Chapter 15

Apartment: should we stay?

28th May 2014
"What have gone into you?! Why you attacked Jihyo like that?" Ask Min Jung staring angrily to his wife, Yoori.
"Why oppa? You had been chased out from that house? Do you forget to tell me anything?" Yoori now stood in front of Min Jung.
"Yoori, i don't cheat on you. How many times i had to tell you that? If Gary didn't call me just now, i will never know what you have been done at my back! We've been married for years but seem you never put your trust in me. She is your cousin..your cousin, Yoori ah."
"Why you went to her house? Oppa, tell me the truth." 
"You know how i love to have my own child. I can't help whenever i saw our family members with their kids. I'm getting attached to them. Since Eugene left.."
"Why you mentioned her name now? Oppa, have you forgot what they had done to you?"
"She is still my sister and her son is innocent! I miss him..i should find him earlier." Yoori's eyes widened upon hearing the words. She is worried if her husband find where is the boy right now as he will the only heir available.
"We had discuss about this, we don't need that boy. It will ruin our life more!"
"There is always a reason why God not blessed us with child. Because of your heart..your heart that always full of hate, anger and revenge! It is bad for a child to get this kind of inheritance."
"So now you regret? Now you finally speak the truth of your feeling? Its always me the reason of this? Oppa..i know you will tell me this sooner or later. I know you will accuse me one day because i can't bear any child. You know this feeling always haunted me for years since the doctor told me about my condition. That's why i had to do all of that, just to make sure you always be with me." Said Yoori in her tears. 
"Stop your acting, Yoori! You always try to reasoning for everything you did. You know what people labelling me outside? the one who get money for his wife soul.. Now i'm regretting for married you. I need my own space. I'm sorry but i'm leaving you." Said MinJung before he closed the door behind.
'I swear..you will never be happy, Jihyo!' Yoori bite her lower lips while staring at the closed door
*******£*********************************************************************************

