Chapter 5

r2

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jaeseop was hoping that Kevin will leave the subject.

 

“At the restaurant, you mistook me as ‘Kevin’. Who is he?” Kevin obviously not letting go of the topic. Jaeseop looked out of the window.

 

“Just someone.” He replied. Silence fell upon them again.

 

“Do you think dreams can come true?” Asked Jaeseop, still looking at the window.

 

“Dreams? As in the future?”

 

“No. Dreams, as in the kind that you experience when you sleep.”

 

“Oh.” Kevin rolled his chair closer to Jaeseop.

 

“I don’t know. I hardly remember my dreams. Well, do you?”

 

Jaeseop turned his face to Kevin. He nodded.

 

“I always have similar dreams.”

 

Kevin was listening carefully, he’s curious to know where the conversation goes.

 

“The same person kept appearing in almost all my dreams.”

 

“Oh! Like the boogeyman?” asked Kevin, bluntly. Jaeseop shook his head.

 

“No silly, like, a guy.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“I’ve been dreaming of him since I was a child.” Jaeseop looked down, his expression was unreadable.

 

“He’s always there for me, whether I’m sad or happy.” Jaeseop looks like he wanted to say something, but he’s unsure of it.

 

“It’s stupid but…I fell in love with him.” Jaeseop said, slightly blushing. They both kept silent.

 

“So er..is he still appear in your dreams until now?” Kevin asked, attempting to break the awkward situation.

 

“No. I stopped dreaming of him since I met you.” Kevin froze. He didn’t know how to react.

 

“You know what’s funny though?” Jaeseop looked up.

 

“He looks exactly like you.” Jaeseop looked straight into Kevin’s eyes.

 

“Maybe dreams do come true.” Jaeseop smiled as he finished his last sentence. This is the second time Kevin ever seen Jaeseop smiling. He can feel the sudden increase of his heartbeat and the sudden heat on his cheeks. They’re locked in an intense eye contact, but none of them were trying to look away. Jaeseop felt relieved after letting it out. He didn’t really understand it himself. He never thought that the boy of his dreams exist in real life. Kevin is exactly like the ‘Kevin’ in his dreams. The way they talk, the way they laugh and the sparkle in their eyes are exactly the same. Jaeseop lay on the couch with his face facing Kevin.

 

One day, you’ll fall for me.

 

And soon he fell asleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

That night Jaeseop dreamt of Kevin again. They were sleeping together on a white couch. Jaeseop felt so comfortable with Kevin’s arms around his waist. Jaeseop examined Kevin’s sleeping face.

 

It’s so beautiful.

 

Kevin was wearing the same clothes he wore that day.

 

Eh?

 

Jaeseop froze.

 

This can’t be…

 

He has to check something. He pinched his own arm.

 

“Ouch!” It hurts.

 

This can’t be a dream.

 

He looked at his watch, its 3:30 am. The computer was still . Kevin moved closer towards Jaeseop’s back. He soon buried his head at the crook of Jaeseop’s neck before started snoring.

 

So cute.

 

Jaeseop can feel his whole body heating up. It’s like the entire body is blushing. He never expected this to happen in reality. He flips over so that he is facing Kevin and tightens his arms around Kevin and put his chin on top of Kevin’s head. Tears of happiness rolled down his cheeks.

 

“I love you.” he whispered slowly. Jaeseop doesn’t want to close his eyes. For the first time, he didn’t want to sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“Kevin, wake up.” Kevin can feel a warm hand shaking his shoulder. He opened his eyes slowly. The first thing he saw was Jaeseop’s smiling face.

 

A smiling angel. Am I in heaven?

 

Jaeseop was sitting on the coffee table against the couch.

 

“What time is it?” Kevin pulled his body up.

 

“It’s 7:29am” Kevin stared at Jaeseop with wide eyes.

 

“Gosh! Did I fell asleep last night?! I didn’t finish the layout yet!” Kevin panicked, he stood up and trying to get to his table but Jaeseop grabbed his arm.

 

“It’s finished. Don’t worry about it.”

 

“But..” Jaeseop pulled up a large cardboard with the proposal project printed on it.

 

“When did I..?” Kevin paused.

 

“You....finished it for me?”

 

Suddenly, his phone rang. Kevin pulled his hand and reached for the phone on the table. He picked it up without looking at the screen.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Yeobo! Where are you?!” It was Jiyeon.

 

“Oh..jagi..”

 

Jaeseop’s facial expression changed as he heard Kevin called the person on the other line sweetly. His heart… it hurts : (

 

AN/

some chapters are short while some are long...err sorry about that hehe