Chapter 12

Apartment: should we stay?

22nd April 2014

Jihyo is having her off day today so she assumed Gary will be in his studio the whole day. She is having difficulty since early morning as Chun Ae just want to be carry by his mother. Until she had to put him in the carrier and carry on her back. But seem she only can do limited activity in that position.
She is preparing for lunch when Gary appeared in the kitchen.
"What are you doing?" He already lift up Chun Ae from Jihyo's back. Before Jihyo able to answer, Chun Ae already cry and try to reach Jihyo back.
"He is being like this since morning. Aishh...this boy!" Jihyo's face getting annoyed, she massage her shoulder due to tiredness.
"Don't scold him. Have you feed him?"
"There..." Jihyo pointing to used bowl and two bottle which shows that his son is already full by now.
"I put him to sleep but he kept crawling to me back. He didn't seem like having stomach upset." Jihyo already take off her apron and walks to the living room. Gary follows her and sit next to her.
"I think he is suffocated inside here. We seldom bring him outside." Gary speak softly to her.
"What do you mean by that?" Jihyo stared at him.
"Lets have a date today! Like a normal couple but with extra here." Gary pointing to Chun Ae.
"Are you sure? Its a lunch time now, the traffic will be a massive. With Chun Ae like this, i don't think.." jihyo's words is stopped by Gary. He put his finger on her lips.
"Just get ready. We can get to know each other. Palli!" Gary already pushed her to the bedroom. While waiting for Jihyo, Gary preparing his son and hisnursing bag. Chun Ae is crawling to the living room alone. He is pointing to one direction and stare at it for few seconds before having a loud cry like someone hurt him.
"Kang Gary, can you look after him for a while?" Jihyo shouted from her room.
"Ok...ok.." Gary took his son onto his arm and patted his back to comfort without noticing his son still pointing to the same direction.

*****************************************************************************************

They having good time that day. Time was spend as one family preciously and suprisingly, Chun Ae was being a good boy Thorough the rest of the day.
They went to a park after having lunch together. Gary was the one who pushing the stroller while Jihyo walk next to him. While walking Gary ask her to hold his arm.
"Why must i do that?" ask Jihyo.
"Usually a guy will hug her girl's waist or hold her hand when going for a date but with this stroller, i can't do it so you had to do it to complete our dating." 
"Then let me the one who push it.." Jihyo tried to grab the stroller handle from him.
"So you want to be hug? Okay, here we go." Gary let Jihyo took the handle and hug her automatically.
"Yah! Let me go, you choked me." Gary pouted as she pushed his hand from her waist. At the end, both of them pushed the stroller together. They found an empty bench and take a seat. Jihyo served a bottle of milk to Chun Ae. 
"It is a nice weather right?" Gary looks at Jihyo when he is talking. 
"Yes. Its good to be outside," Jihyo enjoying the scene.
"when is your last time to be here?"
"To be honest, i don't hang out like this since we get married," Jihyo replied still looking to the scene in front of her.
"Jihyo..i'm sorry." Gary took her hand. Their eyes met.
"Why?"
"For give you this burden. I hope i can take your burden and change with the happiness. You already suffered much, i can't bear to cause more tears from you."
"Gary, i am adapting to this burden. when i'm carrying Chun Ae, i always regret for my past and cry a lot. I regret for marrying you and for deciding to keep him. But once he was delivered to my arm, i know he is my strength, he is my life now. Everything happened for reason. I lost my family but i got new family." Jihyo smiling watching her son.
"Have you try to contact your family?" Ask Gary. They never talk about this. Jihyo shook her hand. Her smile faded, she looks on the ground.
"Omo! So cute this baby," suddenly few middle aged ladies approach them and praising Chun Ae in his stroller. Both Gary and Jihyo smile widely.
"Boy or girl?" One of the lady ask Jihyo.
"It is a boy," answered Jihyo.
"I'm sorry but his face looks like a girl. Maybe because his eyes." She still commenting.
"He took his mother's eyes," Gary interrupted.
"I see that, no wonder." 
"You two are just good to be together. Get him some companion already!" another lady said while the others giggling to her words.
"We are working on that," Gary grinned happily. Jihyo just let him have his own time. Deep inside her heart, she felt loved and blessed.

