because I never been on a stroll with a prince," replied Moon Hee, too shy to look at him. Kyuhyun chuckled. "Well, consider yourself lucky." 

Moon Hee giggled with agreement. She is consider a lucky person out of the entire servants in the palace. "Your Highness?" Kyuhyun heard it and respond to the call. "Yes?" he said. "Are you always this free? Don't you have royal duties or anything?" Moon Hee asked her question. "Of course I do. But it's quite stressful for me," said Kyuhyun. Then, he hung his head downand frown. "And anyways, I have to be ready when I become the future king, which I was afraid to take that position."

"Why?"

"Because I feel that I'm not ready to become king. Being a king is quite a big responsibility for the country. People will look to me for wisdom and help. I'm.....just afraid....that I can't be a perfect king."

Moon Hee felt sorry for the prince. "You don't have to be perfect to become a king. All you have to do is to do what is good for the people and the country. There will be challenges ahead but you will be able to overcome them. Hear me out, Your Highness. I think you will become a good king, no matter what. We trust you. I do too." Kyuhyun turned to look at her. "Do you really think so?" Moon Hee nodded her head. Kyuhyun just smile at her. "Thanks for the encouragement, Moon Hee. You are my most loyal servant ever. That's what I like." 

Moon Hee smile back. "Thanks." She and Kyuhyun made it all the way back to where they started. "I had a lovely time. Thank you," she said with a bow. "Anytime," said Kyuhyun. After saying their good byes, he decide to go to his room. However, he saw some of the servants crying outside his parents' room. "What is going on?" asked Kyuhyun. One of them rushed over to him. "Oh, Your Highness! Something tragic happened to your father! He's dead!" she wailed.

With a panic heart, rushed inside the bedroom. The Queen was sobbing with her handkerchief. "I'm sorry, Your Majesty," the doctor apologize. "The King is dead. There was no cure for poisons." The Queen just thanked him and the doctor left. Kyuhyun could see his father asleep, cold and dead. "It couldn't be.....? Father....." He has no more words to say. "Who could have poison my sweet darling?" asked the Queen, who is still sobbing. Kyuhyun just watch his dead father with a sad face while comforting his mother.

It was a sad day for the royal family. The next day, the whole country heard about the news and felt sad about their king. They solemnly pay their respects and dedication to their beloved ruler. At the royal cemetery, Kyuhyun and his family watched the King's coffin being buried with their faces ashen. As for the King's brother, he was delighted that the plan works. Now, he must find a way to get rid of the son before he could become king. 

Now that the King is dead, Kyuhyun has to become next king. "It's for the country's sake, son," the Queen advise. Alas, Kyuhyun must give in and take over. "When will the coronation take place, mother?" he asked. "Right on your birthday, which is next week," replied the Queen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter