This Is Where I Was Meant To Be.

Finally, Something Positive

 

Taemin's POV

The calm after the storm- this is what I've been waiting for. Everything with my father is now just a bump in my past, and everything with Minho is my present and future. I look around the table as Key lights the last candle on the birthday cake they have placed in front of me. My family is smiling back at me, my siblings, my mother, Key, and my boyfriend- Minho. This is what matters to me right now. I blow out the candles with one quick little wish of happiness for those important to me and close my eyes. I ignore the cheers that my family is giving off and focus on one thing, for just a moment, it's me.

My being. I have survived working from early morning to late at night; and I have survived watching my siblings cry out for their missing father night after night; and I have survived my mother's inability to work; and my family has survived and grown around me. I have felt pain, I have cried alone in my room, I have allowed Key into our lives and felt a bit of relief when he helped us. I have gone through intense feelings of anger and depression, and finally I have found it- something more precious than any of that pain and heartache.The one thing that could block all of that from my mind and let me trully focus on a happy and bright future. I found Choi Minho. I found Minho and recognized him for what he is- the love of my life. I open my eyes again and enjoy their company.

After celebrating my birthday with my family, Minho asked me to accompany him for a while. We went to my front yard and sat on the bench that was located at the edge of the lawn. I looked at him and waited for him to say or do something. After sitting next to each other in silence for a few minutes, he finally took my hand in his.

"Taemin, if what hadn't happened earlier today had happened, I was going to bring you out here tonight and, with my heart in my throat, ask you if you would go out with me. That, however, is no longer necessary- but this is." He gave me a sheepish smile and reached into his pocket. "Taemin, on this day, you have made me the happiest man alive by agreeing to be my boyfriend and returning my love, and although it isn't much, I want to wish you a very happy birthday." He pulled the hand from his pocket out and held it out- it was a locket. "It doesn't look like much, but it contains our pictures. So we will be side-by-side forever in this little piece of jewelry, and I hope that it will symbolize the way we will be as well." I saw his cheeks turn bright red and I held back my giggle.

"Minho-hyung!" I threw my arms around hie neck and hugged him tight. "You're so cheesy, but I love you like that." I pulled back and watched as a bright smile appeared on his face. "Minho-hyung?"

"Yes?"

"Will you place it around my neck for me?" I blushed a little from how blunt my request was, but he nodded.

"Turn around." I did as he asked.

I shivered as the cold metal heart settled between my collarbones and the chain came to rest on my neck. I turned back to Minho and kissed his cheek gently.

"Thank you so much for everything." I gave him a smile and opened the locket that was around my neck. I looked closely at the tiny pictures and smiled to myself. "Really, Minho-hyung." I looked into his eyes, "Thank you. For loving me, for letting me love you, for making me this unbelievably happy on my birthday, and for being there for me. Thank you."

"I would say that it's me who should thank you, Tae, but I don't think words are enough right now." He leaned in and kissed my lips gently.

"Taemin! Minho! Mother Lee said that we can have a sleepover at my house tonight!" Minho and I quickly separated when Key threw open the front door. He rolled his eyes at us, "Whatever, you guys are together a kiss here and there is natural." He smiled, "Besides, we have so much to talk about tonight!" He turned around when my mother called for him and gave us a short wave before running in the house.

I turned to Minho, "I think we need to give Key a hand- he did give us a push after all."

Minho chuckled, "I'll think about it." I gave him a pout. "Alright! I'll agree to help find Key a boyfriend or girlfriend on one condition."

"What?" He smirked.

"If you give me another kiss." I smiled and gave him a chaste kiss on his cheek.

"There!" I exclaimed, "Now you've agreed to help Key!" I giggled before standing up and pulling Minho to his feet as well. "Let's go back inside, we have to say good night to my family if we're going to Key's for the night."

"Alright, let's go." He took my hand in his and entwined our fingers. I felt that all too familiar jump in my heart rate, and I knew that this is where I was meant to be. By Minho's side, from now on.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The End.

Woah.

I really didn't expect to write a cutesy ending like this, but sometimes that just can't be helped, no? ^-^

I would like to thank EVERYONE who read, commented, and subscribed.

Just a heads up- I didn't expect to be able to finish this so soon so... I might go back through and do some last minute edits.

WHAT?! ME?! EDITING?! Yeah... I never edit my own stuff, so this may be a bit interesting! ^-^

THANK YOU SO MUCH! (again)

~BaiLingLing <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I never said I was the best at editing my own stuff either! But it's done! ^-^

I only changed a few words here and there and added a sentce or two every once in a while. Other than that...

Not much!

Thanks again to everyone! You are all amazing!

~BaiLingLing <3