Day 2: Goodbyes & Family

He's Just a Best Friend (An Ex-Love Spin-Off)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          "Eun Ji, Eun Ji!" I heard screams coming from the living room downstairs. I charged out of my bed with a second to spare.

          "What happened, Mom?! What happened?!" I asked with messy hair and panicked.

          "The Kim family is leaving their house..." I heard Jimin say quietly while sitting on the couch near the window. I walked beside him and sat down while glaring out the window to see Taehyung's parents packing up and leaving in a moving truck. 

          "Hold on." I said and sped through the main door and down the street. My messy hair drifted in the wind and chills ran down my spine through my pajama's. "Mrs. Kim, what's going on here?" I asked the tall women who had a pale skin-tone.

          "As you could tell, we're moving...back to Daegu." She replied while looking at the floor with a faint smile.

          "But this is where you raised Taehyung. Why are you moving back to his birth place? Do you think he'd want that?" I asked as Mr. Kim silently approached from the background.

          "It's not about what he wants. We can't stay here. We stayed here for him but now theres nothing for us here. We'll have better lives there and Taehyung would want that for us. I hope you understand, Sweetheart." She said while patting my shoulder as I looked dazed.

          "You're not selling it, are you?" I asked slowly.

          "No, you can have the spare keys and do with it what you like. Everything will be the same, just a few belongings won't be here and there." I looked over at Mr. Kim as he spoke. I smiled slightly and hugged them tightly as our finally hug.

          "Thank you so much. Have a good life there. I'll go call my mom out, she probably wants an update and farewell too." I said as I got my mom from the house. Once her and Jimin stepped out and sat down near the window once again and looked out towards the house and the Kim's. 

          I walked upstairs while dragging my feet. I walked into my room and jumped my back onto my bed as I stretched my left arm out towards my phone on my bedside table. I looked through my contacts for Jungkook's name and sent him a message about what has just happened.

          I shut my phone and closed my eyes while covering them with my hands. I was truthfully stressed. The one connection I had to Taehyung was leaving just like that. On the bright side, their house and mostly all of Taehyung's belongings are being put in my hands. I smiled to myself and walked to the bathroom connected to my room and began brushing the morning breath out of my mouth.

***


*Ding Dong*

          I skipped down the stairs and quickly clicked open the door to see my mom, Jimin and Jungkook. My mom and Jimin casually walked in as Jungkook asked politely if he could enter. As he walked in, I saw the Kim's family moving truck drive off and all the lights in the house next door completely shut off without a being inside. I heaved a breath of air before my mom called me back to the living room.

          "Here are the keys to his house, use them wisely." My mom said and passed me the shiny keys to Taehyung's 'former' house. I took them gladly and walked upstairs with Jungkook following behind me to my room.

       

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter