draft

angst bunnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boy's face was once again taken over by boredom. "Oh, hi," he said.

Lay blinked once and coughed awkwardly. "Sehun," he uttered as the boy in question ducked back behind the bookshelf. "What are you doing here?" Lay asked, and immediately regretted it. Sehun was sitting on the ground, surrounded by books. Anyone could guess what he was doing.

"Hiding from Tao," Sehun said. "He likes me too much."

The reply made Lay feel a little less socially awkward. He took it as a signal that Sehun didn't object to presence and he sat down too.  "I'm always hiding from him. He hates me too much."

Sehun chuckled and looked up from the open book in his lap. "You seem like a nice person, but I'm not going to question Tao," he said with a small smile. "Anyway, any recs?"

"Huh?"

"Any book reccomendations," Sehun elaborated.

"Oh."

Lay's cheeks flushed for whatever reason and he began looking at the books on the shelf nearest to him, running a finger down the spines. "What books do you like?"

"Anything. Dark or thought-provoking ones are the best though."

"Oedipus? The Picture of Dorian Gray? Pale Fire? The Handmaid's Tale? Les Miserables?" Lay rattled off the first books that came to mind.

"Oh please," Sehun scoffed. "Do you think I'm an uncultured peasant? Tell me something I haven't read before." Lay gave him a look and Sehun laughed. "What?" he asked innocently. "I need new stuff."

Lay rolled his eyes although, deep down, he was pleasantly surprised. He wasn't sure what his first impression of the boy was, but he wasn't expecting Sehun to be a fan of classic literature. "Uh . . . What about 48 Hours? It's psychological and twisted, and I bet you haven't read it before."

Sehun looked at him interest. "I'll read it if you can find it in here."

Lay narrowed his eyes and pulled himself to his feet without another word. The library was huge and well-stocked with both classic and obscure titles, but its organization was . He groaned as he scoured yet another shelf, his eyes straining and his back aching, and Sehun's snicker traveled from somewhere in the room. 

 

"Did you make that book up?" Sehun called.

"Patience, you lil' !"

 

What is the point? he complained to himself, but he kept

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter