Accepting Mom, Key Explaining

Finally, Something Positive

 

Minho's POV

Taemin and I moved closer to his mother's bed, not once did I allow his hand to leave mine. I was beginning to feel a bit nervous, this was definitely not what I had planned when it came to confessing to him on his birthday- and in front of his mother, no less!

"Taemin," She turned to my new boyfriend first, "Do you really love this boy?"

"Yes, very much, mother." She gave him a soft smile, and it warmed my heart to see the way she looked at her son- then she turned to me.

"Minho, I presume?"

"Yes, ma'am, it's nice to meet-"

"Oh! Forget the formalities! Do you love my son?"

I pulled his hand up to my chest and looked into his eyes when he turned his head, "More than I can ever put into words."

"Alright! That settles it!" I turned to her a little stunned.

"W-w-what?"

"Taemin loves you, you love Taemin. I can see how much you care for each other just by the way you look at each other. That is pure and real true love. Do not let go of it."

"You don't mind that your son is dating another male? Your not going to ask me what I do for a living?"

"My son loves you, why should I judge you any differently than he does? Also, what you are doing now won't matter in the future, I have faith in you, Minho. Your eyes show what you can not voice out loud, you would go to the ends of the Earth for Taemin, wouldn't you?"

I nodded my head, "And beyond that ma'am."

"Call me mom!" She smiled.

"Alright," This felt a little strange because we just met but, "Mom." I glanced at Taemin to see him beaming with happiness.

"Mom," Taemin spoke up, "We should go get the kids from Key."

"Okay, okay! Hurry up and bring them back!"

Once we had made our way down the stairs I paused, "You know Key is probably going to kill us, right?"

He giggled, "Nope! He won't kill us, I'll just act and pout a little and convince him to let it slide."

We headed out the door and across the street. We had barely held up a hand to knock on Key's door when it flung open. "THERE YOU ARE! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS? WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG FOR YOU TO COME OUT AFTER THAT MAN LEFT? I SAW HIM LEAVE! YOU CAN NOT LIE TO ME FROGGY!"

"Key-umma." Taemin pouted. "We didn't have a choice! We convinced him to leave and then my mother wanted to talk." Key seemed to have calmed down, at least a little.

"Why did your mother want to talk? Is she okay?"

"She's fine. It's just..." He looked at me, I smiled and took over.

"We became a couple in front of Mom and that man, so she wanted to talk to us a little about that."

"Oh, okay she's fine..." Key's eyes suddenly widened, "YOU BECAME A COUPLE?!"

I felt my smile broaden, "Yes."

There was a moment where I thought Key was going to explode and start attacking me like an overprotective mother ready to kill. But all of a sudden, his entire demeanor changed. His smile grew to ten times what I had ever seen it be before and his eyes shone with what appeared to be tears. "FINALLY!" A few tears slid down his cheeks- wait, what?

"Finally?"

"Minho, do you really think I'm always that overprotective of Minnie? I knew that my overprotective act would push you to really think about what you are feeling, and eventually you would admit you either fell for Taemin, or you were just intrigued by him. I mean, I really care for Taemin- but come on now, some of that was so obviously an act!" Key let out a slight laugh.

"Well that explains so much..." I heard Taemin mumble beside me.

"YAH! Key, are you serious?" Not that I don't appreciate his efforts... but he can be so annoying sometimes!

Key smirked, "Well, Frog, if I do recall correctly... There was a certain someone who had been begging me to help him find his 'mystery person.'"

I felt myself blush. This turned to be a part of the story that Taemin hadn't heard yet and he turned to me for the answer.

"Minho-hyung?"

My blush deepened, "I asked Key to help me find you after you saved me that time."

All of a sudden, Taemin pulled me in for a hug. I'm glad that I confessed already now, because I know that he's mine. My 'mystery person,' is finally mine.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N And that's still not all she wrote yet! ^-^ We're nearing the end though, but I might not be able to finish this for a couple of days. It's currently 1:35 in the morning and I have to be up at 7 for work. So, I'm sorry for the delay!

Thanks to all who have subscribed, read, and commented thus far! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and will continue to enjoy it until it's finished!

~BaiLingLing <3