Chapter 2

Our Twisted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

“Okay, girls. I can say, we are officially lost.” Evangeline said.


“It’s fine, Eva. I think I can get ourselves out of here.” Aisha said, pulling out her tricked-out cellphone.


“What the heck did you do to that thing?” Sage asked, chocolate eyes widening.


“What? This? This is nothing.” Aisha said, tapping away. “I could easily make this a lot cooler, but now is not the time.” In a few moments, she let out a happy “yeeee!”


“Okay, I got a way out of here. We’ll take a right soon, and then for three blocks we’ll take a left and then just go north until we reach the marketplace again.”


“Sounds like a plan.” Victoria said. Suddenly they heard a shout and a rumbling sound. The group looked at each other with concern.


“Uh...What’s that noise?” Samantha asked.


“It smells a bit like cow poo.” Sage said slowly.


The rumbling noise became louder and a lot closer.


"What the heck..." Victoria breathed. They saw shapes in the distance.


“It’s the running of the bulls…” Scarlett said slowly. The group slowly turned around and screamed.


“RUN!”


The girls scattered, trying not to get hit by the stampeding bulls. Evangeline ran ahead and ended up in the marketplace, remembering Aisha’s instructions. She looked around, trying to see if any of her girls had escaped. She saw Sage and Aisha tumble into the street, panting and gasping.


“HELP! HELP!” she heard Victoria say.


“TORI!!!” The three yelled, and tried to push through the crowd who was eagerly watching the unexpected bull running. They found Samantha and Scarlett in their frantic search.


“Do you have Tori?” Samantha asked them. The three girls shook their heads.


“Oh crap...where is Tori?” Scarlett asked. Her eyes began to scan desperately through the crowd. Scarlett was closest to Victoria in their group.


“We’ll have to search once this chaos is over.” Aisha reasoned, but her eyes still roamed the street, trying to find Victoria’s blue head.


“What if we can’t find her?” Scarlett asked desperately.


“Then we go to the police, of course.” Evangeline said, pushing through people, trying to find the small girl.


For what seemed like ages the bulls ran as people clapped and cheered. It would’ve been an awesome sight to see, but given the circumstances it was not the time for unexpected celebration. The girls continued to search for their practically helpless friend in the foreign city. Scarlett, desperately wanting to find her, gave out a cry of shock.


“Girls! I found something!” she shouted over the noise. By this time the crazy sight had begun to fade off. The other girls joined Scarlett.


“Is that...Tori’s phone?” stammered Samantha. The other girls looked over her shoulders.


“Ohmigosh, it is.” Sage said. It was smashed, the screen askew as if someone smacked it with a hammer a couple of times.


“That’s it. We’re going to the police.” Scarlett said, gingerly picking up the very broken phone.

 


“I’m sorry, girls. We’ve done all we can do.” The Italian policeman said with a funny accent.


“SERIOUSLY?” Scarlett yelled. “THIS IS A WOMAN WE’RE TALKING ABOUT!!! IT’S BEEN A WEEK AND THIS IS ALL YOU CAN DO?!?!?!”


“Miss, please calm down-”


“I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! THIS IS MY BEST FRIEND WE’RE TALKING ABOUT HERE!” Scarlett shouted back.


“We really are trying-”


“Forget it. Just. Forget it. It’s obvious you’re not trying.” She snapped, and walked out of the station and met her four peers.


“How’d it go?” Sage asked, already fearing the answer.


“Still nothing. They combed that area, but it’s obvious that they were more concerned about those stupid bulls to care about a woman’s life. Seriously, they have pins up of all the possible suspects on who let those animals out, and nothing anywhere about our Tori missing!!!” Scarlett said with anger.


“Let’s get back to the hotel and think this through.” Samantha said, running a hand through her hair.



Returning back to their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter