Chapter 12

r2

“OH MY GOD!!” shouted a voice.

 

Jaeseop and Kevin quickly let go of each other and turned to the direction of the voice. A girl was standing by the door, her face was pale.

 

“Steph?! What are you doing here?!”

 

Stephanie was too shocked to say anything; she kept on staring at Kevin.

 

“I thought you’ll be home late?” Jaeseop said as he walked towards Stephanie.

 

Kevin stood up, he’s not so sure how to react when he just got caught kissing the girl’s brother.

 

She’s going to hate me.

 

Stephanie pushed Jaeseop aside and walked towards Kevin. Her eyes didn’t even blink once; she was so fixed at staring the person in front of her. Kevin was worried of her reaction.

 

“What are you doing?!” Jaeseop said as he watched Stephanie touch Kevin’s face with both of her hands.

 

It’s no doubt that they are siblings

.

“Ouch!” Stephanie pulled Kevin’s cheeks.

 

“YAH!, you’re hurting him!” Jaeseop grabbed his sister’s hand.

 

“Did you secretly went to Hogwarts to study some magic? How did you do it?” Stephanie suddenly asked.

 

“Do what?”

 

“Making your imaginary girlfriend come to life”

 

“Imaginary girlfriend?” asked Kevin, slightly puzzled.

 

“Oh it’s..ummmph!”

 

Jaeseop quickly covered his sister’s mouth with his hand.

 

“Don’t listen to her. It’s nothing. Hahahaha.” Jaeseop laughs nervously as he drag his sister to the door. Stephanie pushed her brother’s hand.

 

“He’s been making out with… aaah!” Jaeseop pulled his sister’s left ear.

 

“He even drew your face once that’s how I know you’re his imaginary girlfriend.” Stephanie said as Jaeseop released her ear.

 

Suddenly Stephanie hugged Kevin tightly. She walked backwards towards the door, smiling widely. Her eyes were teary.

 

“Kevin, you just walked out of his dreams and into his life. I was afraid that he will die alone waiting for his imaginary girlfriend, his soulmate to come.” Stephanie giggled and wiped her tears.

 

“That’s not funny…”

 

“Now that I’m relieved, I shall go find my own soulmate.” Stephanie said as she pulled the door knob.

 

“Have fun.”

 

“I will.” Replied Kevin

 

“And oh by the way, my brother is a good kisser.” She winked before closing the door.

 

“I know.” Kevin winked back at her.

 

“NOONA!!” Jaeseop wanted to strangle her but she’s already gone. Kevin chuckled at what just happened.

 

“Okay, that’s my sister.”

 

“Well, she’s adorable but noona?.”

 

“Yeah, more on annoying though. Yup, she’s my noona. She’s a year older than us making her our noona to be specific she’s only 10 months older than me, why?”

 

“Jinja? Wow she looked… younger than her age. I thought she’s younger than us. Kevin laughed and held Jaeseop’s hand.

 

“Well, we have good genes running in our blood that’s why she looks younger than her age even though she doesn’t take care of her skin. She’s a tomboy you know, always playing basketball with the boys in our neighborhood when we were still in New York and even when we returned here in Seoul.” Jaeseop chuckled as he was describing his sister to Kevin.

 

“That was interesting but I think I’ll find it awkward to call her noona.”

 

“You can call her Steph if you want, I rarely call her noona anyway. She’s so childish” Jaeseop said while shaking his head.

 

“So you showed me to her.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“So that means I have no reason to be here anymore.”

 

“Yeah...No! I mean no!”

 

Kevin smiled.

 

“You...want me to stay?”

 

Jaeseop was blushing uncontrollably and nodded.

 

“So you did plan this after all..”

 

Jaeseop smiled as he climbed on the bed and slid into the covers.

 

“Okay, but under one condition.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I want you to be my...personal human teddy bear. I can’t sleep well if I don’t have anything to hug.” Kevin said, shyly.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hyung, can you help me with this? AJ wants it by today.” Kevin said as he handed Kibum a file.

