Attention

First

 

Time flew by. You sometimes thought about Yugyeom during your short break after hours of studying. Who he actually was, what you actually knew about him. All of the information you’ve got was just his amazing look despite being a trainee: his dark brown eyes, his sent-from-heaven smile, his high-bridged nose and his extremely y jawline… You hadn’t even asked how old Yugyeom was. He called you noona so you just automatically considered him as a little brother. You weren’t curious, but seemed like you had to be. At most time, the handsome boy stayed at the company, of course, he had to work very hard to debut. But he still waited for you at the convenience store, maybe your school gate or the yard behind the school once or twice a week. Yugyeom told you a lot, made you laugh and asked you some serious yet childish questions, the “noona, you like me, don’t you?” when you were having lunch at the teokbokki store near school for example. Honestly you didn’t know how he could find you so easily and how he figured out your favorite song although you rarely shared your thought with him. If Yugyeom had confessed to you a couple of months ago, you would have said no within a second. But now, you were hesitating. Your mind was tumbling as if it was dancing to 2PM’s Heartbeat choreography (yeah, K-pop was another hobby of yours :3) but you acted normal and as usual.

Your homeroom teacher, Mrs.Choi had planned a camping trip to the wilderness. You guys tended to go climbing and play the survival game ( a fake battle in which you would be seperated into 2 teams and raced against the clock to get the other team’s flag. You could also shoot your enemy with paint). Ah, this involved too many physical strength, which was totally not your field.

“It’s your senior year, guys! You don’t have much time together anymore. I’ll try to convince your parents so just make sure to pack your bag, OK? Let’s create some memories!” ,said mrs.Choi.

D-day. You hopped on the bus just to see everyone had their best friend to chat, share earphone, snack, etc. All those stuffs, you usually didn’t mind but now you seemed to can’t help noticing. Mrs. Choi started to call the roll. That was when you suddenly heard.

“Kim Yugyeom”

You didn’t mishear, did you? She obviously said Yugyeom’s name, loud and clear.

“Is Yugyeom here?”

And there he was. The snapback-placed-backward-showing-off-the-ash-gold-bangs popped up at the door. Yeah, that boy still looked charming since the last time you saw. A simple v-neckline black T-shirt matched a mint-colored baseball jacket, ripped skinny jeans, leather sneakers and a rectangular parallepiped backpack as a finishing touch. Though the boys on the bus tried to keep calm, they couldn’t stop feeling to be left out when all the girls automatically their fangirl mode, some scream was leaked out as they were astonished by Yugyeom’s gaze. The cute boy looked round, catched your enlarged eyes at him. A cheeky grin crept on his face as he walked toward an empty seat next to yours. Gosh, why did he have to wear that smile every time he saw you? It made you feel like passing out! You had to admit, for the first time ever, you were proud yet nervous to be around him, with all the attention from your classmates. You vaguely saw some flame of jealousy lighting up in their eyes.

“Noona, do you miss me?” Yugyeom blinked, acting cute, with which wasn’t the first time you had to deal.

“Honestly, Yugyeom, are you that free? I mean dancing, vocal training, practising posing in front of camera and so on, don’t you have to focus on that?”. You frowned. “Why. are. you .here?”

“I miss my noona, of course. Plus, you don’t have friend so…can’t I be yours? Please please please” . He pouted.

“Psst! For the record, It’s not that I don’t have friend, I just don’t want to.” You laughed it off. “By the way, this is our class’ personal trip, how did you sign up?”

“Piece of cake”. Yugyeom shrugged. “I claimed myself as your little brother and asked to come along. Mrs. Choi is very nice”

You shook your head lightly. “You and your shameless flower boy trick!”

“Rin Mi-ssi!”. The ash-gold hair hadn’t yet answered when Yerin cut him off. That arrogant girl had done nothing but thrown despite looks at you every time she saw you passing by on the hall way, suddenly called out your name. You rapidly got that it was Yugyeom that made her to do so. “Who is this handsome?”

“My brother”. You replied in a plain tone.

“Wow, like by blood? Your brother is so hot, unlike someone…”

“No,no. Our relationship doesn’t work like that”. Yugyeom answered on my behalf. “Plus, my noona is very beautiful. Her face is pretty, her eyes are pretty, her nose is pretty, also her lips, her hair... Everything about her is just gorgeous.”

“You mean this noona?”. Yerin pointed at herself, earning some nods from other girls.

“About that…Aren’t you a little bit too confident?”. Yugyeom put on a half-smile. In his eyes, there was something different, maybe a threat, you thought. His smile also had another meaning, unlike ones which were made for you. Yerin dropped the conversation. She must have felt embarrassed at this point because your baby brother humiliated her in front of her flattering friends. You blushed but deep down a thousand times pleased.