Chapter 4

r2

“Kibum hyung, I can take it from here. You can go home and rest.”

 

“Are you sure? I can stay if you want.”

 

“You helped enough for the day. I don’t know how to thank you. Now go home and rest before I feel even more guilty.”

 

Kibum seems tired but he’s still able to smile.

 

“Are you okay with staying here by yourself? I heard our floor is haunted”

 

Kevin slapped Kibum’s arms.

 

“Oww!..what’s that for?” Kibum said as he rub his arms.

 

“For talking nonsense“ Kevin took Kibum’s suitcase from the table and shoved it to him.

 

“Now go home before I change my mind.”

 

Kevin was looking through all the pictures on the internet on his computer that he can use for ideas for the new project of their hotel. Suddenly his stomach growled. Kevin tried to ignore it but it’s getting painful by every second. He left his chair and slowly walked to the couch. He curled up his body, trying hard not to cry.

 

When did I last eat?

 

He couldn’t really remember. He’s so frustrated. He can’t finish his work in this condition, his stomach is hurting. He can’t help but to cry. He looked up and was surprised to see Jaeseop standing by the door. Kevin hissed.

 

“Are you happy seeing me suffer?”

 

Jaeseop looked away. Kevin continued to cry despite Jaeseop was watching. He didn’t care anymore.

 

“Are you okay?” Jaeseop said as he approached Kevin. Jaeseop noticed that Kevin was holding his stomach.

 

“Have you eaten?” Jaeseop asked, his voice sounded concern. Kevin didn’t answer him, he continue to sob while pressing a hand on his stomach. Jaeseop came closer and kneeled down to meet Kevin’s teary eyes. Kevin avoided Jaeseop’s gaze.

 

“Stupid boy” Jaeseop took Kevin’s right arm and put it over his shoulders.

 

“Stand up.” He ordered. Kevin stood up, even though he’s unsure of Jaeseop’s intention.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Shut up. I’m taking you to the doctor.”

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“Where do you live? I can drive you home.” Jaeseop and Kevin are on their way back from the clinic.

 

“It’s okay, you can just drop me at the hotel. I want to finish the project for tomorrow.” Kevin said as he looked out of the car’s window.

 

“You’re sick, there’s no way I’m going to let you work.” Jaeseop sounded protective. Kevin suppressed a smile.

 

“I insist. I don’t want to make myself look stupid in front of Mr. Nam tomorrow.” Jaeseop ignored him.

 

“I wouldn’t be in this condition if you told me to do the project a week ago.” Said Kevin, Jaeseop raised an eyebrow.

 

“You missing meals have nothing to do with my orders.”

 

“You’re being ridiculous.” Kevin said, his eyes enlarged and was staring at Jaeseop.

 

“I’m the one who took you to the clinic. At least I deserve a little thank you.” Jaeseop said irritably Kevin scoffed.

 

“Okay, thank you. Now you got your thanks, can you take me back to the hotel, please?” Jaeseop bit his lip.

 

“Fine.” They reached the hotel at about 9 pm. Kevin put down his bag on the table and his computer. Jaeseop was standing by watching him working.

 

“You can go. I can drive myself home later.” Kevin said, turned his head towards Jaeseop.

 

Jaeseop walked to the couch at the centre of their office and sat there, not responding to Kevin.

 

“I think I’ll stay here. Just in case, you need another trip to the doctor.”

 

Kevin rolled his eyes. “Do whatever you want, you’re the boss.” He turned his head to face the computer screen. He smiled. For some reason he feels safer in Jaeseop’s presence. Silence filled the office. Jaeseop picked a book from a shelf and flipped through it while Kevin was busy with the proposal.

 

“Who is Kevin?” asked Kevin, breaking the silence. Jaeseop was surprised at the sudden question shot at him.

 

“You are Kevin. Wha-What a stupid question is that?” Replied Jaeseop, stuttering. Kevin turned his chair around to face Jaeseop.

 

“You know what I mean.”