Talking With Key

Finally, Something Positive

 

Minho's POV

Crap! Key is going to kill me! I turn to Taemin, maybe he can think of something- no, I shouldn't rely on him like that. I am way too fearful of what Key is capable of. All of a sudden, I felt a familiar hand grab my wrist. I look to Taemin- is he really doing what I think he's doing? He flashes me a smile- wow! All of a sudden I feel him tugging on my wrist and we're off running. I glance behind me to see a very upset Key trying to keep up behind us.

"Taemin, is this the best idea?" I make my voice just loud enough so that he can hear me.

"Probably not, but I can't let Key-umma get you. I don't know what happened- but he looks like he's going to kill you!" He shouted over his shoulder.

I hold back a chuckle. Why is that whenever I'm near this guy I become, dumb? But looking at him again, he is such a sweet, caring, and cute person, I still don't understand how he could be in such a horrible family situation. 

We ended up in a small wooded area behind the block his house is on. Both of us gulping for air. I glance at him again, and feel my heart flutter. His shoulders are hunched and the way his bangs are half-dangling in front of his eyes and half-plastered to his forehead. He looks so-

"Minho-hyung?" His voice breaks into my thoughts.

"Yes, Taemin?"

He started fidgeting with his hands, "If I let you into my house, can you be quiet and not speak a word of what you see to anyone?" His eyes shone with something- I think it was hope.

I nodded my head, "Of course, Tae, if that's alright with you."

"Great. That's the only place I know you'll be safe from Key-umma." 

We crept up to his house and quietly made our way in- he was unsure if his siblings were asleep or not. We made our way silently through the kitchen and into the living room. Taemin signaled for me to stay where I was while he went upstairs to check on his family. When he came back down he told me that they were all asleep.

"Hyung, can I call Key-umma over and have you two talk it out? I really don't like the fact that you two aren't on the best of terms right now..." He gave me puppy-dog eyes- how can I say no to that?

"Sure Tae, I'll try my best to figure out what he's so angry at me for."

He went into the kitchen and called Key. Within in minutes there was a knock at the door. I gulped, I hope this ends well.

"Hyung, I told Key-umma that my family's asleep so he should keep it down." Taemin smiled at me.

We both went to the front door and Taemin opened it, I made sure to stand close behind him so that Key wouldn't just take a swing at me- that's the last thing I need. As soon as he saw me he shot me a glare- honestly, what did I do?

"Taemin, Minho, let's go to the kitchen." He quickly walked off, leaving us in the doorway. We both nodded and followed him into the kitchen. When we are sitting around the counter, I looked at Key- he seemed to have calmed down considerably. "Minho, I trust you like a brother. Taemin, I care for you like a member of my family." He sighed, "Now, Taemin, I know you don't want to leave. But I really need to speak with Minho alone."

Taemin definitely looked hesitant. He glanced from me to Key and back before leaning towards me. "Be careful." He whispered before turning and leaving. I felt my cheeks begin to burn before I looked at Key- and he did not look happy.

"You are an idiot."

That one took me by surprise, "What? Why?"

"You are so dumb. I can't believe this." He sighed and shook his head, his eyes directed at the counter between us.

"I thought you were angry with me?"

His eyes shot back up to look at me and glared, "I am."

"Then what did I do that I am an idiot?"

"You were blushing. You like Taemin, don't you?"

"Key, I just met the guy. How can you say that I like him based off of a single blush?"

"Why were you walking home with him then?"

I looked at my hands, what could he be digging for? "I met him at the dance studio and we started talking and we ended up with me walking him home." I explained, "Why did you chase after us?"

Another piercing glare, "I chased after you, Taemin just happened to run with you."

"Whatever." I mumbled, it took a lot of effort not to roll my eyes at my best friend right now.

"Why did you go to the dance studio, Minho?"

"I-" Why did I go to the dance studio? "I'm not sure. I guess to thank him for helping me the other day, and I ended up helping him clean the studio because it looked like it would take a while..." I'm rambling- crap!

"You. Like. Him." Key repeated his accusation emphasizing every word.

"He's a nice guy, and you like him to- so what?" I'm getting defensive, why am I getting defensive?

"I like him as though he were my son. You like him as in you want to date him."

"What? There's no- I-" My mind can't seem to settle on one sentence to state.

"Key-umma?" I looked up when I heard his voice.  He was coming back into the kitchen.

"Oh, Taeminnie! You can come back in now, and Minho's safe- see?" I saw Key gesture to me. I offered a smile, but it was a bit strained.

Taemin came close to us, "Minho-hyung? Are you okay? You look a little stressed."

"I'm fine Tae, I'm just... Would you mind if I laid down on the couch for a little while?"

"No, not at all! You can rest as long as you need. I'll entertain Key-umma for a while." He smiled, and my heart beat quickened. 

Could I really have started to like him so short a time? I shook the thought from my head before departing from them and laying on the couch. I have quite a few thoughts and feelings that I have to sort out.