[_] baozi galore (musings of a waitress)

angst bunnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

in which I rant about life and fantasize about hot guys during work.

 

"Baozi Galore. Ho may I help you?"

"Pickup? Okay, can I have your number please?"

"Mr. Lu, is that correct?"

"Alright, what would you like to order today?"

"Okay, let me repeat your order. Two orders of steamed buns and one order of xiao longbao, no MSG?"

"Great. It will be ready for you to pickup in about ten to fifteen minutes. Thank you!"

 

 

Usually, I'd go "Hello, are you here for dining in or pickup?" when someone walks through the door. But it's Kyungsoo, a man who doesn't talk much and also doesn't need to talk because he's been here forever. He walks to his table by the corner and I don't even give him the menu. I just punch his usual order into the computer and get a bowl of eggdrop soup from the kitchen. He acknowledges me with his large unblinking eyes when I place it in front of him and I smile a little.

He always comes when there's no other customers, so I never have anything to do. I just stand there by my station and study him. It's not creepy, I swear. He's kind of attractive. Like, not hot or y, but really nice to look at. Nice to stare at instead of doing my job. Oops.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter