Chapter 8

Our Twisted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chen hit the gas pedal, making the black van shoot forward with frightening speed. The girls were still standing up when the van started to move. Sage fell backwards into one of the boy’s laps. Aisha stumbled backwards into someone’s knees and ended up falling in someone’s lap as well. Samantha had fallen across Baekhyun’s lap, her in his face. Scarlett crashed onto Tao, who pushed her off into the floor with an annoyed huff. Evangeline had managed to grab onto the side of the car but was thrown onto Suho.

 

Evangeline’s legs went halfway in the air and her back pressed onto Suho’s lap. Scarlett clung onto Chanyeol’s leg, praying they could make it out of this alive. Baekhyun had his body covering Samantha’s as a bullet broke through the glass, showering them with shards. “GET OFF OF ME YOU !” Samantha screamed.

 

“DO YOU WANT TO DIE!?” Baekhyun screamed back.

 

“SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!” Evangeline yelled louder than the two arguing.

 

“It must be one of the local gangs!” Kris yelled over his shoulder. Chen took another sharp corner. The tires on the left side of the van left the pavement for a good five seconds. All the girls felt their hearts stop.

 

Sage looked behind her to see that Luhan was the person she was sitting on. He had his arm wrapped around her waist to keep her from sliding around, jacket covering her from getting cut up by glass. Aisha’s hands were gripping the arm of the person she was sitting on. She opened her eyes and realized that the person she landed on was the staring Sehun. He was watching her with a cold gaze.

 

“WELL WHY THE HELL ARE THEY COMING AFTER US THEN!?!" Samantha shouted.

 

“Gangs don’t need a real reason to go after one another! They probably thought we were in their part of the territory!” Chen responded.

 

“ARE WE IN THEIR TERRITORY?!” Scarlett asked, still clinging to Chanyeol’s leg, eyes squeezed shut.

 

“Not anymore!” Kris said, as Chen drove straight into traffic.

 

“WE WERE?!? OHMYGOSH WE’RE GOING TO DIE!” Aisha and Sage screamed covering their eyes. Sage hid her head in the side of Luhan’s neck. Aisha closed her eyes and curled up against Sehun’s chest.

 

“WHY ARE WE GOING TO---ARE YOU CRAZY?!” Samantha said, lifting her head to look out the broken window. Cars zoomed by them. The sound of gun shots still followed them, echoing even in the noisy traffic.

 

“WHY WOULD YOU DRIVE STRAIGHT INTO TRAFFIC!?!?” Evangeline screamed.

 

Scarlett’s anxiety was starting to take hold. She began to have trouble breathing. Samantha noticed and tried to calm her, saying to hang in there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter