Key-Umma Making Me Think

Finally, Something Positive

 

Taemin's POV

I hear the front door shut and the house was quiet. This was my only chance to think about what had just happened. I brought my hand up to my mouth and I could feel my cheeks flush as the warm burning that had been occurring most of the day started again. He. Kissed. Me. That surprised me! But, I didn't mind- as a matter of fact- I kissed him back. It was a simple kiss, a sweet kiss, but my heart is still racing from the contact. I can practically feel my heart just by placing my palm over my chest. I didn't hate the contact at all, but I know I want more of it. Does this mean that I... Could I really have special feelings for Minho-hyung? Is that possible?

My mind is a mess. We kissed! Do I like Minho-hyung as MORE than his dongsaeng? We kissed! Is this all possible? We kissed! Is this happening to fast? We kissed! Is this going to hurt me more? We kissed! My thoughts are spinning around and around in my head so much so that I am starting to feel dizzy.

Apparently I was so stuck in my thoughts that I failed to hear the front door open or close again. Nor did I hear Key-umma enter the kitchen. What I did hear was...

"Taemin! You're face is so red!"

"Key-umma?!"

He let out a low chuckle, "So, my dear Minnie, why do you have your feet on your chair, one hand on your mouth, and the other on your chest?" Aish, does he really have to describe exactly what he sees?

I slowly adjusted my position on my chair until both of my feet were on the floor and my arms were hanging loosely at my sides. "No reason, Key-umma." I smile. He smirked. Uh-oh! When Key-umma smirks... it's scary!

"Taeminnie. Maybe you both aren't helpless after all." I blinked. That again? What on Earth is he referencing?

"Key-umma!" I whined a little.

"Yes, Minnie?"

"What are you talking about? Why are you being so... so... so cryptic?" Yes! There's a good word!

Key looked at me in a strange way, "Why, Taemin! I'm not being cryptic! You're just missing what's happening within you." He smiled.

What's happening within me? My thoughts turned back to the circle of questions that had been bogging my mind before Key had interrupted my thoughts- but there was a new one. Does Minho-hyung like me?

I felt my eyes grow wide. And I heard Key mumble something that sounded like, "Eureka!" Suddenly, Key stood up and pat my head.

"Well, Minnie. Minho and I are going to leave for the night. You need to get some food and rest before you're do into work tomorrow."

I just nodded. My latest thought had kind of shocked me. Does Minho-hyung like me? I mean, he kissed me- so that had to mean something. But, I kissed back... So does that mean...? Key's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Come on you stupid frog! It's time to go! Come on! I agreed to let you sleep over at my house, but I am so not carrying you there!"

Minho was sleeping over at Key's house tonight? Why can't he just stay here? Woah! Wait! Minho-hyung can't stay here! That would be a bad idea! Time to go Minho-hyung! I got up and went into the living room.

"Hyung!" I whined as cutely as I could. "Hyung! You have to get up! What if one of my siblings wakes up and sees you like this? I'll never be allowed to see you again!" His eyes shot open- well that's an interesting reaction...

Before I could even think about anything else I heard them saying "Good Night" to me and walking out the door. Once again, it's just me and the quiet of my house. My thoughts start to spin through my head again. It is going to be a long night.