 

AJ? Hmmph.

 

“I’m sorry Kevin, I have my own work to finish or else I might get scolded, unlike someone.” Replied Kibum, not even looking at Kevin

 

“Kibum hyung?”

 

“I’m busy. Go bother other people like the boss or something.”

 

The words were harsh. It hurts even more when it came from a friend.

 

“O…okay, I’m sorry I bothered you.” Kevin said as he returned to sit at his desk. He can’t help but wonder why Kibum was acting like that.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“Kevin, let’s go home!” Eli drag his cousin.

 

“Wait.”

 

“Are you going on a date with AJ again tonight?”

 

“No, I wanted to talk to Kibum hyung for a while. Can you wait for me in the car?”

 

“Kibum hyung?”

 

Kevin nodded. “It won’t take long.”

 

“Okay.”

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hyung wait!” Kevin called.

 

Kibum stopped and turned to the direction of the voice.

 

“Kevin?” Kibum said as he saw Kevin walking towards him.

 

“Hey, what’s up?” Kevin said, waving to his friend.

 

“Well, didn’t we just met?”

 

“Yeah, but…how are you?”

 

Kibum stared blankly at Kevin.

 

“I’m kinda in a rush, so if there’s nothing important you want to say, I have to go.”

 

Kevin stared blankly at Kibum, not sure how to begin.

 

“Okay then, see you tomorrow.” Kibum turned to leave.

 

“Wait!”

 

Kibum turned around, annoyed. “What is it Kevin?”

 

“Well, umm. We’ve been friends for some time..

 

“Since you came to Korea almost 7 years ago, why?”

 

“…and we’ve always been honest with each other.”

 

Kibum looked away, knowing where the conversation will lead.

 

“If you’re mad at me or anything, you can just tell me about it. I don’t want any hard feelings between us.”

 

Kibum stayed silent.

 

“Did I offend you in anyway?”

 

“Was it something I did, or something I said..”

 

Kibum sighed.

 

“It’s not that simple, Vinnie.”

 

Kevin looked at Kibum, his expression is serious.

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

“What?”

 

“Dumping Jiyeon and then hooking up with AJ”

 

Kevin was shocked.

 

“I didn’t mean to invade your personal life, but… as a friend, I can’t help but…worry for you.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Kibum looked Kevin straight into the eyes, “AJ? Seriously?”

 

Kevin felt a bit offended.

 

“Why not? I love him.”

 

Kibum laughed. “Love? Are you kidding me?”

 

“I’m serious.”

 

“It’s not love. You’re just using him to forget your girlfriend.”

 

“It’s not like that…”

 

“It could be infatuation, or obsession…but that is NOT love.”

 

“You don’t know what you’re talking about.” Kevin defends himself.

 

“Are you willing to give your future away?”

 

“My future?”

 

“What about your dream family? Your cute 2-storey house with a garden and a dog?”

 

“I..I…”

 

“What about having children? And a wife?”

 

Kevin couldn’t come up with any words to say to Kibum.

 

“Why don’t you say anything? You know I’m right.”

 

Kevin looked down, confused.

 

“What about your mother?”

 

Kevin looked up upon hearing his mother being mentioned.

 

“Will she be happy with this?”

 

Kibum felt like he said something inappropriate as he remembered that Kevin is very sensitive when it comes to his mother.

 

Kevin looked away, there are tears in his eyes.

 

“That guy, AJ. He’s hot and all that but I’m pretty sure that he’s just toying with your emotions.”

 

“Enough, hyung.”

 

“I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

 

“I said, enough.”

 

“Fine. You can hate me if you want. Is it wrong for me giving an advice for a friend?”

 

Kevin looked into Kibum’s eyes, they are sincere, like always.

 

“Before you get carried away, I think it’s better for you to stop it now.”

 

Kibum put a hand on Kevin’s shoulder, gently caressing it.

 

“I’m saying this because I love you and I care about you....because you are my friend.”

 

AN: are there still readers? please comment and tell me if I should continue this or not :(