Donut

12hour

After a performance and a variety show, I was beat, but, of course, we couldn't go back to our dorm and hibernate, we had to have a meeting. 

We filed into the meeting room and bowed low, but slowly. 

"What happened to you guys?" Jo Kwon's eyes were wide. "You look awful."

We simultaneously glared at him with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. 

"Jo Kwon," Junho said. 

"Yeah?"

"Shut up or we'll all pay," Junho said a raspy voice that was meant to be a whisper. 

JYP ignored all of this and waited for us to sit down. It had just occurred to me that only 2am and 2pm were there. This was not a company meeting. It was a One Day meeting. 

I immediately grabbed two donuts from the box sitting on the table (asking us to take one really) and gave one to Eun Mi. 

As I stuffed my face with a glazed jelly donut of goodness, my eyes met with Junsu's and his eyes crinkled in a smile while he covered his mouth with his fist. I covered mine with the donut. Classy. 

"I got a call from WGM-" JYP started but was immediately cut off by Jo Kwon and Nichkhun. 

At the exact same moment, I heard,

"Are Ga In and I back together?!"

And,

"Do they want me and Victoria back?!"

There was an awkward silence where we all just stared at their hopelessly hopeful faces. 

JYP shook his head slowly. "No...they didn't say anything about you two particularly...but they want to do one 2am 12hour couple or one 2pm 12hour couple."

I stopped chewing on my donut for a second and looked at Junsu. He seemed nervous. So was I. I mean, what if Junsu was picked to be in the couple but not with me? And vice versa of course. 

"Have they decided on the couple?" Junsu spoke up. 

"They have a couple in mind but they didn't tell me," JYP answered. "I said I was okay with it as long as you were."

2am and 2pm nodded enthusiastically (except Jo Kwon and Nichkhun), while we looked at each other nervously. 

"Yah! What's with the faces!?" Jinwoon demanded. 

"It just seems kind of...awkward," Hana explained. 

"You get to go on free dates."

"You get presents."

"And a house."

"We're in," Hana jumped up and the others nodded immediately. I was a little slower to comply. 

"Great," JYP said. "I'll call them. They will surprise the couple while they are out on a schedule sometime next week."

I nibbled on the donut nervously. 

It was going to be a stressful week. 

oOo

Since it was kind of late (2:17 am), we didn't have any schedules (obviously) but we had a quick practice and then an 'informal One Day conference'. We just went to 2pm's practice room, sat on the floor and talked about We Got Married. 

JYP waltzed into the room casually. 

We nodded to acknowledge his presence since it was too late at night for proper manners. 

"I'm available for a quick meeting," he said. "Junsu, Hyun Ae, you wanted to talk to me about the trainees?"

We quickly got up. "Yes."

"Alright," he said. "We can go to my office then. They're a little too loud."

Taec hugged JYP's leg. "Ahhh, hyung, I love you!!"

"Funny how his least favorite says it," Seulong teased. 

Taec let go of JYP's leg to yell at Seulong. "Yah!"

We snuck out while Seulong and Taec were preparing for a cat fight and the others placed bets. 

We sat down in the comfortable chairs (so squishy!) in JYP's office and he sat at his desk. 

"Before we talk about the trainees, I have something to ask you," JYP said. 

"Ah, anything, hyung," Junsu said and I nodded. 

JYP almost said something and then chuckled a bit. Junsu and I looked at each other in confusion. 

JYP looked at the two of us and smiled. 

"Are you two dating?"

I froze and so did Junsu. 

Well, I thought, it depended on your definition of dating. We haven't really gone out on a real date yet. 

JYP looked at us expectantly. 

I snorted. Junsu glared at me. Then I burst out laughing. They looked at me strangely. 

After my awkward laughing subsided, JYP continued. 

"That didn't really answer my question," he said. "You know, you can't lie to me. Besides, I'll keep it a secret."

I suddenly became very interested in my nails. 

I sensed Junsu's gaze and I cringed a bit. Sorry for letting you out to fend for yourself, Junsu. 

Junsu laughed a bit himself. "Yeah, we are."

JYP grinned. "I knew it!"

"How?" I asked suddenly. 

He had that usual smug look on his face. "I know the signs of first love. Back in my day-"

"Hyung."

The smug look was wiped off his face. "Sorry. It's just that you two seemed to be spending more time together. And looking at each other."

"Do you think anybody else noticed?" Junsu asked. 

"No. I was actually interested in whether one of you would develop a crush on the other after so many hours of singing lessons so I was kind of looking for it," JYP explained. 

"Oppa, no offense, but that's just weird," I said with a teasing smile. 

JYP laughed. "Anyway, I won't tell anyone. Except your managers, who will be sworn to secrecy, I promise."

We sighed with relief. 

"Now, about the trainees..."

oOo

I tried to hide my red face by staying in the shadows when we were driving home. I was blushing madly because Junsu kissed my forehead before leaving when we were walking back to the studio as a good night kiss. None of the other staff really stayed as late as we did so no one saw us but still. 

Unfortunately, Rara has the eyes of an eagle. Or the hands of one. Which doesn't make any sense. 

"Hyun Ae-ah, your face seems a little hot," she said in concern. "How are you feeling?"

I quickly made an excuse. "I must have gotten a cold since I forgot my jacket. I'm sure I'll be fine if I go to sleep right away."

"I'll make you some soup first, okay?" Rara said. 

"I want some soup!" Eun Mi said. 

"You should feed your husband too!" Hana nudged Rara, referring to herself. 

Tae Ju shook her head. "Aigoo, you guys are a handful."

oOo

I was lying on the couch, hugging one of my koala bears, re watching City Hunter and guiltily drooling over Lee Min Ho. Park Min Young was one lucky lady.

And of course, I was pretty lucky too. 

I had no schedule, surprisingly, and Eun Mi had just gotten back from school so we were home alone. 

She plopped down in a bean bag chair and just as she did, my phone rang. 

It was Sung Gyu. 

"Hi, unnie," I said. 

"Hi, Hyun Ae-ah, I just wanted to give you a heads up," she said. "Today's the WGM couple meeting."

"So everyone out on a schedule right now has a chance of being on WGM?" I asked. 

"Yes."

Eun Mi leaned in. "Put her on speaker!"

I did. I tried to continue talking casually. "So who's out on a schedule?"

Sung Gyu chuckled a bit, knowing I was worried about Junsu being in the couple thingy. 

"Well, you two already know that Hana, Rara and Tae Ji are. All of 2am is. Then from 2pm, it's Junho, Nichkhun, Wooyoung, and Junsu."

"Ah, is that so?" I said a bit quietly. 

"Yeah, well I got to go," Sung Gyu said. "Bye girls!"

I mustered up some cheeriness. "Bye!"

I slipped my phone onto the coffee table quietly. 

"Who do you think it will be?" Eun Mi asked. 

I shrugged. "I doubt it will be Jo Kwon or Khunnie."

"Don't you think Taec and Hana make a good couple?" Eun Mi mused. 

I absently nodded. 

"Yah! What's wrong unnie?" 

I snapped out of it. "I guess I'm still getting over the cold. Sorry. Yeah, I think they'd be cute together."

"Yeah..." Eun Mi nodded. Suddenly, she sat up and looked me dead in the eye. I flinched. "What if it's Tae Ji and Junho?"

"So?"

Eun Mi laughed nervously. "Well, don't you think they make a good couple? I mean they're both good dancers."

"I don't think that's deep enough to marry someone," I said. "Besides, Wooyoung's a good dancer too."

Eun Mi waved Wooyoung's name away. "He's still not over IU. Really. Tae Ji and Junho would look so good together! Aish, what to do!"

She fell back into her bean bag chair helplessly. I leaned over her face sneaking. 

"And why do you care so much, Eun Mi-ah?" I said with a sly grin. 

She suddenly sat up and stared straight ahead. "You're right. I don't care. Huh, why would I care? I don't care at all!"

I raised an eyebrow. "You're starting to scare me."

She went into a laughing fit then abruptly stopped to stare at me slyly. 

"Are you worried about anyone?"

I snorted but didn't look her in the eye. "Do I really have a reason to? No, not at all. I'm just rooting for Taec and Hana. Or maybe Seulong with one of them. Or Changmin. Don't you think they'd make good husbands?"

Eun Mi shrugged in disinterest. "I guess..."

We went back to watching City Hunter and drooling over Lee Min Ho. I was relieved that Eun Mi had easily dropped the subject of me worrying about anyone being in a couple with someone else. 

Halfway through an episode, Eun Mi spoke up. 

I braced myself. 

"Haven't Tae Ji and Junho been talking more to each other?"

I sighed in exasperation. 

"Eun Mi-ah."

"Yes?"

"Do you like Junho?" I asked casually. 

She giggled. "No-of course not. W-why would you think that?"

"I don't know," I started. "You've just been talking to and about him a lot. And you're awfully worried that he might be matched up with Tae Ji. Sounds to me like you like him."

Eun Mi snorted. "Don't be a silly goose, unnie. Of course I don't like him. You must be hallucinating."

I smiled. "Of course I am."

She whipped her head towards me. "Do YOU like him?"

"What?" I looked at her strangely. "Of course not! Eun Mi-ah, you've got to stop being so suspicious!"

"I'm not being-"

My phone rang and we both leapt for it. 

I got to it first thankfully. If it was Junsu, then I was screwed. 

My heart instantly calmed down when I saw that it was Sung Gyu. 

I put her on speaker for Eun Mi. 

"Hi, girls, we know who the lovely couple is!" Sung Gyu announced it. 

"WHO?!" Eun Mi and I demanded. 

"Wow. You guys must be bored," Sung Gyu said. "You really need some hobbies besides watching City Hunter and stare at Lee Min Ho."

How did she know?

"Unnie."

"Anyway..." she said. "Drumroll please..."

Eun Mi and I drumrolled on the coffee table impatiently. 

"Rara and..."

Please not Junsu. Please not Junsu. Please not Junsu. 

My hand flew to the cross at my collarbone. Oh, Dad, please don't let it be Junsu. 

"Seulong!"

Our bodies instantly relaxed and we sank deeper into our couch. 

"That's great!" I said. I quickly calmed down. "I mean Seulong's been so jealous of Jo Kwon and Ga In. And Rara's a really good match for him. Yeah, that's nice. For them of course."

"Huh, you guys seem really wound up today," Sung Gyu teased. 

"We're just tired," Eun Mi jumped in. "Just tired."

"If you're so tired then stop drooling over Lee Min Ho an go to sleep."

"Aww, but I don't want to," Eun Mi whined and I joined in. 

Sung Gyu laughed. "Okay, okay. Don't stay up too late, though."

Now I knew I could actually go to sleep. 

-----------------

Happy New Year's! Wherever you guys live. Maybe it already started for you but I'm still waiting. I had fun writing Eun Mi's part. Lol, she's hopeless. And so is Hyun Ae. Lol I wish you guys the best in 2012!