After spending time in the park, Gary brought his family to his house studio. He wants to show Jihyo at his workplace.
"Why are we here? Its almost dark." Jihyo hesitated to go inside but after been console by Gary, she stepped inside. She had been here 2 years ago and the memory still remain in her mind. That is the main reason she avoided this place and club.
"Jihyo ah..palli," Gary already at the door, carrying Chun Ae. Jihyo walk slowly joining them.
It was 2 storey house that been renovated as studio. Ground floor is where the main studio is. When they arrived, Gil was sitting on the couch briefing at one of the singer. He noticed Gary and greet him.
"Gary ah, why you bring your son here? Have you decide for him to be in music already?" Gil was too talkative that he didn't realized Jihyo at his back. Gary gave a signal for him to look back. Gil was shocked to see Jihyo and quickly bowed to her.
"Oh, sister in law! Sorry..have a seat please."
"Its okay," Jihyo smile watching Gil who looks nervous in front of her. 
"He is Gil. My buddy. we shared in this studio." Gary explained to her. He briefly introduced other staff and crew who still in the studio.
"My wife and my son. Just got green light to bring them here." Gary explained to them. Jihyo just smile awkardly.
"Gil, i'll be upstair. Don't be too loud, i have a baby here." Said Gary holding Jihyo's hand while carrying his son.
"Actually, i had some work to do. Can you just have your own time here for 30minutes? Call me if anything, i will be here." Gary pointing to one of the room when he noticed Jihyo's face. 
"Is anything bothered you?" He ask.
"Kang Gary, why you bring me here? Exactly this place?" She pointing to one of the room. She still remember that room. Gary realized his mistake. He bring Jihyo to the nearby couch.
"Jihyo, i don't mean to hurt you by reminding to those bad memories. Honestly, i just want to do my unfinished job since i got back earlier this afternoon. I forgot about it. I'm sorry."
"May i ask you something?" Jihyo turn to her serious tone.
"What is it?"
"Do you actually remember what happened that night?" Jihyo's question was unexpected from . Gary kept silent for a while.
"I remember that i try to..to kiss you. But it became further once you hug me back." Gary answer slowly, avoiding Jihyo's eyes. Jihyo bite her lower lip, 'how i hate to be drunk like that!' She thought of herself.
"Since that night, i always try to find you at the same club but after a while, i give up. And we meet again in the hospital. You are totally different compare to that night, that's why i don't recognize you."explained Gary.
"So i bet you already bring few girls here right?" 
"Jihyo ah, its in the past. I don't sleep with other women after we getting married. Trust me!" His grip was tightened to her hand.
"Its okay just be honest to me, you want us to know each other right? So at least, i should know about your past." Jihyo feeling confused at that moment. She is unsure why she is avoiding to hear the answer but at the same time her curiosity is demanding her to ask.
"I never brought them here. We did at other place..." He answered calmly and tried to look for her response.
"Is it true?" Gary nodded. "Is there any other girls after you meet me?" 
Gary swallowed his saliva quickly that cause him to choke. As knowing the answer might be, Jihyo let her hand free from his hand. She took Chun Ae and carried him towards the stairs.
"I wait in the car," Jihyo speak in her almost teary eyes. Gary quickly grabbed her hand and backhugged her.
"Jihyo, please. Trust me. But i only love you. Even i had thousand girls who willingly give their body, i only want you. You are the one for me. You are the one who made me crazy. My love for you is pure. Please Jihyo..please." Gary turned Jihyo to face him. He saw her crying. He wiped her tears away.
"Why are you like this? Are you jealous?" Gary ask her still wiping the tears.
"I don't know why i feel like this! I should not cry after knowing that truth," Jihyo crying in her words, she is unsure why she is so sad.
"Because you love me..." Said Gary while caressing her cheeks. Their eyes met again. Look into each other deeply.
"Ga..." Jihyo' s word was stopped as Gary plants his lip on hers. To Gary's surprise, Jihyo responded to the kiss after a while and it became deep and passionate. Realizing a burden on her arm, Jihyo breaks the kiss. She looks down into the ground, her face blushed.
"Take a rest first. I'll finish my work as soon as possible." He then when to his room.
"Sorry for the kiss. It was a mistake, forget about it. We should not do that." Gary was stunned at the door hearing Jihyo's words. Just a minute ago, he thought he already have her heart but now seem the chain still unopened.
'Why are you so cold hearted?' Gary mumbled to himself.