Gary reaches home earlier that day. He only went to his studio for two hours as since yesterday accident, he promised to himself not to leave his family for a longer period. He need to accompany Jihyo. He tells Gil that he might need to work from his house as he need to beware of any danger that might happen. The living room already dark which sign that Jihyo is in her room. Last night, all of them ended up sleeping in the living room as Jihyo was tired after the attack. Gary went to the kitchen for a drink when he heard the door room was opened. He turned to the sound and widened his eyes in shock. Jihyo was standing at the door, wearing her night dress which exposed her cleavage and her thigh. She smile at him.
"Honey...you're home?" She ask while assigned her finger for Gary to come forward.
"Err..ya..yes. Just..reach.." He slowly walks towards the room. He gulped his saliva multiple times.
"Hmm..i can't sleep tonight. Do you want to accompany me?" Jihyo hugs at his neck when he came closer. Gary's hand automatically encircled at her waist.
"Oh its my pleasure, baby." He grinned happily and enter the room together. He put Jihyo on the bed gently. Within few seconds, their lips met and Gary was about to pull out his shirt when sound from baby's monitor distract them both. Gary groan in frustrated. Jihyo sigh and both of them looks on the monitor. Chun Ae's cry was heard.
"Why must we turn this thing on?" ask Gary while turns at Jihyo. Jihyo give a small laugh and caress his arm.
"He is my rival after all. Just spend some time with him first before we continue.." Jihyo said in her soft tone tried to comfort her husband. He gives a peck on her lips before he walks out the room.
Gary peeks at the door of the second room before he enters it. To his surprise, Chun Ae was sleeping at baby cot calmly. No cry was heard. He looks around the room to find the baby monitor.
Meanwhile, Jihyo was waiting on the bed. She lightly massage her shoulder when she heard a lullaby song from the baby monitor. She quickly hold the monitor and increase the volume a bit. It wasthe same song she heard before and the voice is not Gary's. She rushed to the room.
"Honey! Is that you?" Ask Jihyo once she enter the room.
"Yah its me. Who else is here?" He was bit surprise on the sudden appearance of Jihyo.
"No..no..are you singing just now?" Gary shook his head. Jihyo watches the baby monitor in her hand. The song is not heard anymore.
"There is something wrong with this monitor. When i came here, Chun Ae is sleeping. Aishh..." 
"Is he really sleeping? You check his diapers? Is he breathing?" Jihyo's hand already on Chun Ae. Before she able to pull his son's pyjama, Gary had stopped her.
"I checked already. He is fine. So can we?" Jihyo's face was blushed after hearing that question. They then head to their room and leaving both monitor next to Chun Ae.
******************************************************************************************
1st June 2014
"Honey..i'm having my night call tomorrow. So can you handle Chun Ae later?" Ask Jihyo when they preparing to sleep that night.
"What? Omo..how can i sleep like that? Can i accompany while you are working?" He smiled cheekily.
"Kang Gary..you can sleep without me for 2 years. Don't cling too much with me."
"Baby..you are the one who make me like this. We just had our honeymoon but now you want me to sleep without my pillow?" He looks at Jihyo on the reflection of the mirror.
"You always with your cheesy words. How can i live without that?" 
"Don't worry about tomorrow, he will be taken care by the best father in the world. Come here," Gary pat at his side on the bed for Jihyo. Jihyo sat next to her and straight away cuddle with Gary.
"Jihyo ah..i need to tell you this. You must be careful and always tell me if anything worry you. Especially when you alone in the house." 
"Why you talk to me like that?" Jihyo turns to his face.
"You remember Haha and Jongkook? Brothers of one of your patient?" Jihyo nodded her head.
"They live at this house before and they told me something. Something that you might not believe. But i had to tell you the truth. I know you will be uncomfortable once i tell you this but i need to tell you. I'm afraid if i don't tell you it might harm you." Jihyo turns to sit resting her back on the bedhead. She is facing Gary. She knows it must be a serious thing.
"Do you remember any weird things that happened soon after we move in here?"
"Yes. Is it something related to that?" Gary nodded his head. He soon told Jihyo all the things that Haha and Jongkook told him that night. About presence of Eugene, the diary, until the night Kwangsoo been possesed.
"Is it that night when Kwangsoo send to hospital? So..it make sense why all the test was normal for him. Honey..is this Eugene dangerous? Will she harm us? Are we supposed to help her?"
"I don't know either. Those weird things happened, is that some kind of communication. Or she just want us to feel her presence. That's why i need to tell you. So we had to be careful if we able to see her."
"Honey, you made me worried about us, about Chun Ae especially. Is it by any chance, Chun Ae can see him? I read before child's vision is really sensitive with this spirit world." Jihyo's face start to change.
"I know something about attachment of this free soul with human but i'm not really believe about that. But i manage to get the amulet from my elder in order to protect him. Seems it is working on him nowadays. If not i will caught him chuckled by himself. Oh..now i felt creepy.." Gary rubbed back of his neck. 
"Yah Kang Gary, you supposed to protect us. Don't be like this." Jihyo hit on Gary's chest lightly.
"Arasso..arasso..Baby, whatever happened your hero here will do his best. Remember what i told you, we need to be careful for now. And Yoori..you must keep your distance with her. She is the most dangerous than this Eugene."
"Yes my hero," said Jihyo while playing with Gary's chin.
******************************************************************************************
15th June 2014

Sukjin stood in front of the door. He is hesitating to ring the doorbell. Its been a while since his last visit. Now, when he is healthy enough, he need to see him. He felt guilty to cause him in this state. He got a call from his sister who ask him to come as Jaesuk requested and now here he is.
"Oh Sukjin ssi.." A young lady bowed to him few seconds after he rang the bell.
"Min Ah, where is he?" The lady then shows him the room. Then she left the two man having their good chat together.
"Its been a while Jaesuk. How are you?" Sukjin hold his hand gentlely. Jaesuk is resting on his headbed. He became thinner than the last time Sukjin paid his visit.
"Fi...ne.." His voice is trembling.
"Jaesuk ah, i don't know why i must always repeatedly say this but i have to. I'm sorry. For what you became now. If i listen to you earlier you might not be in this kind of condition." Sukjin looks into his eyes. Suddenly Jaesuk breaks into tears, he shook his head.
"I..should..say...it...take...this..." Jaesuk is panting as he became breathless easily. He gives Sukjin a letter with his handwriting. 
Sukjin hyung,
I'm afraid i can't have time before you able to read this. I need to confess to you, the truth behind your marriage. The pain i had now is the price that i had to pay for my betrayal towards you. We know since the college time. We are the three best friends. But i was surprised on the day you told me you want to get married and the person is one of us. If
only i tell you earlier, i had a heart for her since the day i met her. I love her but i don't have a courage to tell her. Back then, i give up as i know you can make her happy than i am as you became more successful in your bussiness after your marriage. Years by years, i saw her became more lonely as you focusing on your carrier. She always tell me on how cold you are in the relationship. I began to hate you as you not appreciating the one i love. During your down time, i offered my help as i know its my only chance to take her from you. I purposely rent that apartment for you to stay far from her even when she need you that time. I pretend to give you a good advice as a friend but instead it make your relationship apart. Yes hyung, the one in your bedroom is ME! But don't blame her, it was totally my fault. I force her. I her. I'm sorry. I know the forgiveness is in your hand and you will not give me that. But at least, i tell you the truth before i close my eyes. Once you read this letter, i hope my soul can rest in peace. I'm sorry hyung. You are my forever friend.

