First night

First

Of all the scary things, seeing your love one lying on the ground unconciously might be the worst. You tried to help Yugyeom standing up but again, your awful physical strength stood in the way. Your heart shattered as he clenched his teeth while you were bandaging the wounds up. The sun was about to set and a couple of minutes ago, you heard a whistle announcing the game was over, which meant your faint hope that someone, either team mate or enemy would find you here, was even harder to be true. You intertwined your fingers with his, praying.

“Noona… What. Are. You. Doing?”. Yugyeom rubbed his eyes. “I can’t believe that you took advantage og this moment to hold my hand. If you want it so bad, you can just say it!”.

You was going to ask if he was ok but looking at his expression when he teased you, you had no doubt that he was getting better. You let go off his hand but he held back. “Yah! So what exactly are you doing now?”

“Revenging, of course!” Yugyeom said while sitting up straight. He caught the anxiousness in your eyes and smiled. “Don’t worry. I’m all good now”.

You did want to believe your precious brother was fine but how could you when he still looked so pale. Getting better didn’t mean he was fully recovered. “No, you’re not, babo-yah! You should have seen yourself 10 minutes ago. You scared me. Never again make me have that feeling, ok?

“I know. I know. I’m sorry, noona-ah. We’d better go. It’s getting dark”.

“By the way, what happened?”. You asked when you both headed back to the campsite.

“Well, I ran after the one who got you hurted, it was the girl we talked to on the bus. After dealing with her I went back and tripped over a stone. So this happened”. Yugyeom explained.

“Wow, you really shot a girl?”

“To me, only you are considered as a girl”.

You rolled your eyes, pouted in disbelief. “Oh please, stop lying!”.


You and Yugyeom shared the tent but there was a big distance between you two. It was almost midnight but you couldn’t sleep. Yugyeom was awake as well.

“Noona, are you sleeping?”. The boy murmured.

You didn’t reply. Maybe everything would be better this way. You didn’t want to be dragged into a vicious love circle. Your stupid heart was going crazy as it got the chance to lean on somebody. But not without your permission. 17 years living in this cruel world, you realized the only person that you could lean on was yourself. Because anyone who was next to you, didn’t matter how important they were or how hard you tried to keep them around, eventually, they would walk away, like your parents did.

“Noona, you obviously haven’t slept yet.”

Silence.

“In the wood back then, you worried about me a lot, didn’t you?”

Silence.

“Your eyes. They were swollen. You must have cried”.

So, so what? Let me sleep, will you?”

“I know you can’t sleep unless you stay on your bed at home”.

You didn’t even looke at the boy. “Why not? I’m very adaptable”.

“Noona, you can’t stand the cold. It has to be this warm”. Yugyeom snuggled up to you. His warmth kicked out the chill which bothered you since you lay down. He was right, you never liked cold because cold meant alone. You nudged him away from you but honestly hoping he would stay still.

“Stop nudging. I won’t move”. Yugyeom cooed.

“Your wounds… Better now?”.

“They all healed up. See for yourself”.

“Nonsense! How could they heal in such short time?” You pulled up his sleeve, gasped in amazement. “I swear I’ve seen your bone and blood was everywhere”. The deep cut on his right arm had disappeared. There wasn’t any sign of it, not even a scar. You shook your head as you thought yourself must have been paranoid or maybe dazzled by the unusual fog.

“Goodnight, Gyeomie”. You yawned.

“Sleep tight, noona”

...

“But…uhm… How old are you?”

“I’m 17”.

“Hey, we’re at the same age. Why keep calling me noona?”.

“Doesn’t it sound cute? Plus, you were born in August, right? I was born in November. So I’m still 3 months younger. Noona is still noona”. Yugyeom smiled.

“Awww, come on! I don’t want to be old”. You whined.

Yugyeom turned his head to face you. “I told you I have and always will contemplate you, only you”.

“I’m going to sleep. Really”.

Yiou heard him giggling. You had to stop this conversation before it got any further. Your cheeks were blushing but his warm body wasn’t the reason why. You weren’t sure in such a small gap like this whether Yugyeom could listen to the beating of your heart. For the first time ever, it was pounding like crazy.

They don’t know about the things we do

They don’t know about the I love you’s

But I bet you if they only knew

They would just be jealous of us

They don’t know about the up all night’s

They don’t know I've waited all my life

Just to find the love that feels this right

Baby they don’t know about, they don’t know about us

Yugyeom hummed your favorite melody, lulled you to sleep with his angelic voice. But you were afraid, that he wasn’t really here, with you, that this was all a dream, that he would leave you the second you fell asleep…