Chapter 9

r2

“And done! kyaaahhh” Kevin shouted happily as he was stretching his arms. He finished editing the photos that will be used for the new campaign ad of the hotel. Jaeseop chuckled at the sight of hyper Kevin who’s getting ready to go home.

 

“Hey, Kevin why don’t you come here for awhile I bought some foods, I wouldn’t mind sharing them with you.”

 

“Really? Geez thanks AJ. Working too much makes me really hungry.”

 

And they sat there and eat when suddenly Kevin noticed that there was spaghetti sauce on Jaeseop’s lips.

 

Awww..so cute.

 

Unable to resist, Kevin wiped Jaeseop’s lips with his thumb. Jaeseop was staring at Kevin the entire time. Kevin, feeling eyes on him, looked back. Their eyes met. At that instant, something happened. It was like there’s a magnetic force between them. Their heads moved closer. Kevin unknowingly had his eyes staring at Jaeseop’s luscious lips. The next thing they knew, their noses were touching each other. Jaeseop can feel Kevin’s hot breath on his face. He moved his head closer to Kevin’s, their lips almost touching. At the same time, Kevin saw a picture on Jaeseop’s desk. It was from Jiyeon’s photoshoot. Kevin pulled his body away, and took a few steps back. Jaeseop was surprised but he kept his cool attitude. They both kept silent.

 

“AJ” Kevin suddenly said. “I have a girlfriend.”

 

Jaeseop shook his head. “I guess I got it when she told me that loud and clear the first time.”

 

Silence filled the air again.

 

“I… have to go now, I’ve finished my work anyway.” Kevin said as he grabbed his bag. “Eli is probably worried about me right now and…”

 

“Kevin”

 

Kevin paused.

 

“Do you love her?”

 

No answer.

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“I…I...” Kevin sighed and leave without an answer.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

The next day…

 

“Has anyone seen Kevin?” asked Jaeseop

 

“I think he went to the ground floor parking lot to-“ but Kibum wasn’t able to finish his sentence as Jaeseop already left the office.

 

Jaeseop entered the elevator and pressed G. It didn’t take long for him to reach the ground floor. The elevator slowly opened, he saw Kevin was talking to someone right in front of the door.

 

“Hey, Kevin!” He shouted happily. He walked towards Kevin and then paused when he saw the person Kevin was talking to was Jiyeon.

 

“Oh, Mr. Kim. Are you looking for me?” Kevin asked with a ‘formal’ tone.

 

Jaeseop can feel his heart slowly breaking as Kevin spoke to him in the formal manner. Jiyeon stared at Jaeseop as he walked, Jaeseop glared at her.

 

“Well umm…Not really.” Jaeseop replied, his voice was weak.

 

“I need to get off early today, is that okay?” Kevin asked.

 

“We have a dinner date.” Jiyeon added loud and clear.

 

Jaeseop felt like sealing with a tape. Jiyeon intertwined her hands with Kevin. Kevin felt extremely awkward and guilty. He didn’t want anyone to get hurt.

 

“Sure, have fun.” Jaeseop said as he turned his back on the couple and walked away towards the opposite way. His chest felt heavy, his heart is breaking and unable to contain his emotions. He walked faster, as he felt Kevin’s eyes are on him. He ended up running.

 

Kevin watched as Jaeseop ran away, he knew he had hurt him. He wanted to run to him, he wanted to hug him. But he didn’t. Instead, he held tight to Jiyeon’s hand.

 

AJ, I’m sorry.