Is Key Helping Me?

Finally, Something Positive

Minho's POV

As soon as I entered the living room, I kicked my shoes off near the couch and laid down. I was kind of tired so I closed my eyes while continuing to process what Key and I had talked about. I must have started to doze because all of a sudden there was a pressure on me that hadn't been there before. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Taemin- with his eyes closed. My mind flashed back to what I had been thinking about. Key's voice echoing through my mind, "You. Like. Him." As I looked at Taemin wihle he was laid sprawled across my body with at least one leg hanging off the couch onto the floor, I felt my cheeks start to burn and my heart rate skyrocket. How is that possible? I didn't even really know Taemin until today and yet- he makes me feel this way?

I don't know what to do, nor how I am supposed to react. My body decides- without asking my mind- that it would be a great idea to sit up- BAD IDEA. As soon as I do, Taemin starts to fall to the floor- I can't let him fall because of me! I wrap my arms around Taemin's waist and pull him up- just to fall back again onto the couch. This time; however, his face is within inches of mine. I can feel his breath hitting my face and the intimacy of our position does not escape my attention- what does is my next action. Somewhere between noticing his breathing to Key coming in from the kitchen and ripping him off of me I press my lips to his. Gently, but the pressure was still there. But, I think what surprised me the most was feeling him place an equal amount of pressure to my lips. It's a simple, chaste, closed-mouthed kiss- but it was enough to send a shock through my body.

I had wanted to delve deeper into the kiss, but of course that was the moment Key had yanked Taemin away from me. My eyes were still adjusting to the sudden light (I guess Key the lights before taking Taemin away). Key placed Taemin on his feet a few feet away from me.

"You." He pointed at Taemin, "In the kitchen, now." Taemin blinked before glancing at me and running into the kitchen. Once Taemin was out of sight Key turned to me again. "You." Now the finger faced my direction, "We need to have a talk." His eyes spoke volumes. Okay, it was mostly anger and something I didn't want to even try to read.

I simply nodded, "Alright."

Key lead me out front of Taemin's house and we sat down on the front steps. I realized I hadn't put my shoes back on when the contact with the cool sidewalk made my feet feel like they were in a tub of ice. "You like him. You can't deny it after what I just saw, Minho. You like Taemin." I looked up at Key.

"I can't deny... that I feel... something, for Taemin. But-"

"Choi Minho. You like him. You kissed him for goodness' sake! You like him!"

Key can be so infuriating sometimes! There are somethings that a person is supposed to discover on their own! How can he just declare that I feel a certain way towards someone? "How would you know something like that, Key? Huh? Answer me that?"

"You mean other than me walking in on you kissing him?" I nod, what am I supposed to do? It was a stupid question but, a guy doesn't need his best friend to tell him when he's developing feelings for someone- especially not another guy! "Well, you blush around him, and I'm just taking a guess here- but whenever you're near him your heart begins to race." I can practically feel my eyes widening, "Oh, and let's revisit that kiss, shall we? I can tell just by the face you had when I pulled you two apart that you had felt something! What was it? Like you were walking on clouds? No, that's too cheesy for you... Ah! You felt a spark!" I must have shown something on my face, his grin turned into a know-it-all smirk, "You did, didn't you? That settles it Minho. There's no way on this planet you can deny it now! You like Taemin!"

Dang it! This guy is way too observant! "Fine, I might lik-"

"You DO like."

"Taemin."

"At least you're willing to admit it now." His smirk grew wider. "Now, you just come back inside and sit on the couch like a god little lover-boy and I'm going to go talk to your not-so-secret crush." I was about to reply when he spoke again, "If you're good I'll let you sleep over my house." 

His house? The house that was right across the street? Seriously! I'm not sure if he's angry with me or trying to help me! Pushing my thoughts aside I follow him back into the house and sit on the couch glancing at my shoes. They were a little offset from where I had placed them earlier, but I guess I should just relax and get ready to go. But there's one thing that's been bugging me- does Taemin like me to?