Chapter 10

Apartment: should we stay?

Hi..this chapter mainly will focus on flashback about Gary and Jihyo..

"Kwangsoo had beeen transferred to ICU. What happened this time?" Jihyo ask Jongkook
"Its happened again. You know last time, he been discharged without knowing what cause of his illness. But i'm bet you guys had do the best. That's why i specifically ask for you just now because i'm worried others might not recognized him." 
2 years ago, after Kwangsoo been admitted to ICU, he was discharged well. But the hospital still follow him up as all the result came back as negative. He was well known patient at that time due to his case but only to the doctor that ever treated him.
"Is Dr Gook here? Its been a long time i saw him." Ask Haha. Jihyo shook her head and gave a smile. She missed him also.

At the same time..

"Divorce?" Gary nodded his head. He was in his studio the whole day as he need to packing up for their new apartment. He is having a chat with his buddy, Gil about the new house and possible of divorce.
"So you agree for it?" Ask Gil.
"Not really. But what choice we have? All this year, we just pretend as a married couple. Hyung, after that night i never touch her!" 
"But you seem to open your heart for her all this year."
"Is it? I don't think so, she is scary..that's why i always listen to her."
"Its obvious Gary! You love her now. Love is not about skinship, its the feeling you get when you are with her."
Gary thought for a while. 

Both Jihyo and Gary now sat at their office, their thought focused at memories 2 years ago..

Flashback
Gary approaches Haha at his table. They do the bro hug. He also been introduced to his big brother Jongkook. He knew Haha when they work together as a bartender few years back and they work together on music during their free times. but that night, Gary's eyes was earlier caught to hers. She sat in between this two man. She never been seen in this club before. He was been introduced to her as Jihyo. She is different, her outfit is simple. She talks a lot about music especially his music. 
"You really know about our music. Do you by any chance works in the industry?" Ask Gary.
"No. I had no idea about that. My work restricted me from being to the place like this." 
"Actually, we are the one who invited her. I had to repay for my wrong." Haha looks at her.
"Yah, how many times you want to apologize. The moment i sat here, i already forget about it." They continue to chat until Jongkook excused him and Haha to go back to hospital. Jihyo was also preparing to made a move when Gary catches her hand.
"Don't you think it is too early to leave?" Gary ask with a smile.
"Hmm..but i'm working tomorrow. Beside that is my third round of drinks. I'm not that high tolerance." 
"Please.. One more glass than we call it a day."
Jihyo who is actually already felt giddiness and bit slumpy, took her seat back. She also not sure why she easily agree to that which only made Gary grinned happily. Little that Jihyo know about Gary's background. He is the 'lady killer' and almost all club in Seoul knew about him. He always partying himself, surrounds by women and a quite number of them will follow him back. But that night, Gary's eyes is only at Jihyo. 
After few minutes, Jihyo already fall asleep on the table. Gary who was also high now ask one of his friend to assist them for a cab.
"Jihyo..Jihyo..where is your house?" No response. As no time wasted, Gary ask the cab driver brought them to his studio house. Luckily his partner was outstation, so no one was there.
As he carry Jihyo to the house, he can hear Jihyo mumbled his name, "Gary...Gary..."
"Aish, don't be like this. You are too drunk lady!"
After put Jihyo on the bed, Gary was about to leave the room. He didn't know why he resisted himself from touching that woman even with such level of alcohol in his body. But his step was stop when he heard Jihyo called his name again.
"Why..you..made..me..drunk...Gary...Gary..." He looked at her face and didn't realized their gap became closer. It was only Gary realized that he totally over the resistance when Jihyo suddenly pulled him closer. And the night passed leaving that couple on the bed.

The next morning, Jihyo woke up after heard her phone ringing. She tried to open her eyes. The hangover was too much for her that she felt giddiness. She looks around and noticed she was not on her bed and there is a man lying next to her. To her surprise, he is totally and same goes to her. She picks up for her clothes on the floor and rushed to the bathroom. Once she fully dressed, she went back to the bed to get her bag. Then only she recognized that man.
"Gary? Is any accident happened last night?" She thought to herself while sneakily went out from the house. She was on her way to the hospital, when Cheon Soo called him.
"Jihyo ah, where are you? I'm about to finish my shift. We need your help here.."
"Sorry, i'm late today. on my way.." Then she ended the call. The effect from hangover still reside in her body.

Meanwhile, Gary who just woke up upon hearing someone closed the front door. He noticed that he was alone on the bed. He continue to sleep as nothing happened last night.

Thorough the day, Jihyo was not herself. She made afew mistakes luckily it was noticed by her collegues. She tried to remember on incident last night. If what she predicted is happened then it will be her first. She never been so far in the relationship. 
"Are you okay?" Cheon Soo asked her when they had dinner that night. 
"Huh?" She give a blank look. She didn't hear anything.
"I heard you almost kill a patient today? Is it true? Our ace lost her sword?"
"People do have a mistake. And i'm not the ace."
"Did you safely arrive home last night?" Jihyo was startled by that question, she nodded lightly. she avoided any eye contact. Cheon Soo knew she is hiding something but he does not bother to ask as he thought she just tired from work.

