Chapter 6

r2

“You did this proposal all by yourself?” A middle aged man said as he lower his glasses to take a better look at Kevin.

 

“Yes, he did it all by himself, uncle.” Jaeseop said with a smile.

 

Is he proud of me?

 

CEO Nam Heejun nodded, his expression is unreadable. Kevin was not sure if he liked it or not.

 

“This is amazing.” Uncle Nam said with a huge smile across his face.

 

“This proposal is so good, that we will talk about this in our next board meeting.” Kevin can’t believe what’s happening.

 

“I never knew we have such talented young people in our company.” Uncle Nam looked at Kevin and then to Jaeseop.

 

“You kids know about the upcoming hotel and restaurant forum, right?” Kevin and Jaeseop both nodded.

 

“I want you two to go and try to pick up some good points that we can incorporate here at our hotel.”

 

“Uncle…are you serious?! That’s like a major event for hotel owners.”

 

“I have faith in both of you. Have fun.” Kevin couldn’t believe what was happening and how he ended up being sent to a major event attended by famous hotel managers.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Kibum was walking into the hotel with three oranges on his hand. He stepped into their office and he saw something moving...

 

“What the heck was that?!” Kibum was so surprised that he dropped his oranges on the floor.

 

“Who..what are you?!” he asked the thing.

 

“Hyung! I’m Dongho” Said the thing.

 

“Dongho? Why are you wearing a mask, a sunglasses and a cap?!”

 

“I… don’t want other people to recognize me” Dongho replied from under his disguise.

 

“Recognize you? Why? Did you commit a crime?”

 

“Ah…no hyung, I just thought people might recognize me as the guy on the cover of Maxim magazine”

 

“Maxim magazine? You? You’ve got to be kidding me Dongho”

 

“Yes hyung….look” Dongho showed him a magazine and saw who was on the cover. Kibum was stunned at the picture of Dongho on the magazine.

 

When did he started posing for this kind of magazines?

 

Kevin and Jaeseop were walking together towards the office as they accidentally met in the elevator. They went into the office.

 

“OH MY GOD what was that?!” shrieked Kevin. Kibum and Dongho turned towards the direction of Kevin’s voice. The sight was even more shocking than Dongho being on disguise. Kevin was clinging to Jaeseop’s neck and had his head buried on Jaeseop’s chest. Jaeseop’s face was red as a tomato as he did not expect Kevin to cling unto him.

 

“Er..Dongho, why are you wearing a disguise? You can’t wear something like that if you are working here at the hotel, you should know that.” Jaeseop said coldly, Kevin slowly turned around and let go of his arms around Jaeseop’s neck. Dongho was too stunned to answer, Kibum nudged him to speak, but it’s too hard for the young boy.

 

“He’s afraid that people might recognize him” answered Kibum while showing them the magazine Dongho was featured.

 

Jaeseop sighed. “Take it off. Your disguise is scaring people. Nobody would recognize you since you don’t work at the information desk of this hotel.”

 

“Uh, okay” Dongho slowly removed his disguise and can’t look Jaeseop straight into his eyes. Kibum smirked at the power of Jaeseop’s order. But there are two things that he can’t help but wonder. Firstly,

 

What happened between AJ and Kevin?

 

And most importantly,

 

What happened to my oranges?

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“Kevin, you looked happy.” Eli was lying on Kevin’s bed with his laptop as he watched his cousin pack for his business trip.

 

“It’s my first business trip, of course I’m happy.” Eli nodded as he watched his cousin continue packing his stuffs. He turned his attention to the computer screen. He’s doing a little research for his thesis. Eli was balancing his culinary degree at Seoul National University while working part time at a nearby restaurant as an Assistant Chef.

 

“Eli, do you believe in soulmates?” Eli stopped looking at his laptop and turned to look at Kevin.

 

“Why you’d asked?”

 

“Nothing, it’s just it suddenly crossed my mind that’s all” Kevin sighed.

 

“Well, I do believe that everyone will find their soulmate or true love eventually in life.”

 

“Like me and Jiyeon? I mean, is she my soulmate?”

 

“Well, I guess so since you’ve been dating for 3 years now and you already have plans to spend your lives together and all”

 

“So…you’re saying that she’s my soulmate because we’ve been dating long enough?”

 

“I...”

 

“So...if you date someone long enough, they’ll be your soulmate?”

 

“It’s not like that, Kevin”

 

“Enlighten me Eli.”

 

Eli sat on Kevin’s bed, trying to think.

 

“Like, how can you tell that you’ve find the one?” asked Kevin. Eli let his mind wander.

 

“I think you know....when you feel safe when you’re with that person.”

 

“And the confusing but pleasant feelings you felt for them.”

 

“And the happiness you felt, every time you see them smiling.”

 

“Or the unexplainable reflexes you have when you’re around them.”

 

“It’s like your body is taking control over your mind, and there’s no rationality left.” Eli chuckles. Eli looked at Kevin as he noticed that his cousin was slowly blushing.

 

“Kevin, have you found your soulmate?” Kevin looked down.

 

“I...I...don’t know.”

 

“Okay, I think you’ve found your soulmate already.”

 

“I Did?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Eli stood up with his laptop and was about to leave Kevin’s room when he said,

 

“No wonder you’re so happy about going to this business trip…”

 

“What is that supposed to mean?”

 

“Your new boss…”

 

“B…but he’s a guy!”

 

“So? To be honest, I’m not really fond of Jiyeon. I’m sick of seeing you being hurt because of her.”

 

“Eli...”

 

“Like last year…”

 

“Let’s not talk about this anymore.”