*****************************************************************************************
23rd April 2014

"I ruined my first date! I should not bring her here. Aish..how could i forget about it?" Gary talk to Gil when he go to his studio. He told him about is his regret for bringing Jihyo to his studio.
"What? That's explained why she cried yesterday. How could you forget about that? You know woman will remember every single thing in her life. Have you talk with her?"
"we do talk but it seem more complicated. And she just silent until now."
"You should do something to buy her heart again. what can make her happy. Things that can prove to her that she is the only one."
"I think i have to figure it out." Gary was having a deep thought when he heard a cry from upstair. he ran quickly to the sound.
"Gary ah, i'm thinking to open a baby day care next to our studio." Gil shouted from downstair.
"Really?" Gary came out while carrying Chun Ae in his arm. His question bring laugh to all the crew downstair who know that Gil is joking.
"Kang Gary.. I just hope your son took his mother intelligence." Said Gil who already took Chun Ae from Gary's arm.
"Yah! I'm just helpless now. She doesn't want to send Chun Ae to my mom's but she always busy working. I also had work to be done. And now this boy, so restless at home when her mother is not around. I think something weird in that house." 
"And now you became superstitious? Maybe he felt tense because of his parents. Right?" Said Gil while tried to act cutely at Chun Ae who chuckled happily.
"i'm studying on child behaviour now. I read a book just to understand his character. He was okay back in my mom's house. Now his mood totally can't be predicted."
"Just like his mom.." Gil stared at Gary and he laughed at his answer.

******************************************************************************************
Jihyo reached at Psychiatry Hospital. After parked her car, she went to the guard post. She able to get the access card to the ward now. She is meeting the doctor in charge for Kwangsoo.
"Thanks for your cooperation Doctor Kim. I hope we can do the best for him." Jihyo bowed to him.
"Don't mention it Dr. Song. We also need your feedback regarding his progression. Oh, here we are. This is the room."
Jihyo then was left alone in the meeting room. Then a door from other side open, a nurse came in together with Kwangsoo. He looks confused with his surrounding.
"Do you remember me, Kwangsoo?" Jihyo ask politely. Kwangsoo stared at her face then nodded lightly.
" you are my hyung's friend." He answered nervously avoided eye contact. He played with his fingers.
"what are you feel now?" 
"Okay..i can handle it."
"You can handle what?" 
Kwangsoo shook his head. Facing downward.
"Do you remember that day you had your seizure attack?"
"Yes.. Because i see her. Again. She find me. She need my help." 
Jihyo frowned. She thought Kwangsoo is having hallucination.
"Who is she? What did she do to you? Did she give you anything that cause you like that?"
"No. It was a mistake. We should not come to the house. She just someone who looking for a justice."
Jihyo already gave up to ask as it seem that Kwangsoo's did not tell any medical related history. The talk just going on like that with Kwangsoo keep telling he need to help her to get rid of this illness.
"Dr Song, just let your hand off from my case. Its not what you are thinking and i'm not mentally ill. I know about medical things also as i'm a physiotherapist. I just been...possesed. That's it." Kwangsoo at last raised his head facing Jihyo. But few seconds later, his eyes widened. He is sweating.
"She is here...she is here.." Kwangsoo mumbled while looking at Jihyo's back. Before Jihyo able to turn back, Kwangsoo fall from the chair. He is having another seizure attack.
"Someone help here!!" Jihyo shouted before few attendants and nurses came in.
******************************************************************************************

25th April 2014

Both Jihyo and Gary were busy doing their works at home. It was night when Jihyo was conquering the living room with her laptop and few medical books on the coffee table. She sat on the couch typing on her laptop. Meanwhile Gary sat at dining table with his laptop and his ipod. He is having a coffee trying to produce new song. Chun Ae was cruising around the house. He is learning to walk but poorly his parents too busy to aware about it.
Sound from Chun Ae's toy irritated both Gary and Jihyo. It was a robotic cat which use to attract child to walk.
"Gary...stop the cat. I'm reading now." ask Jihyo without looking to the source of the voice.
"Its not me. The cat is not here also." Gary answered still focusing in his lyric.
The music from the cat became louder and they can hear Chun Ae's chuckled happily. 
"Chun Ae?!" Both Gary and Jihyo look for their son. Then only they realized Chun Ae is stepping slowly with his feet to catch the robotic cat.
"Gary! He is walking. Omo! My boy..come here. Come to omma!" Jihyo was excitedly clapping for her son. Gary also stunned for his son action. Chun Ae who seeing his mother at his sight, quickly turned to walk slowly to her. Gary quickly took his phone and recorded the moment. He smiled happily.
"you deserved this my son. Mmuah," Jihyo hugged her son and give him a long kiss to his cheek.
"Here is it my boy. My smart boy.." Gary turn to give him a long kiss on the other cheek. Chun Ae chuckled happily receiving the love. They were busy with Chun Ae first step without realizing the robotic cat stopped by itself. 