******************************************************************************************

1st August  2012

It been almost a month since that night, Jihyo able to forget about the incident. Thanks to her works who made her occupied with time. She is having a light breakfast before her clinical conferences that day. While munching her sandwiches, she read some articles online. Suddenly she felt nauseated and light headedness. She rushed to the toilet and throw up. She felt weak and stand in front of the mirror. Her face looks pale. Its third time today. While she is day dreaming, her collegue give her a call ask her to come earlier to conference room. 
By 4pm, the conference ended, Jihyo already exhausted. She is not having her lunch also as her nausea getting worsened. Now her abdomen started to give a strange pain. She walked slowly to the door before she collapsed in front of it.

Hyorin stared at Jihyo. Jihyo who sat on her bed also surprised with the result. She totally in shock. Hyorin the one who break the news to her.
"I totally forgot about my menstrual.." Jihyo answered her slowly.
"So i guess we need to do ultrasound to confirmed the gestation." Hyorin already pushed the scan machine to her side.
"What? No..no..you must be kidding me. I'm not pregnant! It must be  a false result." Jihyo still in denial. She pulled up her blanket to avoid Hyorin from examined her.
" Jihyo, i'm the one who do the test. It is valid. We send twice already."
"But..how could i get.." Suddenly it reminds her on that  night.
"Gary..you jerk! Aishhh..." Jihyo covered her face with both of her hands. She was clueless. How can she forget about that things.
"Who? Gary? Who is it?" ask Hyorin. As her collegue who is close to her, she was eager to know.
Jihyo told Hyorin the whole things happened that night without both of them knew that Cheon Soo heard behind the door. He is totally shocked and left the room with the bouquet of flower he brought.

******************************************************************************************

7th August 2012

Jihyo already came back to work. Only Hyorin knew about her status. She didn't dare to tell her parents as she know they will not accept her anymore. Cheon Soo also is avoiding her since a week ago which made her mood down. She need someone to cheer her up but deep inside her heart, she also felt sorry for Cheon Soo if he knew about her condition.
"Have you find him?" Suddenly Hyorin ask her while she is looking on monitor.
"Who?"
"That guy.." Hyorin used her lip to point towards Jihyo's abdomen.
"Ah..i'm busy. Beside, i'm avoiding myself from club. I don't think he will remember me. I don't want to appear weak in front of other man. I don't need him."
"Its for the sake of the baby.." Hyorin whispered to her. Afraid others might heard her.
Jihyo gave a long sigh before she answered, "i don't wish to keep it.." She left Hyorin after that.

Jihyo was attending a middle age lady who experienced chest pain. That lady was really in stress that cause her to sweat much. After given a painkiller to reduced the pain, Jihyo was asked by her intern about further plan. They decided to do some procedure to open the blockage of her heart.
"Mrs Kang, how you feel now?" Jihyo ask that lady politely.
"Its better doctor. Oh luckily i able to come to hospital, its the worse episode i ever had."
"Is it anything that cause you having this pain? I look from your chart, you never had any heart problem before."
She just kept quiet but then after few seconds she answered, " My son.. He gave me this stress. Aishh, what i have done wrong in caring him?"she started to burst in tears. Jihyo patted her shoulder to calm her.
"Its okay, don't stress yourself again. I will explained to you for what i will be doing later." After few minutes of explaination, Mrs Kang agreed for the procedure but she insisted Jihyo for not telling her son. But as a doctor and the procedure is life saving, she need to tell one of her relative.
"Is there anyone i can contact beside your son?" Mrs Kang shook her head. She was about to leave the room when she felt giddiness. Luckily, she able to hold on the bed. Everyone in the room watched it.
"Are you okay?" Cheon Soo appeared suddenly, he hold her tight to prevent her from fall. Jihyo nodded her head.
"Never mind, i'll handle with the consent. You get your rest first." Cheon Soo already called a nurse to assist Jihyo to her room.

After took few minutes of nap, Jihyo regained her energy back. She returned to the procedure room to update on her patient. She heard an argument was going on. It sound a bit tense inside. She quickly enter the room.
"What happened here?"
"Doctor, i told you..i don't want to see him. Please..tell him to go." her son back facing Jihyo so she can't see him properly.
"Omma, i'm sorry. But the doctor told me about your condition. I can't leave you like this.."
"Sorry.. But did anyone already took your consent for the procedure?" Jihyo tapped on his shoulder. the man turn around. Jihyo's eyes widened when facing him.
'Gary?' She whispered to herself. At the same time, Gary also looks at her. He frowned and tried to remember who is she.
"Hmm..yes. Dr Gook explained to me earlier.." Gary still watching her face which made Jihyo felt nervous. She hope Gary doesn't recognized him.
"If like that...i will proceed.." She quickly took the chart and walk towards the door. She need to find Hyorin.
Jihyo asked Hyorin to replace her for Mrs Kang. She doesn't want to made any contact with the family. Meanwhile, Gary still trying hard to remember the woman he just see. He was sitting at the cafe when he saw again Jihyo walking with another doctor. he kept looking at her until the memory regain.
"Jihyo..yes its her."

10th July 2012

"I saw her, hyung. At last, i found her.." Gary told Gil for what happened on the hospital.
"So, she is a..doctor?" Gil ask again. Gary smile proudly. 
"You ask for a date?" Gary shook his head. 
"Seems like she didn't recognized me. And..she change with her collegue for my mother. So i don't see her after that."
"Try your luck bro. I'm sure this time you got her again."
"I'm Gary..always a lucky one."
After having a good chat with his best friend. He left to the hospital.

Jihyo knocked on the door. She heard someone inside allowed her to come in.
"Is it true? You are been transferred?" Jihyo ask soon she entered the room. Cheon Soo was sitting on the chair just watched Jihyo who looks angry now.
"I requested for it.." He continue to read the patient's chart.
"Why you don't tell me earlier? Is anything bothered you?"
Cheon Soo just kept quiet. Jihyo took a seat next to him. She touched his arm but Cheon Soo removed it.
"Am i important to you?" Ask Cheon Soo. Jihyo gave a blank look.
"All this year, what you take me for?" Ask him again.
"Cheon Soo.. I know you for years. We are close..you should know what i felt for you.."
"Then why you kept it from me?"
"What?" Jihyo's tone became high. Cheon Soo gave a long sigh, he stood up and walks towards the door.
"I have nothing to talk about. Just..leave me."
"Why you are acting like this?"
"Jihyo..take care of yourself. I just hope you lead a happy life ahead... And find the baby's father. Its a responsibility." Jihyo widened her eyes upon hearing the words.
"So its about me? You have no idea how i wish that thing not happened. I don't want to burdened you with this..let me take care of it. But please..don't leave me."
"I don't see any purpose for me to stay. Jihyo..listen to me. Keep the baby. He didn't do any wrong here. For once, think of the life you carry now." Cheon Soo talk to Jihyo without looking at her. He finally opened the door before Jihyo stepped out. She already burst into tears as she felt rejected and wrong.

Meanwhile, Gary was walking at the hallway when he saw a familiar figure in front of him. He approached her slowly from the back.
"Jihyo?" The woman turn to him. Gary saw she is crying.
"Why?" he ask while trying to caress her cheek but Jihyo avoid first.
"What do you want?" She wiped her tears and frowned.
"No.. Just check on you. Have you take your lunch?"
"Gary ssi, i don't know you and please behave yourself. And don't bother to ask me if i'm okay or not." Jihyo then just left him alone. She fastened her pace towards the elevator.

12th July 2012

Mrs Kang looks at her face. Jihyo just came in after Hyorin ask her to come. She knew about her after been told by Hyorin. Hyorin afraid Jihyo will kill the baby. Soon after Jihyo turn in, she ask Jihyo to sit by her side. She is getting better after the procedure and was preparing for discharge.
"Jihyo...can i call you informal like that?" Mrs Kang ask while touch softly over her hand. Jihyo who is still unsure why she had been called here, just lightly nodded. After a while, Gary appeared into the room. He was shocked to see her mother talking to Jihyo. But he just stood there watching silently.
"The baby..this baby, its his..right?" Jihyo was stunned on that question, same goes to Gary.
"What? Whose?" Gary near shout after hearing that. Jihyo and Hyorin stared at him. 
"Don't worry. I'm here.. Just tell me the truth. I want to hear from your mouth." Mrs Kang continued to comfort her. Jihyo looks at Hyorin's face. She regret to tell her friend the truth. The grip over her hand awake her up.
"I don't want to burdened anyone..just let me have my own life," Jihyo was about to leave when Mrs Kang hold her.
"Jihyo, please. For this once..let me be his grandmother."
"I'm sorry..i can't.."
"You are pregnant? Really? How can i be sure it is mine? Omma, you must believe me. She had nothing to do with me." Gary interrupted.
"What kind of man are you?after what you have done to her? You know how hard to be a single mother? You even don't recognized her that day." Hyorin scolded him. She hold the grudge for few days.
"Gary..its time for you to settle down. Please, for this time..i beg you. Do me a favour," mrs Kang voice out softly.
"I want you to marry her.. " "what?!" Both Jihyo and Gary shout upon hearing that.
That's how Gary and Jihyo marriage was arranged. The gossip about their marriage spread fast in the hospital and also few clubs in which Gary always visit.
Since that day, Jihyo became more strict and doubtful to everyone. No reason for her to be happy especially at her workplace when the person that she loves left. Her life was getting worsened after her parents disown her from the family. She is been compared with her two sisters who got married with a bussinessman and a doctor. 
Gary became more depressed as he can opposed the marriage due to her mother's condition. He lost his freedom within few days after the news he getting married spread. The title 'King of The Club' or 'Lucky Player' was only remained as memory.