Sukjin was trembling while reading the letter. His eyes was full of anger. He is breathing heavily to control his emotion from exploded. He stood up quickly and throw the letter to Jaesuk.
"Even with your life, you will never able to pay for it! Its better for you to die on the day we had that accident!" He then left the house leaving Jaesuk who still crying in regret.
******************************************************************************************

Gary and Jihyo both sitting on the couch. They pay visit at Gary's mother house. Letting his mother spend some quality time with Chun Ae.
"You can leave him here while both of you go for your honeymoon," said Mrs Kang 
"Omma, but your health condition.. We worried you might get sick later. He is more active now." Jihyo slowly talk to her mother in law.
"Aish..this kid. Omma can handle him. Don't worry. Just have your own good time there."
" but omma. We're going for 5 days. Its not few hours like before as we usually left him with you. Omma.. Its not that we don't want you being with him, it just that your condition." Gary interrupted after a while. They are planning to go for honeymoon outside of Korea. After the decision been made, they pay visit to his mother's but they didn't expect Mrs Kang to offer her help to babysit Chun Ae.
"Omma, we promise to you. Soon after we coming back, we stay here for a while.." Jihyo now comforts her mother in law. it tooks a while for Mrs Kang to agree for her Chun Ae to separate with her.

After they return to their apartment, they still discussing about their honeymoon trip.
"Honey, we're going in 2weeks. I'm worried about Chun Ae. Omma is right, we shouldn't leave him with a stranger." Said Jihyo in her worried tone.
"What choice we have here?" They both sat at living room, watch their son plays with his toys.
"How about Mrs Hwang? She used to babysit him before. Beside she just next door." Suggest Jihyo.
"I already ask. Mr Hwang the day before. His house quite full and crowded next week as their children is coming." Gary lie down on the couch. He scratches his head few times.
"It will be easier if we bring him along..." Jihyo pouted her lips.
"Yah..who is going for honeymoon with a baby in between? Don't you remember how our night here?" Gary quickly sit up and turns to Jihyo. His face full of protest. Jihyo gives a small laugh remembering their night which always been disturbed by the 'third party'.
"Baby, i think we need to find a maid for now. We got another 1 week to assess the maid." Gary suddenly popped out with an idea.
"It will be a woman right? Young woman?" Ask Jihyo furiosly.
"You know i only had my eyes on you. It is temporary. Okay, i will let you find them." 
They then agree to hired a maid and start their search.
******************************************************************************************

21st June 2014
Jihyo was about to enter her house when a hand patted at her left shoulder. She turns around and see a lady around her age standing and smiling to her.
"Yes?" ask Jihyo who still holding the door handle.
"I'm Bo Young. I saw an advertisement online that you are looking for a maid. For temporary." Said that lady.
"Oh..yes..yes. I'm Jihyo ssi." They bowed to each other and Jihyo let her in.
"So, are you currently working or studying?" Ask Jihyo once they settle at living room.
"I'm looking for a job. You know before this i was married but after we separate, i had to live on my own. It was difficult for me to find job nowadays."
"Oh, i'm sorry about that. But can you take care of a child? You know, my husband and i are really worried about our son. It will be his first time leaving without us."
"You can trust me. I will do my best.." Bo Young says with her confindence. Suddenly Gary appeared from the room. He just wake up from his sleep and didn't expect to have a guest early in the morning.
"When you reach home?" He ask and take a seat next to Jihyo. He gives his morning kiss as usual.
"Just a while ago. Honey..this is Bo Young, Bo Young this is my husband, Gary. She will be one of the candidate."
"For a maid?" Gary frowned. He looks at the lady in front of him.
"You need to undergo an assessment for a week before we can agree to it. I remind you it will be difficult so just be prepared if you want to leave.." Said Gary in his flat tone. Bo Young just nodded her head, still smiling.
"Don't be so harsh.."said Jihyo caressing his back to calm down.
"Bo Young ah, come i will show you around and what is do's and don't in this house." Both Jihyo amd Bo Young then left Gary in living room.
'Why i had this bad feeling on her?' He glanced at Bo Young who kept smiling.
******************************************************************************************
25th June 2014
"She is good right? Looks how Chun Ae with her..oh, he really likes Bo Young. Honey, we should let her have this job." Jihyo said to. Gary while they are sitting at living room watching Bo Young feeding Chun Ae from far.
"Are you sure? You like her?" 
"Why? Is there any problem? You should tell me.."
"It just my feeling..i don't think right. Maybe i felt jealous. Chun Ae didn't look at me nowadays!" Gary sighed.
"Oh, someone is burn with jealously here. come here, i need to give you some medication for that." She then kissed him lightly on his lips.
"I think the dose is not enough." Gary smirked at her.
"Arasso, then you had to decide now. Can we have her?" Jihyo ask in her cute way. Gary gives a long sigh before he agree to it.
"You know you always the one who will decide anyway.."
Jihyo then tells Bo Young the good news before they hugged each other. Now the couple can focus on their honeymoon trip.

