Cat Lady

12hour
I woke up early the next morning but Tae Ji was already up. 

"Good morning," she said while pulling on her socks. 

"Morning," I grumbled as I rubbed my eyes. 

"2pm's manager called last night. You should be at the JYPE building at eight thirty but you can come with us earlier if you want," Tae Ji offered. 

I slid out of bed and said, "Thanks. What time do you guys have to be there?"

"Seven thirty. You have an hour to get ready."

I nodded and headed to the bathroom. At least I had some time to make myself look presentable.

My hair looked like an animal slept in it and I could taste the awful bilely taste in my mouth. I brushed my teeth vigorously to get rid of that horrible taste. 

After washing my face and brushing my hair, I went back to my room. I could hear Rara in the kitchen, making breakfast, Eun Mi singing to herself in her room and Hana's room involved a lot of thumping and hisses of pain. 

I strolled through the hallway in my Hello Kitty t-shirt and shorts with duckies on them (badass), I realized it felt nice to live with some girls my age. 

Throwing on a loose black tee and denim shorts, I moved onto my still wild hair. Even after straightening it, my hair was still sticking out in different directions so I grabbed a baseball cap an stuck it on my head. It hid my unruly hair rather well. 

I didn't really wear much make up, but even Tae Ji was putting it on, and I had a feeling that you had to have make up to enter the JYPE building. So, I put on some BB cream, concealer (that plane ride did horrors to my skin) and lip balm. 

I was greeted with the smell of cinnamon buns and coffee, surprisingly. It felt just like home. 

I could feel a twist in my stomach. A nostalgic feeling washed over me. Minnie and I would always make cinnamon buns for our parents during winter break. 

I swallowed back the lump and forced a grin when I joined the others.  

Everyone was there except Hana, who slowly trudged her way to the kitchen. She suddenly perked up with the smell of the coffee Eun Mi stuck under her nose. 

"Nervous?" Rara noticed me biting my finger nails. 

"Kind of. I mean I don't know where anything is in the building and what if I get lost in the city." The words flew out of my mouth faster than I could think. 

"Our manager unnie could give you a tour while we have practice," Hana offered as she slowly woke up. 

"Doesn't your manager have other stuff to do? I mean giving me a tour doesn't sound like fun," I bit into my cinnamon bun, which practically melted in my mouth. 

"Nah, our manager's really nice. She wouldn't mind," Hana said. "Besides, she wants to meet you since all we talked about the last two days was our new roommate."

I breathed a sigh of relief. At least I wouldn't have to worry about getting lost in the building. 

Their manager came at 7:20 on the dot with a big van, just like 2pm. 

She smiled at me as I got in. She was in her late twenties, a wedding ring on her left hand and big, kind eyes. 

"Hello! You must be Lee Hyun Ae," she said as she pulled out of the parking lot. "I'm Cha Sung Gyu, 12hour's manager."

"Nice to meet you," I did a mini bow in the car seat. "Um...I was wondering if you could give me a tour of the building so I don't run around like an idiot."

Everyone laughed and Sung Gyu agreed to show me around. 

I had often passed the JYPE building when I went out with my cousins but I didn't really pay attention to it. Actually going inside was causing my inner fangirl to...well fangirl. 

The girls went to their studio to meet up with their trainer. 

Sung Gyu took me on a tour of the building, which was huge, for about an hour. There were so many practice studios and recording studios, my head was spinning. I think I even saw Miss A practicing (I really wanted to go in).

Sung Gyu brought me to a studio lastly. I recognized the room from the practice videos on YouTube. 

"2pm practices here and comes here first thing in the morning usually," she explained. "There's also a little coffee bar. One of your jobs is to make them coffee, as glamorous as it sounds."

"It's okay, I'm used to it."

Song Gyu chuckled. "Anyway, the Manager's office is right over here. You'll probably spend most of your time here organizing their schedules."

The door was locked but there was a window to the office. Although the lights were off, I could see the outline of multiple computers, file cabinets and shelves. 

Sung Gyu's iPhone went off. She glanced at it and then looked at me apologetically. 

"I have to go, sorry," she said. "They should be here soon so why don't you wait in the studio."

"Alright, thanks for the tour," I bowed and she waved before jogging to the elevator. 

Now I was completely alone. I was bored and nervous. I got up and looked out into the hallway. No one. 

I slowly made my way back into the studio. I took out my iPod and put Bad Girl Good Girl by Miss A (what can I say, I was inspired). 

I faced the mirror and began to dance. I didn't notice anything around me as I danced. 

I did everything in the dance. Even the little kicky part on the floor. As I did the little turn while swinging my hips, I saw all of 2pm watching in the doorway.  

I nearly screamed and quickly stopped dancing. I bowed quickly, nearly throwing my hat off my head. 

I stopped the song and bowed again. They looked like they were holding back laughs. 

"You're pretty good," Taecyeon said, grinning and showing off his lovely teeth. 

"T-thanks." I struggled to regain my composure. 

"I think you dance better than Junsu," Chansung said and pushed Junsu playfully. 

"You can't compare us," Junsu said indignantly. "I've never danced Bad Girl Good Girl before. That was Junho and Nichkhun."

