Day 26: Bye Bye

He's Just a Best Friend (An Ex-Love Spin-Off)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was finally able to wake up before the afternoon to a bright morning sky with a refreshing scent seeping through my window. I stretched my arms out and let out a forced yawn before kicking my blanket off and looking at myself in the mirror. Unlike a few moments ago, I looked like I just dug out of a ditch from hell. I combed my wavy hair back with my fingers and tied it with a hair-tie that was just around my wrist. I played with my face, letting it slightly de-bloat but barely worked. I gave up and walked downstairs to cook myself a nice heavy breakfast.

          Walking down the stairs, my eyes shockingly wandered the living room and dining room, packed in boxes and boxes. The boxes weren't labeled so my investigation couldn't carry on longer. I dropped my curiosities fairly easily and walked into the kitchen. I saw my mom and my brother moving boxes out the door making my curiosity spark again.

          "Mom, Jimin." I called for their attention.

          "Oh, you're awake!" My mom dropped her box and ran to hug me oddly. It wasn't an average morning from what I was able to see.

          "What's wrong...?" I hesitated.

          "We need to talk. Come sit." She said and walked over to a couch with Jimin following along. I slowly took a seat next to her and across from Jimin and looked at them weirdly. "We're moving out." She said and smiled brightly.

          "Where to...?" I said quietly. I didn't want to move truthfully. I felt as if I was leaving my everything behind, even Taehyung's house next door.

          "Not you... me and your brother; we're leaving. This house will be all yours." She said and smiled while hugging my hands with hers.

          "What... Why?! I don't want to be alone yet, not now! I'm just not ready!"

          "Eun Ji," Jimin cut in, "this is good for you. You're going to college soon, and our new apartment is just nearby. You can visit us anytime." He got up and sat on my other side. "You're ready. You're nearly twenty-three now." He patted my back gently.

          "No, no I'm not." I looked down and rested my head on my palm, fighting a headache. 

          "Eun Ji dear, help us with the last few boxes, then I'll make you breakfast before we leave." my mother said and got up first. Jimin waited for me to stand up so I got up slowly and let him lead first. I was moving rather slowly even though there were only somewhere about seven to ten boxes left. I wanted to delay their leave as much as I could. My mom was moving at the same pace I was, but it looks like she was just tired. I felt pity and boosted my pace to the same as Jimin's, creating less work for my mom.

          "And we are done!" Jimin cheered. I smiled dully and helped my mom straighten her sore back.

          "So where's my promised breakfast?" I asked.

          "I'll make you some pancakes." My mom walked over to the fridge and pulled out pancake mix.

          "Eh, that's lame! I'll make you a yogurt parfait! They're delicious!" Jimin gleamed and went to help Mom with the breakfast. I sat down on an island's chair and looked at them closely. This house was going to be extremely empty once they left. I'll need to go shopping sooner or later, too. All I have are the things in my bedroom and a couch, an ugly one I've hated all these years in fact. At least some furniture I liked was left behind. I heard a plate be set in front of me, making me look down and smile. I dug into the pancake that was easily finished first and took spoonful's of the yogurt-whatever Jimin made me. He was right, it was delicious. 

          I thanked the two for the bright meal before the headed off. The moving truck was awaited outside while they were still on the doorsteps, bitting me a 'see you later'. We stood there in silence and stared at each other. There wasn't really an awkward vibe being sent out, but rather a serious one. Even if these weren't going to be our last words, I felt as if something important was needed to be said.

          "I'm going to miss you guys around here..." I sighed.

          "We'll miss you too, but smile! It's your house, your rules now!" Jimin clapped.

         "I'm going to miss you the most." I went up to him and hugged him tightly. "No more fooling around with each other, huh?" I asked jokingly and pulled away. I looked into Jimin's eyes and saw them at a glossy state.

         "Mom, I really think I need glasses." He looked down. "Everything is blurry."

         "Sweetie, you're just crying." She said and rubbed his back.

         "Bye Eun Ji." Jimin said before he hugged me again and turned around to leave. Before he could walk away my mom dragged him back and formed a group hug.

         

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter