Quotes

angst bunnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured? -Nietzsche

 

The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it- William Mather Lewis

 

You never realise the holes a person leaves behind until you fall into them. -Neal Shusterman

 

From time to time a smile and a sigh met upon his lips, but the smile was far sadder than the sigh - Victor Hugo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

 

He could not guess the fury with which the sea if human passion bubbles and boils when it is denied all outlet; how it gathers and grows, how it swells, how it overflows, how it wears away the heart, how it breaks forth in repressed sobs and stifled convulsions, until it has rent its dikes and burst its bed. -Victor Hugo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

 

You'll give third chances, fourth chances, fifth, sixth, and seventh chances, and before you know it, the tally's at a hundred and your heart is in a million pieces - strange seas (Suits)

 

We both smack the sudden silence with laughter. When it returns, we hit it again. The laughter spins in front of us and we keep hitting it. -Markus Zusak (I am the Messenger)

 

Be true! Be true! Show freely to the world, if not your worst, yet some trait whereby the worst may be inferred. -Nathaniel Hawthorne (The Scarlet Letter)

 

It is a curious subject of observation and inquiry, whether hatred and love be not the same thing at bottom. -Nathaniel Hawthorne (The Scarlet Letter)

 

Hell is empty and all the devils are here- Shakespeare

 

There was a living room, which the family called the front room, and the bedroom, where all the living was done. -Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

 

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo (if I cannot move the heaven, I will raise hell.)

 

The pain of the spikes where I had sight, the flooding pain of memory, never to be gouged out. - Sophocles (Oedipus Rex)

 

The worst is not so long as we can say "This i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter