Chapter 10

r2

“I had a great time yeobo.” Jiyeon said to Kevin as they were on Jiyeon’s van. They are on their way to Kevin’s house as they used the company car of Jiyeon’s agency instead of his car.

 

“Hmm.” Replied Kevin weakly. They had their fingers intertwined with each other. Jiyeon leaned closer and planted a soft kiss on Kevin’s ear.

 

“You know, we’ve been together for a while now..” She said. Kevin froze

 

“I think it’s time for us to take our relationship to the next level.” She added with her eyes staring straight into Kevin’s. “We’re at that age.”

 

“What do you mean?” Kevin asked, feeling uneasy with the whole conversation.

 

“Marriage.”

 

Kevin was shocked with her answer.

 

Why suddenly marriage? And why was she the one proposing? Shouldn’t I be the one doing that since I’m the guy here?

 

“I already decided to spend the rest of my life with you.” Jiyeon said, her expression was serious. Kevin still shocked looked down, trying to find the right words to say.

 

“Jagi…” Kevin said, as he slowly looked up to Jiyeon.

 

“What if...” Kevin paused. He’s trying to gather his strength to let his words out.

 

“....what if we’re not meant for each other?” Jiyeon was shocked, her eyes widen. O___O

 

“...that’s ridiculous... we’re made for each other, remember?” Jiyeon said panicking as she held Kevin’s hand and played with the ring on Kevin’s finger. It’s their couple ring. Kevin slowly let go of Jiyeon’s hand, “I mean, what if we were wrong about it?”

 

Jiyeon gritted her teeth, “Stop it.”

 

“What if we’re meant for other people but not each other?”

 

“Stop it.” Jiyeon said, now with tears forming on her eyes but Kevin kept on going.

 

“Maybe.....I’m not your soulmate.”

 

“I said stop talking nonsense, damn it!!” Jiyeon slammed her hand on the van’s door which caused it to stop. Kevin was shocked, he had never seen Jiyeon like that.

 

Kevin looked into Jiyeon’s teary eyes, searching for comforting words to say.

 

Why?

 

“You…” She paused.

 

“...you fell in love with your boss?” She finished her sentence, as tears started flowing from her eyes.

 

Kevin stared at the crying Jiyeon, trying to process what she’s saying.

 

Love?

 

With a lot of things running through his mind, Kevin decided to go out of the van and took a cab home leaving Jiyeon inside the van crying.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Upon arriving to their house, Kevin rushed into his room, not bothering to lock the door. He buried his face in the pillow and cried his heart out. The whole incident had drained all his energy. He felt so exhausted and confused.

 

Eli came into the room, “Kevin, are you okay?” He slowly walked towards Kevin’s side and sat on the bed. Eli gently rubbed his cousin’s back, hoping that it will ease his pain and sadness.

 

“Eli...” Kevin said as he lifted his head from the pillow.

 

Eli looked at his cousin, “It’s okay, you can tell me anything.”

 

“I think...I just broke up with her.” Kevin said, sobbing.

 

Eli nod his head, “It’s okay.”

 

“What did I just do?”

 

“Something that you should have done a long time ago.”

 

“But…is this right?”

 

“Vinnie, just follow your heart.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Stop thinking about all the logics, and your lifetime plan for once and....just, let your heart decide.”

 

Eli used his fingers to wipe the tears on his cousin’s face. He pulled him into a hug.

 

“Follow your heart.”

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

That night was the first time Kevin dreamt of Jaeseop. They were at an amusement park. They held hands and were riding the Ferris wheel together so beautiful with happy smiles on their faces. Suddenly it stopped when they reached the top. They looked into each other’s eyes, ignoring everything else that’s going on around them. Slowly Jaeseop pulled Kevin’s body closer to his. He held Kevin’s face with both of his hands; their foreheads are touching each other.

 

“I love you.” Jaeseop said before he kissed Kevin passionately

.

Kevin’s eyes shot open, his heart beating fast. He realized that he’s on his bed alone. He touched his lips, remembering the taste of the kiss he had with Jaeseop in his dream. He smiled. He hardly remembered any of his dreams, but tonight he did. And it was the sweetest dream he ever had.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“You’re up early today, cousin.”

 

Kevin was surprised to see Eli already set up the table for breakfast.

 

“Let’s have breakfast together.” Eli grinned.

 

The breakfast was simple, a glass of milk for Kevin and a bowl of cereal along with it. Kevin sat down and was surprised to see the content of his bowl. It was milk with a few alphabet-shaped cereals floating forming a sentence.

 

‘F-O-L-L-O-W . Y-O-U-R. H-E-A-R-T’

 

Kevin spelt it silently. ‘Follow your heart’. Kevin smiled, “Thanks cousin, but I need more cereal.”

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

At the hotel

 

“Hyung, where is AJ?” Kevin asked to Kibum

 

Kibum raised his eyebrow, “AJ?” Kevin nodded.

 

“That sounded intimate. The way you say his name like that.”

 

Kevin was caught off guard, “Intimate? What are you talking about?”

 

“What is going on?” Kibum asked

 

“Nothing is going on. You’re weird.”

 

Kibum shook his head, “You’re the one who’s weird. I’ve never seen you like this.”

 

Kevin looked at Kibum, confused.

 

“You’re always so easy going and cheerful who is always on the easy way of life but what you put yourself into now is anything but…”

 

Suddenly Jaeseop arrived looking slightly messy. Ignoring his staffs, he went straight inside his office. He looked out of the window. There’s no emotion in his eyes.

 

Kevin has been staring at Jaeseop every time he thought Jaeseop didn’t notice. He felt like a stalker, but he did it anyway. [A/N: Jaeseop’s office has see through walls that’s why Kevin can stalk Jaeseop ^____^]

 

Beep.

 

Kevin checked his phone, there’s a new message. It was from Eli. Kevin chuckled as he read the message. It was a screen full of the same sentence, ‘Follow your

heart’. He looked up and saw Eli at the door of their office. Eli was making a heart above his head and pointing at Jaeseop. Kevin smiled. Maybe it’s time he should just, follow his heart. Kevin pulled out his mirror and checked himself. He stood up and took a deep breath. Slowly he walked towards Jaeseop’s office. [A/N: Eli was an intern at the hotel’s restaurant while Kiseop was an intern in the information desk of the hotel]

 

“Excuse me, Mr. Kim?”

 

Jaeseop looked up, he seems surprised.

 

“Yes?” He closed the book he was reading.

 

Kevin wanted to say something, but he’s too nervous. It’s the first time he’s doing what he’s about to do. The whole office gave their attention to the two. They’re all curious of what Kevin was doing and what he’s about to say. Even Eli have no idea.

 

“Are you free after work?” Kevin asked, his face was red.

 

“Er…I’m not sure, why?”

 

Kevin looked down, “Well, I was wondering if you want to go to Lotte World with me?”

 

“Way to go Kevin!.” Eli said silently in his head.

 

“WHAT THE?!.” Kibum said out loud.

 

Jaeseop stared at the blushing Kevin, still shocked by the sudden approach.

 

Did he just asked me out?!

 

The idea of going on an amusement park with Kevin is great. It’s like a dream come true. Jaeseop really wanted to say yes. But he’s still hurt. What happened yesterday really drained Jaeseop emotionally. As much as he loves Kevin, he just wanted to take revenge on him this one time.

 

“I’m sorry. I can’t go. Why bother asking me when you can go with your girlfriend?” Jaeseop said with a glare.

 

Kevin can feel his heart is breaking. Pieces by pieces as it drop to the ground. He turned around and left the office, without saying a word.

 

Eli wasn’t expecting that to happen. “How could you?” He shouted to Jaeseop before rushing out to follow Kevin.

 

Jaeseop opened his book and pretended to be reading. But his mind is still on Kevin.

 

What did I just do?

 

AN: Double update to make up for my long hiatus..sorry guys, been busy in the hospital T^T