Day 12: First Date

He's Just a Best Friend (An Ex-Love Spin-Off)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, Jungkook told me he'd take me out on a date. I was honestly just planning on sleeping in for once, but he insisted. He sent me the details over text a little after he told me he wanted to and I had to agree. Jungkook was planning on being old fashioned and taking me out on a dinner date. So luckily, I did get to sleep in for the mos of the day. When it was about an hour before Jungkook would come pick me up, I decided to lunge out of bed and get ready. For this day, I wore a black skirt and a white tee and a sweater on top, just casual enough but not too casual, since casual is my general taste in style. I heard the doorbell ring as I was looking at my hair in the mirror and I left my comb and went to answer the door.

          "Jung..." I said and looked at the girl in front of me, "Mi, Jung Mi? What are you doing here?" I said and saw her with a bucket in her hands that said 'fundraiser'.

          "Hey, I'm participating in the cancer fundraiser at our church. Would you like to donate?" She asked me.

          "Nah, I already have in the office myself. Go home and eat dinner, the money's due date is next month." I reminded her. As she was about to reply I saw Jungkook come up behind her.

          "Hey EunJi, ready for tonight?" He asked and Jung Mi turned to him skeptically. 

          "What's tonight?" Jung Mi asked and moved away from the door, so Jungkook could walk me out by the hand.

          "Me and EunJi are going on a date tonight." Jungkook said and wiggled his eyebrows at her. Her eyes widened in shock and I pulled Jungkook in the house by his hand that I was holding. 

          "Just a friend thing, for two minutes. Well, have a good one Jung Mi, bye!" I said and slammed the door in her face, feeling bad but eager to stop the situation. "Jungkook," I said as he gave me an off look and began rubbing my arm for relaxation, "oh relax, Jungkook. I'm not ending it this fast! It's just that, could we keep this as a secret, until things blow over with everyone?" I asked, wondering if he understood.

          "Sure..." He said with a smile and thumbs up but I could see from his eyes, he didn't really understand my decision. Oh well, he will later. "Now let's go on our date. I brought my car." He said proudly.

          "Fancy." I said and laughed as he dragged me out of the house gently by my hand and opened the passenger's seat door for me. "Don't treat me like a princess." I said and held the door open for myself. Jungkook walked over to his side--the driver--and buckled my seat belt for me from his seat. 

          "But Honey, you're my princess." He said and smiled cheekily.

          "Eh, so cheesy." I said and pinched his cheek while he sat up and buckled his own belt and taking our way to his favorite diner. We drove for not a long time, since traffic wasn't much tonight and quickly got off at our stop with shinning lights on the sign and bright windows reflecting the inside of the restaurant greatly. "You picked such an expensive place..." I said and scanned the fancy area.

          "Well, you bought me such an expensive gift, now take a seat." He said and pulled out the chair for me as I sat in and gave him a smile.

          "But I didn't have to search the an old park all day looking for it..." I said and looked slightly down at the table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter