Meeting Minho- For Real

Finally, Something Positive

~Taemin's POV~

Key-umma came to my work to visit me! I'm so happy! He brought a tall guy with him. This guy looks so familiar. It can't be- is it that guy from the other day? He certainly looks like that guy, and he's been really quiet like that guy was too. I wonder how he knows Key-umma.

We had been talking for a while but there was a sudden lull in our conversation. I guess this is my opportunity. "So, Minho-hyung, how do you know Key?" Key staged a cough, oops! "Key-umma?" I corrected myself, Key smiled at my correction. I thought this was a bit strange, he normally wasn't so insistent on my calling him Key-umma and this already the sixth time in five minutes he's done that stage cough! Hmmm...

Minho looked at me and spoke with that low voice I remember from the other day, "We're friends. We went to the same kindergarten when we started school and we were in the same class every year since. After we graduated, we both decided that staying close to home was the best choice so, I'm taking night courses at the community college while teaching a soccer program during the week." He laughed a little awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck, "I guess that's a little more information than you wanted, huh?" He smiled at me.

"No, it's fine! I just didn't recall seeing you visit Key-umma's house ever is all." 

"Wha-"

"Taeminnie lives across the street from me." Key interrupted before Minho could finish his sentence, let alone the first word of it!

"Oh. I see. Then I guess it's fate that we should have met eventually." He smiled again. His deep voice is amazing, honestly!

The three of us had talked for a while about whatever came to mind. Eventually, Minho excused himself to go to the restroom.

"Alright! Taemin, when's your shift here end today?" Key asked me once Minho was out of sight.

"Oh, well. We close at two, then there's clean up so I should be out of here by 2:30. Then I should have enough time to wash up before being at the dance studio by 3:30."

"Okay, did you want me to make dinner for your family today?"

"Would you, Key-umma? My shift at the studio is until 8:30 and then again, I have to clean my space so 9:00 I should be headed home. I feel bad for making everyone wait so late for dinner."

"Of course I'll make dinner tonight, Minnie! You know I am more than willing to help." Key-umma smiled.

"Thanks so much, Key-umma!" I smiled, Key is such a caring friend.

Just then, Minho-hyung rounded the corner. He sat down and we continued talking. I had already finished my lunch and decided to look at the time. I only had a few minutes left for my break.

"Well, I have to go back and get my name badge and wash my hands before I clock back in." I smiled. Looking from Key-umma to Minho-hyung and bowed before turning around and leaving.

~*~*~

I turn around and look at the dance studio before me, cleaning supplies hanging from my arms. First thing's first, I put down everything except for the broom and start sweeping. I'm almost finished sweeping when I hear the door open behind me, I turn around.

"M-M-Mi-MInho-hyung?" I  felt my jaw drop. I hurriedly collected my thoughts before speaking again, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, well, um..." He paused, "I remember the other day you saying how you worked at the dance studio down the street from the park..."

"Wait! So that WAS you?" I mean, I had definitely thought it may have been, but he doesn't look like the type of person to be cornered...

"Yes, that was me. I never got a chance to thank you by the way, so- Thanks, Taemin." He smiled.

"Oh, hehe, you're welcome!"

He picked up the dry mop. "Mind if I help?"

I shook my head, "If it's alright with you, I would really appreciate it."

When we finished cleaning I looked at the clock 8:45. I actually finished early! Thank goodness!

"Thank you so much for helping Minho-hyung!"

"You're welcome Taemin, but would you mind getting off of me?"

I hadn't realized that I'd closed my eyes. Or for that matter jumped on top of Minho! Omo! I must look like a koala trying to climb a tree! I feel my cheeks begin to burn as I jumped back off of him.

"Sorry, Minho-hyung."

"It's alright, Taemin. Let's put the cleaning equipment away." He smiled again, he really is too nice.

We carried the equipment to the closet and put everything away. We finally had everything away and exited the building.

"Thanks again for your help Minho-hyung. It would've taken twice as long other wise!"

"Not a problem, Taemin. We should head home. I bet Key-umma is looking out his window for your return home already." I heard a quiet chuckle escape his lips.

"Knowing Key-umma, he's been watching and if I'm not home by 9:00 he's already waiting for me on my front steps." I smile, but I can feel my cheeks heating up once again.

We started walking and talking. I hadn't even realized we had reached the street my house was on until I heard Key-umma scream.

"CHOI MINHO!"

I looked to Minho-hyung who had paled at the sound of Key's screeching. I looked back towards Key who was rushing down the street towards us. I couldn't help but gulp, I hadn't seen Key-umma this angry- EVER.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for reading!

~BaiLingLing <3