Chapter 8

r2

“We’re going to have 2 interns joining us from today.” Jaeseop said to the whole hotel crew.

 

“Interns?” asked Kibum and Kevin at the same time.

 

“2 college students chose our hotel for their internship. One will be assigned in the kitchen while the other will be assigned at the information desk. They’ll be here for four weeks, to do an observation and such. Treat them nicely and feel free to bully them around.” Jaeseop added, half serious.

 

Dongho was the happiest person upon hearing the news. Kevin thinks it’s cute that he’s very excited to meet new friends. Kibum thinks Dongho was just relieved because now he won’t be the only one bullied.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“Nice to meet you!” The two guys bowed in unison. All four of them, Kevin, Jaeseop, Dongho and Kibum stared at the guys in front of them. Each of them had different expressions on their faces.

 

Dongho: ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶

Kibum: =_=

Kevin: O____O

Jaeseop: (×̯×)

 

“Eli! Why didn’t you tell me that you picked our hotel for your internship?” Kevin said, hugging Eli tightly.

 

“I wanted to surprise you.” Eli grinned happily.

 

“Hey, we meet again.” Kiseop said to Kibum as he flashes his killer smile and V-pose. ^___^v

 

“Yeah..did you bring food?” Reply Kibum

 

“Eh? You know each other?” asked Kevin

 

“Yeah, we’re gym buddies. We sort of bumped to each other when I was at the gym working out, that’s how we became gym buddies.” Said Kibum

 

Jaeseop kept on staring at Eli, his face was pale. Nobody seems to notice it, except Kevin.

 

“Are you okay?” Kevin asked, softly.

 

“Pi..pi..geon…”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Giant pigeon...” Jaeseop said, his wide eyes.

 

Eli reached out a hand for a handshake, “Nice to meet you, Mr. Kim. I’m Eli.”

 

Jaeseop just kept on staring at Eli’s hand with wide eyes. He didn’t even say anything. Cold sweats were visible on his forehead.

 

“Will you excuse us for a while?” Kevin said, dragging his pale-faced boss along with him. They entered an empty conference room. Kevin asked Jaeseop to sit down on a chair.

 

“Yah, snap out of it!” Kevin snapped his fingers in front of Jaeseop, hoping that he will be back to his normal self.

 

“He’s my biggest nightmare...” Jaeseop looked up to look at Kevin, his face was terrified.

 

He’s so damn cute when he’s scared.

 

“Hey, that’s not a pigeon, that’s my cousin Eli. There’s nothing you should be afraid of...”

 

Jaeseop looked down.

 

“...he’s not even wearing a pigeon costume though he may look like a pigeon but still he’s human not a bird, and he’s not so giant either you’re taller than him you know. It’s okay, relax huh?”

 

Jaeseop still kept silent. Kevin reached out his hands and hugged Jaeseop tightly. Jaeseop was surprised by the action, but he’s not resisting it.

 

“Why don’t you think of your nightmare when you can think about your beautiful dreams?” Kevin asked, his voice was so soft, it’s almost like he’s whispering. Kevin gently ran his hands through Jaeseop’s blonde hair.

 

“Think about ‘Kevin’. He’s not scary.”

 

Jaeseop can feel his face heated up.

 

“I’ll be jealous if you’re afraid of Eli. It’s like you care about him more than me…I mean, ‘Kevin’.” Kevin continued.

 

Kevin released Jaeseop from his hug and looked into his eyes.

 

“So don’t be afraid of him anymore. You’re the boss, he should be afraid of you.” Jaeseop silently nodded.

 

“Thank you, Kevin.” Jaeseop said, smiling.

 

Kevin can feel his heart beat faster upon seeing the smile.

 

“No problem, boss.”

 

Jaeseop intertwined his fingers with Kevin and gaze into his eyes.

 

“Stop calling me boss, in private.”

 

“O..okay.” Kevin replied, blushing. Suddenly the door burst open.

 

“Hey Kevin!” Kibum shouted. Then he paused, surprised at the sight in front of him. Jaeseop and Kevin were holding hands and gazing lovingly into each other’s eyes.

 

What is going on here?

 

Aware of Kibum’s presence, Kevin quickly let go of Jaeseop’s hand, his face slightly flustered.

 

“Don’t you know how to knock, Kim Kibum?” Jaeseop asked, coldly.

 

“I’m sorry, Mr. Kim.”

 

“What’s up Kibum hyung?” Kevin asked to break the tension.

 

“Uh, our hotel’s new image model has arrived, a very famous idol star. I think you’re gonna love this one.”

 

“Oh yeah?” Kevin walked straight towards the door before stopped.

 

“Aren’t you coming?” Kevin offered his hand to Jaeseop.

 

“Sure.” Jaeseop said, taking his hand.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Okay, this is awkward.

