Kill or be killed

First

Yugyeom's POV

Yerin was my father’s right hand, and I hated her for that. Not only murdered Rin Mi’s parents, but she also attacked Rin Mi when we were in the forest for the class trip. I successfully protected Rin Mi although the injury was quite bad. However, thanks to that, I could have her take care of me. She cried her heart out for me. She took the initiate to hold my hand. What could be better than that?

The day of Rin Mi’s university exam was nearer and nearer so this time was very important to her. I had to try really extremely hard to keep myself away from seeing her, scared of the fact that I could distract her from studying. It was not until when she finished her last day of exam that I appeared in front of her again. We went to have some noodle before going to the amusement park for the whole day and I swore there were thousands of times I wanted to squeeze her and kiss the life out of her when I still could, because in two more days, Rin Mi would turn 18, which meant the wolf pack would begin their deadly plan  However, I was still praying possitively, or just maybe they had forgotten the stupid curse.

They didn’t.

Right in that night, Yerin showed up again. She wasn’t hesitant at all in exposing her true identity – a giant black wolf. Therefore, to protect Rin Mi, I had no other choice except transforming in front of her. I fought with those frightened eyes of her burnt inside my head. The other wolf instantly snapped my front leg but I couldn’t dodge. I struggled to break out before stinging my pointed teeth on her neck, causing Yerin to hiss in pain. After a few seconds, she positioned herself for another attack, her icy cold gaze pinned on Rin Mi rooted to her feet. I growled intimidatingly, throwing myself forward to in Yerin’s stomach, making her stumble and stay away from Rin Mi as far as possible. We kept on fighting to a rather bloody point, drop after drop fell onto the ground. I was utterly exhausted, back into my defensing form to shield my mate behind me. If Yerin were to attack again, I was afraid I couldn’t make it out alive. Taking the advantage of the moment I shook my whole body to stay focus, Yerin immediately stormed forward, her shiny fangs and claws already aimed at me with a death blow only to receive shot by a silver bullet in her heart. The wolf winced as it slowly retrieved back to her weakest human form. Her shaky breath barely came out of her chest before it stopped permanently. I turned around to see a stranger still holding a gun straight at me. He was tall, well-built. Not until did the moon glow its light that I realized the similarity of his face to Rin Mi’s.

Was he her brother?

Why didn’t he shoot me?

Why only now did he show up?

What was he expecting? That I would beg him for life?

The man looked at me with concern before putting the gun down then rushing to my mate, who had fainted for a while, in her hand was our locket.