Talking With Key, Round 2

Finally, Something Positive

Taemin's POV

After Minho-hyung left the kitchen fell disturbingly quiet- a little to quiet with Key-umma being present. I looked at him to discover that he had been staring at me the entire time.

"Minnie, what happened the other day? Minho said something about being rescued..."

My eyes widened, I never told Key about that incident- I knew he hated the thought that I might be put into danger. "Well, he had zoned out when a group of guys cornered him. I happened to be passing by on my way to the dance studio and noticed the situation. So, without thinking, I grabbed his hand and ran. That's all there is to it! No one got hurt, and no one threw a punch. Honestly, those guys he had been cornered by were just drunk again anyway."

"Again?" Oops! I slipped again.

"I ran into them once before and the elderly lady who runs the craft store downtown saved me. That's all, honestly!" The aura Key was giving off scared me a little, okay- a lot.

After taking a few breaths, he seemed to calm down. "Minnie, another question."

"Yes?"

"Tonight, why did you run away from me with Minho?"

That question stunned me. I really had no idea why I ran away from Key-umma with Minho, well I had a slight idea... I think. "Because you looked like you were ready to kill someone and I couldn't let that happen! Especially not YOU killing Minho-hyung! That just- just-" I couldn't continue my sentence that just- what? What am I thinking exactly?

I looked up when I hear Key-umma groan. "Not you too!"

I tilted my head, "Key-umma?"

"Minnie. How would you feel if I told you I was the one who was going to visit you for you lunch break tomorrow?"

"Of course I'd be happy, Key-umma!" I smiled.

"Okay, good." He smiled back, "Now what if I told you that it was just going to be you and Minho?"

My heart fluttered and I felt inexplicably giddy, "I'd be happy as well then!" I continued to smile while trying to sound the same as I had previously.

"Oh, goodness! You are both so helpless." He mumbled- I think it was just to himself, but I still heard him.

"Both? Helpless?"

"Taemin, you blushed, your whole demeanor changed, and you've barely known Minho a day!"

My mind seemed to fail me, "What?"

"You, I can't believe I'm about to say this!" Key smacked his forehead with his palm, "Minnie, you like Minho."

Duh. "Of course I like Minho-hyung! Key-umma, he's your best friend, of course I like him."

He shook his head again, am I missing something here? "Minnie, go get Minho. I think I need to talk to both of you."

"Alright." There was no reason to disagree, so why not? Poor Minho-hyung didn't get much of a chance to rest though- my conversatio with Key-umma was really quick.

I headed into the living room which I quickly noticed was dark- I guess Minho turned the lights off. I picked my way through the room, I couldn't see past the length of my arm, so finding the couch might take a moment. We really should get a light switch placed near the entryway from the dining room. Suddenly, my foot caught on something, what the- I flew forward and closed my eyes. I landed on something but everything felt- different.