 

“Umm… jagi, I didn’t know that you’re our new image model.” Kevin asked, to start a conversation.

 

“I was called at the last minute since SNSD’s YoonA couldn’t make it…” Replied Jiyeon

 

Silence and awkwardness filled the air. Jaeseop walked towards them, he wasn’t even aware of Jiyeon’s presence there.

 

“Hey Kevin, can you ask who’s in charge in the shoot today? For some reason, I don’t really agree with their choices...” Jaeseop said as he naturally reached out his hand to fix Kevin’s hair, lovingly. Jiyeon stared at the sight, her eyes wide. O___O

 

Okay, this is VERY awkward.

 

Kevin cleared his throat.

 

“Uh, AJ…er...Mr. Kim, this is our new image model, Park Jiyeon of T-Ara.”

 

“Jagi, this is my boss, Mr. AJ Kim.” Kevin introduced the two. Jaeseop looked at Jiyeon with mixed feelings. Jiyeon reached out her hand forward for a handshake.

 

“Nice to meet you, I’m Kevin’s GIRLFRIEND.” Jiyeon noted. Loud and clear.

 

Jaeseop scoffed. He looked at Jiyeon’s hand but did not touch it.

 

“Well, I’m Kevin’s BOSS.” Jaeseop raised his eyebrow and leave.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“Oh my god, she’s so cute!”

 

Joon is applying makeup on Jiyeon’s perfect face as he volunteered to do it since he’s not on duty in the kitchen today and because he has a big crush on Jiyeon himself. He’s blushing.

 

She’s so C-U-T-E!!!!

 

“Er…Joon hyung. Why is her lips purple?” asked Dongho as he pointed at Jiyeon’s lips. Joon just realized that he accidentally put on purple lipstick. He was too stunned at Jiyeon’s face.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I guess I just have to do it again.” Jiyeon stared at Joon.

 

“I mean, do your lips.” Joon chuckled as he caresses Jiyeon’s face gently before winking. Jiyeon had goose bumps all over her body. She just wished it to be over quickly.

 

Is he flirting with me?!

 

“You two make a cute couple.” Said a voice.

 

Jiyeon looked at the direction, it was Eli.

 

“What are you talking about?” Jiyeon said, slightly pissed.

 

“Keep on flirting with her, Joon hyung. It’s not that hard to get her in your pants.” Eli said, his tone was serious.

 

“Shut up, Eli.”

 

Eli glared at Jiyeon and left.

 

“That guy...” Jiyeon hissed.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“Are you free tonight? Let’s have dinner together.” Jiyeon had just finished the shoot. She was leaning at the wall while looking at her boyfriend doing his work in front of a computer. Kevin didn’t know what to answer. For some reason, he’s not in the mood to face Jiyeon.

 

“Er…jagi...” Kevin was struggling for an excuse to say no.

 

“Don’t even think of going home early today, Kevin. I want you to finish your work by tonight.” Jaeseop said.

 

Jiyeon rolled her eyes. “Don’t you think you worked him too much? What is he your slave?”

 

Jiyeon confronted Jaeseop. She was clearly trying to be a perfect girlfriend. Jaeseop glared at her.

 

“It’s okay jagi. I have to finish this. We’ll have dinner some other time. Besides aren’t you tired of the shoot today? Don’t you have a schedule tomorrow?” Kevin tried to calm Jiyeon down.

 

Jiyeon sighed. “Fine, if you say so.” Jiyeon walked to Kevin and planted a quick kiss on Kevin’s lips. “Call me later okay?”

 

Kevin can’t help but think that she was doing it on purpose, to show off in front of Jaeseop. After Jiyeon left, Kevin turned around and met Jaeseop’s eyes.

 

“You can go home if you want.” Jaeseop said, his voice was soft.

 

“I’d rather be with you… I mean, I’d rather stay here and finish my work…with you.” Replied Kevin

 

Kibum, who was standing at the door and accidentally saw the whole incident. He frowned.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“Don’t stay here too late Kevin, and please come home tonight.” Eli said before winking.

Kevin laughed. “Don’t worry, just don’t forget to leave me some food if you cook anything.”

 

“We’ll be going now.” Kiseop said. Eli and Kiseop left the hotel playfully messing each other’s hair.

 

Kibum and Kevin were the only ones left in the hotel.

 

“Hey, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?” Kibum said.

 

“Sure, take care.”

 

Kibum was about to leave but he stopped by the door and turned to face Kevin.

 

“Kevin-ah.”

 

“Yeah hyung?”

 

“You should just stick to the one that’s real.” Kevin looked at Kibum, puzzled.

 

“Life is not a fantasy.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Kevin asked.

 

Suddenly Jaeseop entered the office, with some food in his hands.

 

Kibum forced a smile, “Never mind.”