Chapter 1

Apartment: should we stay?

*sorry for a long wait. Had problem with uploading it to fanfics. Need some help on that. So i need to copy from polaris and paste it here.


Jaesuk and Sukjin
 
20th January 2010
 
Jaesuk is helping his friend, Sukjin move to his new rental house. They had known each other since college age. Jaesuk witnessed almost the whole timeline in his friend's life. Graduate time, first job, his first love, marriage, his business also his marital problem..
Sukjin is watching aimlessly through the window of his new apartment. He felt lonely and depressed. He still blaming himself for whatever happened to his marriage now. Jaesuk watched him from far. He is holding the box and give a long sigh.
"Sukjin ah..at least can you help me with this?" Jaesuk is pointing to the luggage bag and few other boxed while trying to control his tone of voice. He don't want his friend to be hurt.
"Just left it there.." Sukjin answered still looking to the city view
"Sukjin, its already a week. You cannot be like this forever.."jaesuk approaching him. Although he is not married but he always give advise to his friend when he had marital problem.
"She will take me back! I assured you i will not leave here for a long time. She will come back to me. So no need to mess your head with all of this!" Jaesuk startled as he heard his friend started to raised his voice. As Sukjin felt guilty towards his friend, he move to the kitchen. He grabs a can of beer in which he bought before came to this apartment. He sat on the couch crossing all of his thing that everywhere.
Jaesuk just let him have his own good time. He continue his work on arrangement of his friend's boxes. After a while, he joined Sukjin. He need to talk to him.
"Sometimes a separation is a better choice for a couple. It is the time for both of you to think about your future. You can't let your emotion killed all your life. Make up your mind, there is still some hope for you."
Sukjin just look at the can of the beer which he just finished it a while ago. He tried to recall how happy he is as a married man but he never ask his wife about it. He realized a thing, he took everything for granted. After marriage, their relationship drifted apart, he only care about his business. For 10 years, the sparks in their marriage became faded. Until a month ago, his company wasdeclared bancrupt and his wife started to show her true color. They had a quarrel almost every night. He turned to alcohol when they had a fight. And last week, he can't control himself when his wife ask for divorce he hit her. It was his last time seeing her then as he had been chased by his wife.
"I know, i should not hit her. Luckily she is not injured. This hand..never hit a woman," Sukjin breaks into tears after recalling the bad memory again.jaesuk tried to comfort him by changing the subject.
"You know this apartment..i got the best deal for you. It was pretty good priceand some more fully furnished. With the best city view..haish. I wonder why people left this good place," Jaesuk still admiring the interior of thatapartment. It is a modern style apartment with 2 rooms.
"Who is the owner?" Sukjin tried to break the ice
"Haish..you never trust me right? I got this house from my friend. He is the agent. I can't keep you forever at my house. I know you need your own space also."
"So..how much per month rental?have you negotiate for me? You know..my condition..no job.." Sukjin look at his feet. He felt smaller in front of Jaesuk.
"Don't worry..i help you in that. For now, i want you to be happy. Focus on your future, look for new job. don't grief too much," Jaesuk patted his back.
"Arasso...arasso. Thanks again. You really good friend. I surely paid your kindness in future. You had my word."
 
****************************************************************
Its been a week Sukjin stay in his new apartment. He still adapting to his single life.As he had made promise to Jaesuk now he is looking into his notebook. He searching for something that can be call a job. Almost 4hours, now it is already 2am. He started to yawn when suddenly..
"Oppa.." He heard a female voice calling. His eyes was getting bigger in a moment. He turned around nobody was there.
"Oppa...." This time the voice became closer. It is almost a cry as he analyzed. The voice is crying for help. Sukjin move to the kitchen. He switch on the light. Nothing. Then he walk towards second room, switched on the light andstill nothing.
'Ah..maybe i'm too sleepy now. Lets called it a day. I had interview tomorrow.'
He then walk to his bedroom and staright away doze off without noticing a lady watched him.
 
****************************************************************
"I lost it!" Sukjin answered the call from Jaesuk.
" i dont know, maybe i need to change the alarm. Lately, i had difficulty to wake up." He explained to Jaesuk that his failure in the interview this morning is because his late rising. It is the third for this week. He started to piss off. Everything is not as he planned.
After he ended the call, he looks for his house key when an old man ask him.
"You are the new tenant? M12-6?" Sukjin nodded while give a big smile.
"Just call me Hwang..you are?" "Sukjin" they bow to each other.
" its been a long time since this apartment had a vacant. Any problem so far?" Mr Hwang ask him
" Hmm..i think not so much problem,"
" yah..if you need any help, just call me out. I lived here for 8years already."
Just about Sukjin want to turn to his door, he recalled something.
"Hwang ssi..is there a lady tenant here? I mean on this floor." Yes..the voice kept distracted him almost every night. He worried if it is really some voice who need help.
"Lady? There is 2 on this floor. My wife and there..a teacher. Just next your door. why?"
"Nothing..just something crossed my mind. Good evening," sukjinbow politelyto the old man who still looking curiously towards him.
****************************************************************
"You not coming? Arasso..i just have dinner by myself...its okay. Don't worry about me.." Jaesuk had to cancel his dinner with Sukjin as he is busy with his work. So sukjin had to use his alone time again to search for his new job.
A knock from the door startled him a bit. He walk to the main door and open it. A lady with long hair with fair complexion smile to him. her hand is holding a pack of food, looks like home made one.
"Oh oppa..sorry for disturb you. I'm your neighbour next door. Mr Hwang told me about you this morning. So i just want to pay you a visit," the lady started her talk.
Sukjin was totally amazed by this lady until he didn't hear some words that been uttered.
"Oppa?" the lady wave her hand in front of Sukjin's face. The scent can be clearly smell.
" oh mianhe..come in," Sukjin gave the lady a way to his apartment.
"I'm Sukjin.." "I'm Eugene" they shake hand. Sukjin can felt the coldness of her hand.
"Oh oppa, i bring you some food. I help you to prepare.." Eugene tried to break the awkardness by moving to the kitchen.
Unable to stop Eugene, sukjin just follow her to the kitchen. To his surprise, she knew where the utensils and bowl located. Even he still not familiar with it as the things already prepared when he move in.
"You seem familiar with my kitchen? Do you usually come here before?"
Eugene just kept silent. Then she turn her face to Sukjin and smile.
"Its been a while oppa..."
Sukjin just stare at her smile. He is not sure what he felt now. She started to miss his wife.