******************************************************************************************
28th June 2014
Gary landed on the couch, turn on the television and sending few messages through his phone as tonight will be the last night before they fly for honeymoon trip. While he was busy with his phone, he can hear his son crying at his room. He was about to enter the room when Bo Young rushed to the door.
"Oh sorry, Gary ssi. I'm preparing his milk in the kitchen just now." She bowed to Gary. Gary opened the door for her. Bo Young quickly carries Chun Ae and gives him the milk.
"You know, he usually prefer his mother at this hour. We gave him formula milk at the day." Said Gary standing at the door.
"But Jihyo ssi said i can give him the formula milk instead. Beside, i don't want to disturb her. She just came back from her work. And it will be easier once you guys going for the trip."
"Chun Ae seems to like you... Are you use to babysit before?"
"Ah ne..i had a son before. Long time ago.." She said in her soft voice. Watching Chun Ae in her arm.
"Oh? where is he now?" 
"He is...with his father. I'm divorcee.." 
Gary nodded his head and kept silent. He don't want to further ask BoYoung question. Her face is about to burst tears.
"I think is quite late now. You better sleep after this. Our flight will be early in the morning." Gary closed the door behind him and walks to his room. Suddenly he stepped on something. He picks up the thing and his eyes widened, "Chun Ae's amulet? Why it is left here?" He kept the amulet in his hand planning to put on. Chun Ae tomorrow.
******************************************************************************************

29th June 2014
Gary and Jihyo just reach their hotel room at the Venice. Their long trip make both of them tired and straight away landed on the bed. Gary reaches for his phone and read at few messages and reply. He glanced at Jihyo who already In her dreamland. He scooted ner her and hug her waist to bring her closer.
"Baby, are you going to sleep the whole trip? You already sleep all the way here," Gary whispers to her ear.
"Just let me feel this comfort bed.." Jihyo replied still in her closing eyes.
"Arasso..i'm going to check on Chun Ae." He put on loudspeaker mode so Jihyo can hear it as well. but no one answering the phone.
"Why she don't answer it?" He kept on pressing his phone. Jihyo turns to him also frowned a bit.
"Maybe she asleep already. It was midnight now there." Said Jihyo who able to calm Gary after that.
"Aishh..i forgot!" Suddenly Gary hit his forehead. He was searching something from his bag.
"Why?"
"This! I found it last night on the floor. I thought to put on Chun Ae but we are bit rushing this morning." He shows Jihyo the amulet. Jihyo took it and smile.
"This thing? Actually it stuck on Chun Ae's sweater that day, so i had to remove it. Sorry..i forgot to tell you about this."
"Hmm..its okay. As long as BoYoung is there, hope nothing will happened."
"It supposed to be our trip right? Can we just left it for this 5days? I want you by myself.." Said Jihyo seducely and already climbed on top of Gary.
"Oh..my naughty wife..." 
******************************************************************************************

30th June 2014
Yoori walks towards the elevator of the apartment. After a chat with Hyorin, she goes to their apartment. She knows it is the best time for her plan. Now or never. Hyorin told her about their honeymoon trip and the maid they hired for Chun Ae.
"I will let you know how it feel when you are childless..." Said Yoori in herself. She rang the doorbell but no answer. She turns the knob of the door and to her surprise it is opened. She enters the house slowly. 
"Why are you here again?" A lady's voice from behind gave her a shock. She turns around.
"You?! I thought you..." Yoori didn't expect the owner of the voice is in front of her.