Awkward

First

The next morning you went to school as usual.

“I’ve secretly watched you for weeks. Your school must be around here, huh? I see you passing by everyday”

You glanced at the convenience store as your flashback reminded you of yesterday. The store hadn’t even open yet and of course, Yugyeom wasn’t there anymore. You honestly didn’t expect a thing in your first met last night. You never believed in destiny. Urgh, just speaking of that was childish already!

“Are you looking for me?”.

 You heard a cute voice whispering behind your ears and suddenly put on a smile.

“Why should I?”

But then in a flash of an eye, you shook it off as you said to yourself: Oh please, stop dreaming, guys like him must be a playboy or a psychopath or maybe both to notice you.

“Noona, you stand here and keep staring at the table where we ate , for like 5 minutes, when in fact you have only 10 minutes left to catch a bus to go to school”

Yugyeom stepped forward, face-to-face with you while slurping banana milk with those irresistable lips. His eyes were sparkling under the bright sunlight. His delicate scent drove you insane. He dressed casually but still managed to show off the adorable but but chic style: A simple white T-shirt covered by a denim jacket ton-sur-ton with skinny jeans and khaki-brown boots, not to mention some cute accessories like a silver necklace and leather bracelets. His hair was still ash-blue but lighter, seemed like the stylist was about to change it to another color. With this rate, you thought idols in general would have to suffer from scalp-cancer for sure. You slid 2000 won into that handsome boy’s hand and ran off. You’re not going to fall for him, totally not, definitely not!

Schooling had never been a problem to you. Cause you didn’t have any friend so you spend much time studying. But hey, you weren’t a nerdy type of girl who always pleased teachers and stuck in the library for life. There was a big yard behind your school with many trees so you usually sneaked in for some peaceful time, like reading fan fictions, listening to K-pop and drawing. You enjoyed sketching your thought, dream also your childhood. These days you kept on drawing a chubby puppy with soft fur, round figure and a small black spot at the end of his tail. He slightly opened his mouth showing off his tiny but sharp teeth, some how he looked more like a wolf cub than a regular dog. You burst out of laughter, what an imagination!

“What are you doing here?”

You startled, almost fell off the bench.

“Oh my gosh Yugyeom! I should ask you the same question. How did you get in?”

“Easy”. Yugyeom pointed at the wall covered by moss behind his back. “Climbing”.

“You’re gonna get caught. Go home!”. You shooed

“But seeing you is a lot more fun”. Yugyeom beamed.

“Are you nuts? By the way, why a trainee has so much free time?”

He leaned closer to you.“Are you interested now?”

“Who cares!”

You had just finished your sentence when Yugyeom grabbed your sketchbook, curiously examining.

“Give it back! I forbid you ro open it!”. You jumped harded, struggled to prevent the mischievous boy from actually looking into your work of arts.

Unfortunately, your goddamned modest height just betrayed you in this crucial moment. But wait, it wasn’t because you were short, the problem was that he was too tall. Standing in front of him made you feel so small and vulnerable.

“Noona, you must have drawn some in here, mustn’t you?” . Yugyeom giggled. “Busted!”. He stood on his toes in order not to let you touch the sketchbook. You helplessly pushed him, wasn’t a bit thinking that he would actually fell for it. In half a second of losing balance, he suddenly held your wrist. As a result, you both lay on the grass. “Wow, you’re really good at this. Hey, this is my puppy. How did you know?”

“I…I…uhm…I didn’t”. “The question should be how could you be so calm after our awkward moment. You bad boy!”. You scrunched your nose. “Anyway… You should leave, don’t stay here, ok? I gotta go.”

You continued with the ignore-that-cute-guy plan but instead of letting you go like last time, Yugyeom pulled you back and slid a handkerchief into your hand. “If I were you, I wouldn’t dare to go back to class with full of dirt and grass on my burnished hair.”

Yugyeom smiled, again. You caught billions of sunlight shining from that smile, so warm yet so sweet…