"You're just jealous because JYP knew you wouldn't be able to dance it," Wooyoung said, quickly hiding behind Junho.

"Yah!" Junsu called out, trying to sound threatening but failing as he started to laugh. 

"Okay, guys, stop scaring my assistant," the Manager came in to the studio. "You guys have to practice today and then I'll tell you your schedules. Hyun Ae, could you make us some coffee?"

"Sure, I'll take everyone's orders," I said, finally getting a hold of myself. 

They told me their orders and I wrote it on a napkin at the mini coffee bar. 

I busily made coffee for 2pm and the Manager. The guys were already starting to practice several of their dances. 

I was used to making coffee in a short period of time so I was done just as they were starting their second dance. 

I quietly snuck into the studio, setting the tray of coffee on the floor and headed over to the Manager's office. 

I entered quietly to see him at several Macs (yes!) and I gave him a latte. 

"Thank you," he said as he took a sip. "This is really good."

A smile tugged at my lips. Looks like working at Starbucks for four years paid off. "Thanks."

He motioned for me to sit next to him in front of a Mac. 

"I need you to call these places to tell them what time certain member's schedules are open for tomorrow. I'll deal with today's schedule," the Manager told me, handing me a list of places and numbers. 

I nodded and quickly got to work. The rest of my morning involved me calling producers of shows that I watched as a teen and radio shows. I tried not to sound too excited or fangirlly because that would kind of give 2pm a bad image to the producers. 

"Alright, thank you. Yes, have a nice day," I finally finished talking to the producer of the fourteenth radio show I called that day. 

As soon as I put down the phone, I groaned and slid down in my chair. 

"I never knew that talking to people on the phone would be so tiring!" I put my hands over my eyes. 

The Manager chuckled. "You get used to it. Anyway, I just finished their schedules, so let's tell them."

I slowly got up out my chair, practically hearing my joints creak. 

2pm was already sitting on the floor of the studio, talking about the composition of a new song. 

"We have your schedules." The Manager held up a file. 

As he started to tell them their schedules, I decided to be an idiot and chase the little squiggly line in the corner of my eye. I just couldn't catch it, and it was kind of starting to piss me off. 

"Hyun Ae? Did you get that?"

I snapped out of my idiocy and looked at the Manager with a surprised, dumb look. 

"Um, sorry what was that?" I asked quietly. 

"After Junsu comes back from the radio show at two, you have your singing lesson," the Manager patiently told me. Sheesh, I felt like an idiot.   

"Oh, right." Don't I sound like an intellectual.  

"Also, could you go over to CeCi magazine's headquarter's to deliver this?" I was handed a big portfolio which was kind of heavy and a map to CeCi. 

The group nodded and we made our way downstairs. They got into the van and waved good bye to me. 

I stood in the parking lot, wondering how I would get to CeCi (a magazine I am subscribed to through my cousins, by the way). I didn't take the company issued car with me because I came with the girls. And I couldn't bother Sung Gyu for a ride and the walk was too long. 

I groaned and decided to take a bus. 

I turned the corner and found a bus stop easily. Waiting for the bus with an old man was not fun. 

I studied the map, tracing the streets and the intersections where I knew the bus would stop. I figured out I would have to change buses twice. 

The bus finally came and I got in with the old man. I, unfortunately, got the bus with the really slow driver so I had to run to my next bus to catch it. I was very happy I wore sneakers. 

I got to CeCi magazine looking like a haggard old cat lady, which is obviously something you don't want to look like at the headquarters of a fashion and celebrity magazine. And my very casual clothes didn't help my cause either. 

After smoothing my hair from under my cap, I went in. 

The receptionist looked surprised by my sudden intrusion but kept most of her composure. 

"May I help you?" She asked, scrutinizing me. Her tone of voice made it obvious that she thought I belonged in some ghetto and not here. 

"I'm the assistant to the manager of 2pm and I was told to drop this portfolio off." I lifted the heavy portfolio from under my arm and onto the counter. 

Her eyes widened as she took the portfolio, probably surprised by how much it weighed. She struggled to pick it up. 

"Oh, yes," she said, trying to keep the portfolio balanced under her arm. "We were expecting this. Thank you."

She said it politely but her eyes told me to get the hell out before someone important came in.

I took that unspoken advice, bowed and left as quickly as possible. 

I took out my phone and glanced at the time. 1:51. 

I cursed under my breath and ran to the bus stop. The bus was just about to leave and I practically leaped onto it, handing the rather frazzled bus driver my money. 

I made it right on time for my other bus but by the time I got to the JYPE building, it was 2:30. 

I ran to the elevator and urged it to go faster. I finally burst into the recording room I was told I would have my lesson in. 

Junsu looked up in surprise. 

"I'm so sorry, it was just that the buses were all screwed up and I had to switch stops and it was just crazy and I'm really sorry," I burst out as I bowed multiple times. 

Junsu chuckled. "It's okay, I just got here too. The traffic was really bad. Just take a breath."

I did as he told me and took a shaky breath before sitting down in the chair opposite of him. 

Then, I finally realized I was alone with him. My inner fangirl was screaming. 

"Okay, you ready?" He asked me with a smile. 

I nodded and returned the smile. "Ready."