Jihyo looks at her side. She turned sleep while sitting on the couch. She saw Chun Ae sleeping on Gary who lying next to her. Both of them turned asleep after play for a while. she can't help but admiring the view in front of her. She took her phone and captured the moment. Slowly, she lifted Chun Ae from Gary's arm.
"Oh? You awake?" Gary looks at Jihyo who attempt to move his hand from Chun Ae.
"Never mind. I'll help you to bring him inside." Gary stood up and holding his son to the bedroom.
After tucked Chun Ae in baby cot, Gary watches him and caresses his cheek slowly.
"Love you. Don't grow up too fast, appa afraid to lose time with you.." He said in soft voice. Jihyo who overheard the conversation walks toward him. 
"He need to grow up, if not it will be tiring for us to carry him all the day. You won't lose him anyway, he need the father figure." Jihyo comforted him, watches over the cot.
"I never thought i will be happy being a father. Thanks Jihyo..for give me a chance to had it."
" can we be a good parents?" Jihyo sound serious.
"Why you thought of that? Of course we are. He is growing healthily. He is perfect."
"I just thought, he need my attention more nowadays. Thats why he kept clinging on me. He need someone to pampered him. You always make your time when i'm not around." Jihyo felt jealous as nowaday her son spent more time with Gary.
"Don't worry, she need a mother figure also. From the book i read, at this age a child will attracted more to their mother."
"You read parenting book?" Jihyo laugh
"Why? A musician cannot read a book? I just want the best for him."
"Thanks Gary"
"I will do anything for my family," he smiled back. Suddenly a sound from robotic cat was heard at living room. Both Gary and Jihyo were in shock. They slowly peek into the living room.
"Gary.." Jihyo grabbed at gary's arm tight. She follow him slowly from the back. To their surprise the robotic cat was moving around the house. Gary quickly catches it and turn it off. He also removes the battery inside.
"Its okay, it will not make noise anymore." But Jihyo still hold on Gary's arm. She looks at the cat worried it might move again.
"Gary, can you sleep with us tonight?" Jihyo ask slowly. Gary who was stunned at first but then smile inside, try to control his emotion.
"Sure. Come, lets have a rest." He quickly pushed her to the bedroom.
 *****************************************************************************************
29th April 2014

Tomorrow is their housewarming party. Because of their schedule, they had to postponed until end of the month. They invited few friends from the hospital and also Gary's close friend. Jihyo is listing her things to buy for tomorrow event. Gary is out to his studio. Jihyo just remember that she had to send few emails but she forgot to bring back her laptop in her office. she decided to borrow from Gary.
'Gary, can i borrow your laptop?' - Jihyo
'Sure, what mine is yours. Password is Chun Ae's birthday' -Gary

Jihyo smile reading his message. She quickly look for his laptop in the room. while sending first email. A pop out message came out. It was online messenger. She resisted herself from read it but the pop out kept coming that she had no choice to read it.
'How is the preparation for the party?' 'Its been a while chatting with you?' How is Jihyo? Does she eat well?'
'We are looking forward for our visit to Seoul next. This time will be different as we can see our grandson. He grows up well, i know both of you can take care of it. Thanks for the video you sent to us. How cute his step is. Just remind me of Jihyo.' 

Jihyo read all the messages. She is curious to know the person who send it. Gary and this person seem to know each other well and to her surprise, it mention grandson and Jihyo. Jihyo clicks on the profile. She widened her eyes. 'Omma?'

Meanwhile Gary reached home 2hours later. He planned to do some groceries with Jihyo later. 
"Gary.." Jihyo called his name softly. Gary turned to her voice. She was sitting at the dining table.
"Anything?" Gary took seat beside her. He saw she is crying and make him more nervous.
"How long you had been contacted my parents?" Jihyo stared at him.
"Aniya..jihyo ah. I just thought i had to do something to paid for what i had done to you. I know you missed them. I traced from Min Jung hyung and he gave me the contact."
"Did they know you? It must be hard on you to talk to them."
"actually, they already forgive you. It just they are not ready to see you. I took my time to update about you and Chun Ae. They love him. I am like a sort of your mom's spy here. She will ask everyday what we are doing."
" so we are in good term with them now?"
"They missed you a lot. They want to talk to you but i ask them to wait until you are ready for it."
"Gary..is it the time?"
Gary nodded his head and patted on her shoulder. "Come here.." Gary turn on his laptop then he straight away go to the chat room and open for video chat.
"Omma, is abeoji there?" Gary ask to the lady at the monitor.
"Yes..he is here. Why?" That lady pushed a wheelchair beside her. There is a man on a wheelchair. Both of them eager to know the reason.
"there is someone to talk to you.." Gary then made Jihyo seat in front of the monitor. She already cried.
"Jihyo? " both of them called her name. Jihyo nodded while smiling in her cry. She was too happy as she never imagine to see her parents back.
"Omma..abeoji..i'm sorry. I take too long to call.." They continue to chat. Gary smile at the back. He slowly go out from the room giving Jihyo her privacy time with her parents.